Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tournament post template

• 20-07-2013 11:37pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For tournament organisers, here's a post containing the information that should appear in the FIRST post of the thread.

Posting your thread early and updating regularly is the best way to keep it in peoples minds.

This will make it much easier for people to attend and enjoy your tournament.

Thread title should have name of tournament, date, rough location and games being played in it

Name of tournament Self explanatory.
    Date of tournament
    Location of tournament Including a google maps link is a good idea. Remember the more details the better. People may be travelling some distance to attend. Bus numbers/ train routes and directions from the local city centre etc.
    Which games are being played
    Platform of game People need to know so they can bring the correct controller.
    Rough time of kick off for each game or at minimum the order of the games.
    Cost of tournament

Including all this information with as much time in advance as possible will really make it easier for people to come.

Here are the currently widely used abbreviations used for most games:

SSF4AE2012 - Latest Street Fighter 4 release
    UMvC3 - Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
    BBCSEX - Blaz Blue Continuum Shift Extend
    P4AU - Persona 4 arena.
    TTT2 - Teken Tag Tournament 2
    IGAU - Injustice Gods Among Us

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Should this be a sticky?

Maybe a link to best place for running brackets like http://challonge.com/ or w/e is out there

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

whenever possible its always a good idea to make up a little poster for the event, like this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65429021

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

The Hound wrote: »
    Should this be a sticky?

Maybe a link to best place for running brackets like http://challonge.com/ or w/e is out there

I'd go with something like Tournament Maker just in case there's no internet access at the venue. It's what I used for the KOF ranbats I ran.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I can't believe how many years it took for someone to think of making a thread like this. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Zoomyzoom

Hi guys, hope all is well and good with everyone!

I don't have a clue about how to run a successful tournament let alone how to prepare for one but from watching you guys for the past year and a half they seem like both entertaining and frustrating events, and I want to help!

I'd like to put myself forward to help the organizers and anyone else involved in running tournaments. I really want to know what it's like to walk in the members shoe's and do things that you guys do as well as showing my appreciation to those who have helped me on my academic journey to PhD level!! I'm not too sure what exactly I can do but I can help with the pre-organizing in terms of promotion and awareness as well as during the tournament... helping set up the room, doing the brackets, the recording desk, and any general things that needs doing on the day.

Thanks guys! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement