Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my dad passed away

• 02-07-2017 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

And it was really hard. I was unsure if I should be there. My girlfriend said it was my choice but she would be there with me. It meant so much. So we had a sing-song for him. We sang, we read poetry, we showed our love. It was a special night for a man we still miss and will always miss

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

And it was really hard. I was unsure if I should be there. My girlfriend said it was my choice but she would be there with me. It meant so much. So we had a sing-song for him. We sang, we read poetry, we showed our love. It was a special night for a man we still miss and will always miss

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

My condolences in your sad loss. Take comfort in that you did all you could.
    I hope in time your memories will bring you solace.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

Lisha wrote: »
    My condolences in your sad loss. Take comfort in that you did all you could.
    I hope in time your memories will bring you solace.

We gave him a fine sendoff. We loved him much. He was not alone when he left us. I will always miss him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Sincere condolences......looks like you said farewell in a lovely way

368100 wrote: »
    Sincere condolences......looks like you said farewell in a lovely way
    It was a hard night. There was just love and loss. Like everybody. It is never easy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

What age was he? All the family there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

It was a hard night. There was just love and loss. Like everybody. It is never easy

Nope never easy....went through same with my mam

What age was he? All the family there?

Everybody was there. My niece came in from Australia and was there. Every one of the family from all ends of the earth. We sang and he passed away as I read him some poetry. Broke my heart

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

We gave him a fine sendoff. We loved him much. He was not alone when he left us. I will always miss him

As heartbreaking as it is to lose someone so dear, it truly is precious that you can say 'we gave him a fine send off'

Look after yourself in the coming few days and weeks ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Sorry for your loss. It is good that he had you all with him. My dad passed recently and I also sang and played music. Even though he was almost gone early in the day he managed to hold on til other family members arrived that evening. It's so strange to watch someone just cease to be. I hope your dad had a peaceful passing. Mind yourself.

• Advertisement

Ghekko wrote: »
    Sorry for your loss. It is good that he had you all with him. My dad passed recently and I also sang and played music. Even though he was almost gone early in the day he managed to hold on til other family members arrived that evening. It's so strange to watch someone just cease to be. I hope your dad had a peaceful passing. Mind yourself.

He had a peaceful passing. He was much loved. But as you say life holds on until it is time to let go. I truly believe that my dad was there all the time, he just decided when to let go. I am convinced he let go because he knew we were all ok. I believe it is natural that a person will wait to say goodbye to their loved ones. I am absolutely convinced that the person chooses the time to say goodbye. And I believe they wait until everything registers ok with them and then they allow themselves to pass on.

Advertisement