Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Professional - Relocation outside of Ireland suggestions

• 17-01-2019 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Looking for some relocation advise.

I'm in my late 20's, project manager at a tech company and I'm looking to make a move to a new location. My company won't facilitate me to work remotely so I'm looking to make a move and find work locally.

What I really need some direction and advice on is picking a suitable location to move to.
    I'm toying with the idea of Australia (Melbourne/Sydney) or Doha, as there sufficient work opportunities that are quite well paid there, and the climate sounds good, aside from 2-3 hot months a year.

Can you share your insight on where you would recommend a move to. I have some desired criteria which I would like to hit all of the points.
    1. Good climate year round (ie around 20°C, no snow, not much rain)
    2. Tech industry opportunities (specifically project/program manager)
    3. Not a crazy cost of living (I would like to avoid the rent prices of SF)
    4. Visa accessibility (Europe is an easy option, as well as a relatively straightforward process for Australia, but the US can be somewhat restrictive).
    5. Young population (places with a substantial population aged 20-40)
    6. Reasonably number of public and vacation days (ideally close to our 4 weeks statutory allowance).

What would be your suggestion of a location to relocate to be, and why?

ps... if this post could be positioned better in another forum, let me know.

Advertisement