Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Subscription options...

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

My Bailies Espresso sub is ending soon, on and off for a few years now.

Was considering, probably will, get a Microlot sub.
    Is the coffee significantly better than the regular Espresso sub? Should be.
    I'll be doing Kalita Wave with a Microlot I reckon.

(I found using the Kalita Wave made a huge difference in flavour to the poured drink. All flavours mentioned on packet could be tasted, new to me really)

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

I'm coming to the end of a bailies microlot sub.

Any other options currently worth considering before signing up again?

:)
    Just got my first Bailies Microlot during the week. Gaggin' to crack it open but finishing another 250g bag first. Patience my dear!!!
    Apple Tart / pineapple. Gotta be joking...........canny wait though. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

G rock wrote: »
    I'm coming to the end of a bailies microlot sub.

Any other options currently worth considering before signing up again?

Silver skin has 10%off month of May. Code is on their main website.

.....anyone got issues with Bailies subscriptions?
    Constantly, going back a few years even, find myself having to contact them about coffee not arriving.
    Times it does but more often than not, Im dropping them emails as to why it's not arriving.

Even when I log in to their site it'll say that I don't have a subscription, then on another page it'll, it'll show (Sept 2018 for eg) that I've paid £95 for a microlot 2x 250gr/month.

This has been on and off like this for a couple of years. Frustrated.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I've not had a problem with Bailies other than they didn't send a cup when I had one of their special offer subs but sent it out the next day.

The issue I have is with DPD, it's coming one day, then it isn't, then it is, then it isn't. However it's sent to work so it's okay.

Anyways, I was told they supply coffee angel with their coffee. Not sure if it's true, but was by a staff member who really knew his coffee

Oh.....their coffee is fab. No complaints and over the last few months I get email notifications from DPD, which are accurate (delivered to work also) to the hour almost.

It's when I'm told they ship, first Wednesday of the month and nothing happens.......

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Fantacoffee

I'm considering a fortnightly or monthly coffee sub.

I used to have a monthly 3fe one which was nice but had to let it run out as my Gaggia Classic went on the blink. As much as I love my aeropress I feel I get better value from a sub if I'm able to try the coffee in filter absolutely but also as espresso and milk based drink.

So anyway 3fe is an option but what others are out there.

I don't want a dark roast so has to be a company who does a light roast (which I'd expect from any proper roaster at this stage tbh)

Last question is I work in town these days so is it even worth my while getting a sub. As in I can pick from the likes of 3fe and coffeeangel in town so do the subs offer something different I can't pick up in the shop?

I assume price wise if you do a sub it works out similarly to if you're buying the coffee in a shop but as I say does it offer something different?

And I am looking around myself online here too but just I'm posting this as I'm sure there has to be a few here who have a sub or experience in the area.

Thanks in advance!

Late to the conversation, but may I recommend Gustatory? https://www.gustatory.co/pages/speciality-coffee-box-subscriptions. I recommended them on another thread to someone and thought to share if you're still thinking about coffee subs. I subscribe and really cannot fault.

FYI, they are a multi roaster subscription service and I saw someone above mention Dear Green, they're included. Well, I received a few bagds from them a few months ago anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

no upfront payment on that one pity

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Don’t forget Bailies do Black Friday deals on subs.

I’ve bought their espresso and filter subs from them the last two years.

For what it’s worth I think the espresso is really good but for me their filter is fantastic. So much flavour. A lighter roast as well which is more my thing too.

I seem to be drinking way more filter than espresso these days as well so I think I’ll be dropping the espresso and getting the filter only.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Just as an FYI, Bailies supply Coffee Angel's beans too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Bailies free KeepCup sub is back

https://www.bailiescoffee.com/collections/christmas-gifts/products/microlot-coffee-subscription-free-keepcup

I'll be getting on this one again, as I smashed my keepcup that I got last year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Weepsie wrote: »
    Just as an FYI, Bailies supply Coffee Angel's beans too.

Nicks in Ranelagh have Bailies beans now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Fantacoffee

no upfront payment on that one pity

Did for me, they do 12 monthers if you go to the second line of the subscriptions. Thats what I used https://www.gustatory.co/pages/plus-87-espresso-and-filter-speciality-coffee-subscription

Also, jsut popping on there now, I see they have a black friday 30% off deal. BLACK30

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I think the 30% is just off the first month though! The parcel motel fee is putting me off tbh, otherwise it looks great!

So......let my Bailies sub. run out a few weeks ago.

Idea being that, about a 5 minute walk from where I work is a 3FE shop. Plan being to pop down and buy a couple of bags, when I want. Went on their website to see what I'd get.......didn't work out that way at all.
    Didn't have what I wanted so I just picked off the rack, a couple of bags, not on the website and roasted 10 days ago. Being in a queue I wasn't going to hold people up so just went with it.

Back to Bailies soon. It'll be guaranteed freshly roasted, cheaper and more convenient.

(Yep......10 days from roast is fine, but it'll be another week or so before I go into the second bag)

Advertisement