Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carlos Ruis Zafon

Options
  • 08-02-2019 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here ever read his novels, specifically the series set in Barcelona about the Cemetery of Forgotten Books? I have, and they're very good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,984 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Only read one, The Shadow of the Wind, really enjoyed it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I've also only read teh Shadow of the Wind which I absolutely loved. I first read it in 2008 while travelling and savoured every bit of it. I re-read it last year and unfortunately did not enjoy it as much as the first time. I don't know if that's because I knew the story or I had built my expectations up to high or my tastes have changed over the intervening ten years. It's still a beautiful book and I may read it again in the future. Or one of the others from the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭chancer007

yeah,love this author,read all his stuff..
    1/2 way through the labyrinth of the spirits, excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

I've read the first three books in the series that begins with Shadows of the Wind - I wasn't mad "The Angel's Game", but really enjoyed the others. I'm waiting for the most recent one to come into the library now.

I also think his young adult books are good - "The Watcher in the Shadows" was quite creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JoZeb

Marina is another of his YA books and it is very, very good. How he captures Barcelona is brilliant. He's one of my favourite writers. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement