Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capturing Voice chat on Nintendo Switch

• 07-01-2019 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi, my son is looking to put up a few videos on youtube of him playing games with his friends.

he got an Avermedia Gl310 - Lgp-Lite for capturing the video, but the problem we are having is trying to capture his voice chat, we can get game audio but can't manage to get him speaking.

Appreciate this might be a very basic problem but any help would be much appreciated.

Do we need to buy some more gear and cables.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hi, my son is looking to put up a few videos on youtube of him playing games with his friends.

he got an Avermedia Gl310 - Lgp-Lite for capturing the video, but the problem we are having is trying to capture his voice chat, we can get game audio but can't manage to get him speaking.

Appreciate this might be a very basic problem but any help would be much appreciated.

Do we need to buy some more gear and cables.

How is he talking to them? Via the switch?

Do you know what connection the device uses? USB or 3/4 inch connection?

I could probably work out a way to do it, but I'm not familiar how voice chat works on a switch!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

He is talking to them using the switch, using an xbox headphone and mic plugged into the 3.5mm jack on top of the switch, he hears them and they hear him.
    With it plugged out the sound comes out via the tv.

At the moment I can capture video and audio but the issue is trying to capture his voice. With his headset plugged in I can only capture the video no sound.

Cabling I have a hdmi going from the switch to the Avermedia Gl310 - Lgp-Lite, and from this to the tv, I also have a usb cable running from the avermedia to a laptop. So I have video on tv and laptop.

There is a usb port in the switch not being used.
    I was wondering if I could use a usb mic and then run an audion cable from the switch to the avermedia audio in and run it from the audio out split to the tv and laptop. haven't tried that as I don't have a usb mic.

Feel very old, like my dad when he was working out the remote control.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

He is talking to them using the switch, using an xbox headphone and mic plugged into the 3.5mm jack on top of the switch, he hears them and they hear him.
    With it plugged out the sound comes out via the tv.

At the moment I can capture video and audio but the issue is trying to capture his voice. With his headset plugged in I can only capture the video no sound.

Cabling I have a hdmi going from the switch to the Avermedia Gl310 - Lgp-Lite, and from this to the tv, I also have a usb cable running from the avermedia to a laptop. So I have video on tv and laptop.

There is a usb port in the switch not being used.
    I was wondering if I could use a usb mic and then run an audion cable from the switch to the avermedia audio in and run it from the audio out split to the tv and laptop. haven't tried that as I don't have a usb mic.

Feel very old, like my dad when he was working out the remote control.

I'm thinking the way to do it would be to get a splitter for the 3.5 mm jack, and put a second one into the computer's mic jack, and record it that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Advertisement