Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sciency or arty type activities for kids

• 10-11-2019 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    One of my sons has very little interest in traditional sports but seems to like art and planets and all that sort of stuff.

It’s not really my area of expertise but whatever kids are into I’m a strong believer that some sort of team activity helps them grow.
    What are his options is there somewhere to drop him once or twice a week to do this stuff while I have to make conversation with other parents who also have to be there :) .

I’m in Beaumont, Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bringupthebook

Do the school do after school classes? Mine go to Science once a week. Not a team effort obviously but good to mix with kids from other classes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Yeah he does a fair bit of it but I was hoping for a more continuous thing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Have you thought about CTYI in DCU?

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Have you thought about CTYI in DCU?

It says he would have to pass a criteria test to prove he is a gifted kid. Sounds a bit much to be forcing on a 7 year old. Bit up their own what’s it if you ask me. Sounds like it’s full of parents harassing their kids to be gifted. Surely they can teach physics to anybody who has the fee. What’s really going on here?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It was just a suggestion, my kids loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

BDI wrote: »
    It says he would have to pass a criteria test to prove he is a gifted kid. Sounds a bit much to be forcing on a 7 year old. Bit up their own what’s it if you ask me. Sounds like it’s full of parents harassing their kids to be gifted. Surely they can teach physics to anybody who has the fee. What’s really going on here?

You can’t “ harass a kid to be gifted .” Ctyi do great work .

You can’t “ harass a kid to be gifted .” Ctyi do great work .

Ok

Advertisement