Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Liam Gallagher - 3Arena - 24th Nov

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Listened to the new album a couple of times today. Decent. Few times I winced and thought Noel could have improved a cheesy lyric here or there but it had so much that Noel lacked once he went solo. Edge, passion a song going off on a tangent here and there.

Solid album.
    I do feel there is a classic album in Liam yet. Maybe it’s sentimentality but I think he will, in the next two or three solo albums come up with something that goes into the top 50 albums of all time lists.

He’s on the cusp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Pay 26 to see Miles kane on Friday or pay 52 see him and liam over the weekend. Mcd are numptys

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sausages14

Cracking setlist to kick off the tour in Cardiff last night. Buzzing for Saturday week. I hope to god he keeps Acquiesce in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Sausages14 wrote: »
    Cracking setlist to kick off the tour in Cardiff last night. Buzzing for Saturday week. I hope to god he keeps Acquiesce in there!

The setlist, for reference.

Rock 'n' Roll Star
    Halo
    Shockwave
    Wall of Glass
    For What It's Worth
    Morning Glory
    Columbia
    Stand by Me
    Once
    Now That I've Found You
    One of Us
    The World's Not Set in Stone
    Greedy Soul
    Be Still
    The River
    Gas Panic!
    Wonderwall

Encore:

Acquiesce
    Roll With It
    Supersonic
    Champagne Supernova

Goddamn, that encore is INCREDIBLE. Can't wait for next weekend.

Looking forward also to hearing his new single 'Now That I've Found You' live. His acoustic version of it from that MTV Unplugged show a few months ago was brilliant.

I wonder is he doing it acoustic or just the standard album version for he tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Wow. That is impressive. i had pencilled in going to Girl Band on that Saturday night. But it's hard to pass up on a Gallagher gig belting out those tunes. Love Comumbia. Don't hear much about it when people on about Definately Maybe. But it does it for me.
    Noel to make an appearance during One of Us, and Liam to announce that Oasis are back together for one worldwide tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 RobbieHawkins

Looking forward to the Saturday now, Cork was great even with the bad weather. Of the Oasis tracks can't wait to hear Stand by Me and Acquiesce.

Any word on what time he came on stage at the other gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

is the 24th the Sunday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

is the 24th the Sunday night?

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Great free after party for anyone heading on the Saturday Night
    73231243_2483382285070634_5739721236980695040_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQllXYHsSo6RMJ7ffpaYUScJuiWP592YSl3jnYf0qOySKn37_0kwNUzCiH72fYfxxU0&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=e13cd87942b6b1267cf4ad298bf20cdc&oe=5E499041

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭hermano

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Great free after party for anyone heading on the Saturday Night
    73231243_2483382285070634_5739721236980695040_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQllXYHsSo6RMJ7ffpaYUScJuiWP592YSl3jnYf0qOySKn37_0kwNUzCiH72fYfxxU0&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=e13cd87942b6b1267cf4ad298bf20cdc&oe=5E499041

Nothings free in temple bar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Entry is free and the DJ's are playing their own collections for free. Up to you if you decide to have a drink or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I attended my first Dublin concert last night and to my dismay I was one of the shortest men in the room, even many of the women were taller. What a travesty, it makes you wonder if it had something to do with Dublins Scandinavian past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I attended my first Dublin concert last night and to my dismay I was one of the shortest men in the room, even many of the women were taller. What a travesty, it makes you wonder if it had something to do with Dublins Scandinavian past.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nothin wrong with navy scandas bud

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I will attend to watch my fellow Ulsterman Liam in 3arena next week if Dubliners like it or not, I will push to the front like the manlet I am.

Any idea where I could get 1 standing for the Saturday gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Any idea where I could get 1 standing for the Saturday gig

Try toutless or twickets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Saw Liam in Newcastle last night, I though he was brilliant.
    Hadn't seen him in live since 2002.
    Of his new stuff Once was the best I thought.
    All the Oasis stuff was magic apart maybe Wonderwall which I reckon he could drop.
    Acquiescence was the highlight for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Managed to get a standing ticket for the Saturday gig, can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I have a standing for the sunday night but can't make it. Gutted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Seen snippets of an interview Noel done with The Big Issue and was surprised to see that he agreed with the interviewer that Liam was outselling him on record and gig sales.

Liam also mentioned in an interview that his other brother hasn't been on speaking terms with Noel for years which surprised me also as I thought it was Liam was the one he wasn't talking to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

Saw Liam in Newcastle last night, I though he was brilliant.
    Hadn't seen him in live since 2002.
    Of his new stuff Once was the best I thought.
    All the Oasis stuff was magic apart maybe Wonderwall which I reckon he could drop.
    Acquiescence was the highlight for me.

How long was the show the other night ?

I'm guessing he will be on at 9 off by 10:30 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 scsei

I have a standing for the sunday night but can't make it. Gutted.

PM sent.

piplip87 wrote: »
    How long was the show the other night ?

I'm guessing he will be on at 9 off by 10:30 ?

I'd be interested to know this too - He was on before 9 in Cork was 8 or 8.30 if I remember correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

I see Gene Gallagher came on a drummed at the Sheffield gig. Would be good on Saturday night. Hopefully Bonehead comes along too.

Very very good set list this last week or so. Hopefully Aquiese stays in the set list.

Would love Slide away added to what's there though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭I see sheep

I'd be interested to know this too - He was on before 9 in Cork was 8 or 8.30 if I remember correctly

Yeah about 9.10 to 10.40

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Twisted Wheel added to the line-up for this. Great band, would love them to be after Miles Kane.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Listening to twisted wheel all morning, excited about seeing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Ticket hasn't arrived yet, bricking it :D

Advertisement