Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

History and Structure of Irish Education Exam for foreign-trained teachers

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 paddyfulham

I am sitting the exam next month remotely due to covid restrictions. The link with the notes is useful. I have also fired off a few PMs to people. Anyone done the exam remotely yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 breigin

I have posted my notes to the Facebook group called international teachers in ireland. Several other members of the group have posted notes and past paper questions

• Registered Users Posts: 4 stevenwilliams

Hi, I sat the exam back in August. I'm in Australia so it was a great opportunity to do the exam without flying to Ireland.
    I'm still not really clear about the process. I tried to find out how the exam could be invigilated online and was ready to have my computer camera used with someone online watching my actions. In the end I just logged in and did the exam with out any personal interaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Supersonic42

Would anyone have access to the blue book on the History of Irish Education & Structure? Or be willing to seek on their notes? Have the exam coming up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are notes on the link on dublin1850.com as mentioned above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 LornaBird

Does anyone know how many times you can attempt this exam? I could have sworn I saw information about this somewhere but I can't find it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Polly37

Hi Lorna, as many times as you like.... Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Many thanks for sharing the link (so many times!), however, I can't seem to get it to open. Are they still available?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Right click and choose 'save link as'.

It may give a security warning but it's fine. If you can't get it, PM me an email address and I will send you it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

I'm doing this exam on Saturday 12th Nov and I have never resented anything as much in my entire life. It is such a unnecessary pointless exercise.

I have started reading some articles online (also stuff posted here) so hopefully it will go OK. It is online but I'm not sure how it will be invigilated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement