Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Renovation Incentive

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

The HRI scheme has been extended for a further TWO years to end 2018

#Budget2017.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

martinn123 wrote: »
    The HRI scheme has been extended for a further TWO years to end 2018

#Budget2017.

I have a question if anyone can answer would be very grateful

I bought a house in the summer for my family and I

I am putting in a new kitchen, all in 10k for fitting, appliances, plumbing etc

I am also getting the whole house interior and exterior, 3.5 - 4K for that with some 3D wallpapering done in babies room

New tiles in kitchen and bathroom, about 1k for that inc labour.

Getting a dual heating system with smart control ( solid fuel and oil heating) inc stove, plumbing and smart device for control its about 3.5k

Also getting cavity wall insulation, part of attic floored and stira put in, 1.2k for that, got the grant with SEAI for that, house was built in 2006 so just qualified.

My question is what do I qualify for in the home improvment scheme?

Do I claim back for

kitchen 10k
    Paint 4k
    Stove 3.5k
    Tiles 1k

?

Say I put in for 18.5k how much will I get back?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Kitchen will need to drop in price. Can't claim for white goods as far as I know.

The trades will have to initiate the claim and you log in to confirm so you'll have to make sure they are registered to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Citroen2cv

Hi,
    I had new windows put into my house by a registered contractor, total cost was near 6.5k, this was in June '16.
    The contractor entered the Job on HRI online, and I claimed for the HRI grant on the HRI section of the revenue website back in Jan '17. Does anyone know when I should receive this payment, or should I already have received it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Citroen2cv wrote: »
    Hi,
    I had new windows put into my house by a registered contractor, total cost was near 6.5k, this was in June '16.
    The contractor entered the Job on HRI online, and I claimed for the HRI grant on the HRI section of the revenue website back in Jan '17. Does anyone know when I should receive this payment, or should I already have received it?

You don't get any payment. It's a tax credit...you just pay less tax over 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Johnnyq79

Looking to extend and renovate a house next year. Budgeting maybe €100k. My question is what's the best way to get the most from the scheme. I know there is a cap on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭irishbuzz

If you get a kitchen from 'up north' is it still possible to claim against this as part of the HRI scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭yannakis

Johnnyq79 wrote: »
    Looking to extend and renovate a house next year. Budgeting maybe €100k. My question is what's the best way to get the most from the scheme. I know there is a cap on it?

Could possibly more than one person in the family make claims?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭irishbuzz

yannakis wrote: »
    Could possibly more than one person in the family make claims?

The claim is made based on a property tax id. Only one claim per property.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

....... wrote: »

I'm in a similar position. The contractor had to be pestered for a vat invoice and now he claims he isn't qualified for the HRI scheme. He's VAT registered but I've a feeling he's not going to play ball at all. Is there any come back if you've a contractor that won't engage with the process? Clearly the VAT on my bill is in his back pocket

....... wrote: »

I suspected as much. More lazy regulation. I'm only down a few hundred but it would bother me less if I thought the VAT had been paid to Revenue on my job

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭corcadorcha

Anyone classroom the HRI credits AND the energy grants? Can you get both? We are doing big renovating with external insulation and new heating system etc.. Putting in underfloor, etc, new kitchen, full job costing more than 150000. We can claim back the energy grants of 5-6,000 euro .
    My question is, can we also claim credits for the other work?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Chocolate Chip

I'm in a similar position. The contractor had to be pestered for a vat invoice and now he claims he isn't qualified for the HRI scheme. He's VAT registered but I've a feeling he's not going to play ball at all. Is there any come back if you've a contractor that won't engage with the process? Clearly the VAT on my bill is in his back pocket

I am in a similar situation. The man who installed the kitchen is refusing to enter the details online, so unless he changes his mind then I get nothing at all, even though I have over €4000 worth of other work done, and the other contractors had no bother at all entering the details online.

He says its worth nothing to him. Is there anything at all I can do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Quick question here

I had two jobs done and payments entered in HRI.

Job 1: 2015 - €2000

Job 2: consisted of one work but two payments
    2017 - €10000
    2018 - €4000

The claims for 2015 and 2017 payments are available.
    Should I claim now or wait for the 2018 payment to be available and claim as one?

My worry is the balance €4000 is below threshold and wont be claimable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

is a builder legally obliged to enter into the HRi scheme?

is a builder legally obliged to enter into the HRi scheme?

Unfortunately not. Your best bet is to make sure the builder is completing the HRI piece from before the work starts. They can begin the process based on the quote they give you.
    My problem was trying to get the builder to complete the HRI piece when the work was finished. Sure, why would he? The money was in his back pocket as well as the VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I just got granted planning and i read online that it finishes on new years eve(the HRI scheme) but if you required planning it goes up to the end of March, can you verify i am right in thinking this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

Is HRI still going? Just checked the revenue website and says it was stopped in 2018.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

ebayissues wrote: »
    Is HRI still going? Just checked the revenue website and says it was stopped in 2018.

As Revenue website says.

Advertisement