Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

incapacitated child tax credit

Options
  • 13-08-2018 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I have filled this out and think I did it wrong. I filled out the GP one - basic info and left it for him to sign - first and then read the parent one. As regards the question" is the condition ameliorated by therapy etc", I first said "no" as assumed it meant "is there a cure" but after googling ameliorating, thought that actually his condition is improved by therapy etc and ticked "yes".

Then I read the parent one and it says that the condition must be such as though any therapy etc will not enable the child to live independently after 18. So then, did I tick the wrong one? It's not right to say that therapy etc does not improve things for my son yet I can't say that any therapy he's getting now is going to make him able to live independently!!! :confused:

Help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

Sounds like you filled it out correctly. It doesn't say 'will therapy allow the child to live independently'. I think that question is in there to give you the willies TBH. They really don't seem to like giving out that credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Next question on the parent one - is another maintaining child? We are a married couple. I am claiming so yes but then it asks how much is contributed by each of us!! ????

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

You can just add this through revenue online, at least that was the case when I applied for it. Has this changed? I know they may ask for evidence but we have not been asked yet. It also gets backdated to birth for ASD

You can just add this through revenue online, at least that was the case when I applied for it. Has this changed? I know they may ask for evidence but we have not been asked yet. It also gets backdated to birth for ASD

I did that but was asked to send in forms. I didn't know about birth and said no to that as it asked date of diagnosis. Ugh should have sussed beforehand.

Did you not have to get your child's GP to fill out a form?

• Advertisement

Plopsu wrote: »
    Did you not have to get your child's GP to fill out a form?
    Nope, I applied for it like 3 years ago now

Nope, I applied for it like 3 years ago now

F£$%$%$£ government. I had to get our GP to fill out forms when I applied for it about eight years ago. When my ex and I split at the start of the year, they made me reapply and I had to get the GP to fill out the forms again. It's like there's two entirely different systems in this country and I keep getting the sh*tty one.

Plopsu wrote: »
    F£$%$%$£ government. I had to get our GP to fill out forms when I applied for it about eight years ago. When my ex and I split at the start of the year, they made me reapply and I had to get the GP to fill out the forms again. It's like there's two entirely different systems in this country and I keep getting the sh*tty one.
    They don't seem to have any kind of rigid rules, some friends had to fill out the form and others didn't. I had my GP fill it out at the time as I was sure I'd be asked for it but they never did.

Maybe they randomly select people to show evidence, me being one, which I ;ve no problem with. Yet it bugs me that the GP charged E10 for filling out the form!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

(Mod:
    Reposting on behalf of an anon poster -reminder, please don't use your real name or full email as a username on boards for your own safety: )

We got the tax but are fighting to get it backdated due to diagnosis date on doctors form but from birth was ticked. Have got letter from Psychologist saying illness from birth so waiting at mo. Have phoned twice and been told they will pass it to officer in district to adjust , they said they would mark it priority. Do the people on the phone at revenue have any final say or do they just tell you what you want to hear

• Advertisement

Neyite wrote: »
    (Mod:
    Reposting on behalf of an anon poster -reminder, please don't use your real name or full email as a username on boards for your own safety: )

We got the tax but are fighting to get it backdated due to diagnosis date on doctors form but from birth was ticked. Have got letter from Psychologist saying illness from birth so waiting at mo. Have phoned twice and been told they will pass it to officer in district to adjust , they said they would mark it priority. Do the people on the phone at revenue have any final say or do they just tell you what you want to hear

We've only recently applied but it seems daft to not backdayr as your born with it, you don't just develop it!

Neyite wrote: »
    (Mod:

Unless something is completely black and white and working in favour of them claiming extra money from you, you will never get the same answer when you call revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jonathan222

Hello all, looking for help with a question on the ICC 1 form. Section B, question 2 asks "the yearly amount that is paid by you".
    Does this relate to how much you pay for health insurance for the child and/or other expenses outside health insurance? I can't find a definition on the revenue site.

Thanks.

Left it blank. Hadn't a clue what they were on about...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Hello all, looking for help with a question on the ICC 1 form. Section B, question 2 asks "the yearly amount that is paid by you".
    Does this relate to how much you pay for health insurance for the child and/or other expenses outside health insurance? I can't find a definition on the revenue site.

Thanks.

I took our takehome income, calculated food, utilities, clothing as well as therapies & GP/Consultants visits, fuel estimates and put down a figure.
    They seemed happy with that, focus on the actual cost of raising the child.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I just rang revenue and was automatically allocated the tax credit for my son ,I didn't have to fill out any forms, that was last year.
    Didn't get any money back dated though.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jonathan222

ZX7R wrote: »
    I just rang revenue and was automatically allocated the tax credit for my son ,I didn't have to fill out any forms, that was last year.
    Didn't get any money back dated though.

Any reason why. I thought backdating was normal enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Any reason why. I thought backdating was normal enough

I don't know I will give them a ring, and look into it I wasn't aware of it being back dated at the time

Advertisement