Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone on here have a titanium moderator?

• 18-10-2019 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone on here has a titanium sound moderator?

I'm thinking of a new mod for my 6.5x55, and the titanium ones are spoken of highly on UK forums as nice and light but much longer lasting than aluminium. I may just get a Hausken JD224, but want to explore all other options first.

Does anyone have a titanium mod, or know of any dealers selling them in the Republic?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Ziggieire

I have a Titanium insert in my Widlcat 8 that i use on my winmag, it holds up a lot better than the standard steel defuses.
    Sounds about the same but zero pitting

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭SakoHunter75

It looks like Ballistech might be selling the Freyr and Devik titanium mods. May give them a ring and see if they do and what they go for. I'm not really prepared to spend a whole pile extra, but if the difference was reasonable I'd consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭philmire

What's your round count if its low numbers I stick with something light I've a rodale lightweight mod that I bought second hand made from aluminum so only 200 grams and never a bother with it I use it on a 243

I only use that rifle for stalking, so in fairness the round count would be low enough. I'm sure I'd be grand with a Hausken, but the idea of a 'mod for life' is appealing too, especially if there isn't too much difference in the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Fx Royale

I only use that rifle for stalking, so in fairness the round count would be low enough. I'm sure I'd be grand with a Hausken, but the idea of a 'mod for life' is appealing too, especially if there isn't too much difference in the price.

I’m looking at the aimsport stainless steel mod myself at the minute it’s coming in at 330 which is 15 more than the hausken and I noticed my hausken on the 308 is starting to go and it’s only 2& half years old and there’s a 5 year guarantee with the aimsport fayer look to be coming in round 360 and they are same as the sauer mod as far as I can see

• Advertisement

Ballistech will have Freyr and Devik titanium mods in stock in a week or two at around 340e or so a piece. They're lighter and much longer lasting than the Hauskens for roughly the same price. I've put my name down for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Ballistech will have Freyr and Devik titanium mods in stock in a week or two at around 340e or so a piece. They're lighter and much longer lasting than the Hauskens for roughly the same price. I've put my name down for one.

If they say a week or 2, it'll most likely be a year or 2, dont be waiting on anything from them if your looking for something soon.

garv123 wrote: »
    If they say a week or 2, it'll most likely be a year or 2, dont be waiting on anything from them if your looking for something soon.

Hmmm, that's not encouraging...

3 bad experiences puts a fella off..

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Heavy handed

The two boys reputation has really gone down hill lately. Nice lads to talk to but getting stuff ordered or lads that bought those bestard boots aren’t having much luck getting warranty work and boot cream as of late.

• Advertisement

The two boys reputation has really gone down hill lately. Nice lads to talk to but getting stuff ordered or lads that bought those bestard boots aren’t having much luck getting warranty work and boot cream as of late.

Just as my delta binos focus wheel and twist up eye cups gave up.. 4 years is an awful bad life expectancy for binos, apparently a 5 year warranty. One of the lads got a set a week after me and he's the same issue.

Must contact them and see what they'll do for me.

My Freyr & Devik 269 mod arrived today from Ballistech, 350e delivered - only slightly dearer than a Hausken, and with the titanium internals it should last way longer so I'm glad I waited for these to come in. Have a new scope on the rifle too which needs zeroing, so will be trying it all out very soon, then off stalking!

Advertisement