Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OEM MK1 GT turbo Starlet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Darraghmh91.

Update time
    Got this non smoking ashtray in the door today after weeks of waiting for it but happy it came today

It'd a velvet inside to it and it's just for holding coins and stuff as Iv stated cause there's so many tolls in Japan so there coin crazy

image_zps131df309.jpg

image_zps09b62b52.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Only after noticing this now:eek:ill be keeping an eye on it.. where are you based?

I have only one rare OEM Toyota part and that is my "man in dandism" floor mats I added to my near stock purple rev5 mr2 1998 na-added a decat and a rare as fook RS-R magic concept cat back exhaust:D

I have the full 5 piece Matt set in this myself .. Could have all the extras nd no matts nd it's just look stink without them all cars need the oem matts
    I'm just in Tallaght if your near by pop up some time bring the mr2 I love them I love the Rev1 .. Is your mr2 a t-bar man

Wahoo just got this reg plate in the door to suit my optional extra reg plate surrounds so Iv jap size plates now

image_zpsf9b05454.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

You are a man (or woman) after my own heart. OEM spec classics are more unique and desirable then some Kitted out b@stardised wreck. Your GT is mint from what i can see, a lovely example, well done.
    My personal want is a 300zx twin turbo completely origional, wheels, interior, the lot. One day......

• Advertisement

You are a man (or woman) after my own heart. OEM spec classics are more unique and desirable then some Kitted out b@stardised wreck. Your GT is mint from what i can see, a lovely example, well done.
    My personal want is a 300zx twin turbo completely origional, wheels, interior, the lot. One day......

Yeah I'm on other forums and just find it boaring with people tryin to best eachother with there bhp and who has the most "Jdm" lookin starlet do I done this nd it gets great attention off people but others don't like the oem look
    Ha save hard enough and you will get it man be positive
    after this project I'm gonna get this baby nd feel like a king drivin it ha

http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/TOYOTA/SPRINTER_TRUENO/700020060030140130003/index.html

hey yea oem is the only way to roll, im in ashbourne myself not too far away hope to see it at a mini motors forum meet;)

here is an old pic of mine before the RS-R went on:)

tbar yes indeedy-home of the leaks :pac:

WP_20141026_001.jpg

WP_20141026_002.jpg

WP_20141107_001.jpg

WP_20141107_002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Toyota have the weirdest options, they never stop amazing me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

CianRyan wrote: »
    Toyota have the weirdest options, they never stop amazing me!

+1 to that, and I am seriously enjoying seeing some of them in this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Great thread will definitely be keeping an eye on it!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the comments lads .. Yeah they are quirky extras they have for the starlet i was amazed when i first saw what can be got for it and knew I'd have to get them all but Iv still plenty more to get still which are near impossible to get but I'll get them all

Here's a picture of the front clean box opened up

image_zps58641293.jpg

Here's a picture of inside the arm rest with more slots for change
    I'd love to get my hands on some jap coins for the slots .. Be a cool jap piece of history

image_zps4a118188.jpg

Jap coins I found in the car WINNER

image_zpsea1afc6b.jpg

image_zpsbb103379.jpg

I think I might have some old jap coins at home somewhere, that I found in one of my CRX s , hopefully I can dig them out for yourself :-)

davycc wrote: »
    I think I might have some old jap coins at home somewhere, that I found in one of my CRX s , hopefully I can dig them out for yourself :-)

If Ya dig them up I'll take them off you Davy that'd be super id live to have a few of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Os there a specific site your sourcing the OEM extras? Amongst my fleet is a '95 Primera SRi that is so close to original but missing some small bits. Unfortunately the original SRi alloys are rarer then hen's teeth but I'd love to source some other original bits. Cheers

Os there a specific site your sourcing the OEM extras? Amongst my fleet is a '95 Primera SRi that is so close to original but missing some small bits. Unfortunately the original SRi alloys are rarer then hen's teeth but I'd love to source some other original bits. Cheers

I know a few people in Japan that can source me all these parts there pretty hard got some are near impossible to get itl take years to get .. I had the same problem with these wheels took the guts of 5 or 6 years non stop searching to get a set that need a spray nd were quite expensive too but so worth it

Got this beauty off Cian ryan in over the moon with it cheers Cian

image_zps7c993a99.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Glad to get you it, Dar.
    Just payback for the MX-5 HyperRevs. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

Epic thread, really enjoying it.

Epic thread, really enjoying it.

Cheers man .. Should have updates soon on this now gettin a few bits done on it

Got myself a full gasket set from toyota today .. Got the manifold gasket, full turbo kit gaskets and exhaust gaskets .. Also ordered more stuff today which I'll be gettin tomorrow and other stuff comin in March

image_zps449639e5.jpg

image_zps9193ad74.jpg

• Advertisement

Got myself more toyota goodies today .. Bought cat studs and nuts and bought a 5ltr bottle of Coolant for when I change my turbo on Sunday .. Also bought a manifold heat shield so that will tidy up the engine bay a nice bit I'll polish it up before I put it on and get new bolts .. Can't put new parts on with old nuts and bolts

image_zps5e1ef4cc.jpg

image_zps68b43b4a.jpg
    image_zps53472948.jpg

Got these exhaust hangers off toyota today I'm still waiting on the other 2 to come in along with more parts

image_zpsa7ac3839.jpg

I'd love to see some a bit of a video tour of the car, OEM builds are really cool.

I will when I'm happy with the car I'll get a video guided tour of it with the oem exhaust and stuff on it and the oem radio aswell with another few extras

So after a lot of elbow grease and smokes my manifold heat shield now looks like this .. Well worth the effort I think took hours to do but really happy with it now .. What you all think

image_zps2fb54dee.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

That is one shiny heat shield! Looks the bidness!

Fair play!

Cheers man have more stuff to polish up when they arrive too .. Takes a long time but well worth it

I'm hopin to have a few more optional extras comin soon too

So got a few pictures of the engine bay today with stuff that's buggin me that I have to get sorted nd cleaned up .. But it's slowly comin togethor now

175F8BAB-DD68-4E9F-A1A3-577B042E05BC_zps0jmuntxv.jpg

The yellow pipes have to go there such an eye sorer so I'll be goin toyota and buying all new ones that were on the car as standard .. Just need money as Iv so much other stuff to get from toyota

B3EE2658-B189-4755-A288-2445746847E3_zpsfczufv9q.jpg

Air box bracket is wreckin my head so ill have to spray that up soon and get a new bolt for it

ABD4B550-B56E-4BDE-98E0-09C3C5A88477_zpsrsotizhi.jpg

The pipe coming from turbo to air box had no sticker so need a new pipe and its discontinued from toyota

64E9ECB7-B996-493A-9789-E73B48A835C6_zpsxtbpa6li.jpg

Cat is lookin shabby so Im gonna get a new one later on down the line and spray it up with heat resistant paint and get new shields for it from Toyota and polish them up

389FFCCC-628F-443A-A69F-060A88E3D71A_zpsyzq7zf7v.jpg

Car went to mechanic as it wasn't starting at all it wasn't even crankin so hot the loom takin out and repaired and got it started but sounded horribal like a really bad 4 stroke bike so we think the timing is retarted due to running high boost on the turbo so standard turbo back in it now and lookin for a standard actuator now and also found a leak in the rad so new one is on order with new brackets and bolts

AB89448A-ECF5-45C3-87A7-3197B7DAB2C2_zpsudkdo0xr.jpg

276A8216-1D12-4A06-A06E-6920ECD2F704_zps5y0x6dmh.jpg

Almost forgot to add that I got these off Toyota
    Went down and got the other 2 exhaust hangers off them so that's all 4 now for my new exhaust and got the bolts for the mani shield and cat shield .. Can't put old bolts on new parts

E09BD31E-6D12-4FC4-A413-10C77C77A4DE_zpsrw6ij3ue.jpg

1FAD2A0D-AF04-4640-85BF-75ECF477321A_zpss0xpbmds.jpg

• Advertisement

I love the attention to detail.

Advertisement