Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Xpro

Mech1 wrote: »
    This is the new feed list:

124.650 Dublin Departures Control
    121.100 Approach
    118.600 Tower
    119.550 Dublin Approach (backup)
    129.175 Dublin Centre North
    126.250 Dublin Centre South
    118.500 Dublin FIS
    121.800 Ground

I think this list is sufficient for me. Not intrested in ops as much as its not really a proper ATC talk.

Regards to weston, most of their traffic can be heard on 118.5 Dublin FIS, which is a goodfrequency too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Put me in for ops...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭Mech1

Got a call today saying that the D-777 Antenna has arrived. I'm not home yet but will stick up a few pics of it later.
    Pat.

Well im home, and here it is, hope it works half as good as it looks:D

IMG_0531.jpg.html

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

Installing tomorrow evening if I can get another pl259 suitable for Rg213, they only sent one I asked for 2.

• Advertisement

Final result its 6-4: For keeping the Op's freq.
    Its a new feed so lets let it settle for a few weeks then I will ask again.

Yes Keep it:
    Shamrock231
    Razor44
    B757
    Andy g
    Nimrod 7
    Treadhead

No Lose it:
    Crosstownk
    Martinsvi
    Lord Lucan
    Xpro

sorry Crosstownk havent had a chance to think about it will pm you soon

I so wanna get the ladder out:mad:

I See a new feed is up!!! Well done!!!!
    Who's running it? it gotta be one of us. gotta be "dublinflyer"
    Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Shamrock231

So does this mean that Ops is now going to be seperated from Ground/Tower/Approach and Delivery?

To think that a few weeks ago we had no feed and now we've two, fair play to all involved, it's appreciated.

• Advertisement

So does this mean that Ops is now going to be seperated from Ground/Tower/Approach and Delivery?

To think that a few weeks ago we had no feed and now we've two, fair play to all involved, it's appreciated.

We gotta find the feed supplier first, maybe then we can work out a system.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

Yes it is me but the reception is not as good as I hoped. I have made a new antenna tuned to 120Mhz and will be putting it up this weekend and replacing the coax while I am at it. The antenna I have has been up there for a good few years at this point and the weather has taken it's toll on the setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

Can I also say to all to please be careful if you are going up on the roof of your house. It's higher than you think and safety should always come first. Take your time up there, make sure you have the right ladder for a roof and don't take chances. As much as everyone is thankful for the feed I think everyone will agree that it's not worth an injury or worse. I am lucky in that where I have my antenna it's kind of safe as I am standing on a flat surface but still have a harness as it's a height.

Health and Safety rant over....carry on :D

Feed going down for a bit, new antenna going up.

Well?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

Well?

Wow so much clearer! Thanks :D

Very clear. Thank you once again...

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

What does the woman on ground control(?) mean by"hold the bean"?!!
    And what do the pilots mean by "requesting..... And information echo"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

What does the woman on ground control(?) mean by"hold the bean"?!!
    And what do the pilots mean by "requesting..... And information echo"?

It's hold ABEAM it means taxi along a certain route and stop when X Y or Z is to your left or right

Requesting means ASKING

Information Echo is the ATIS designator or Automatic Terminal Information Service which is a recorded transmission containing that sounds like this. "This is Dublin information echo recorded at 1800z wind 270/5kts runway in use 28 ILS approach, present weather visibility 10km or more cloud few 900ft broken 3200ft temperature dew point QNH etc etc etc and any other pertinent information for the pilot" it's about 90secs long and is recorded every hour normally or half hour if the weather is unsettled or more often if the pressure changes or visibility changes or runway changes etc. pilots usually listen when the passengers are loading or before they start descending to land.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Very clear transmissions....... thanks a million :)

• Advertisement

Dingle berry, let me know when your listening and I will feed 30 sec or so of the current ATIS so you understand a bit better.
    Pat.

The pilot operating the radio on that Pro-Jet (?) flight has the WEIRDEST voice!!! :eek::confused::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

op's gone,
    clearance gone,

This is the new feed list:

124.650 Dublin Departures Control
    121.100 Approach
    118.600 Tower
    119.550 Dublin Approach (backup)
    129.175 Dublin Centre North
    126.250 Dublin Centre South
    118.500 Dublin FIS
    121.800 Ground

Lads, this sounds like a daft question, but are all of these frequencies included in the feed or do I need to tune into them :o

Also, what is the "Ops feed" and what do they talk about? Once I know I will vote :p

keith16 wrote: »
    Lads, this sounds like a daft question, but are all of these frequencies included in the feed or do I need to tune into them :o

Also, what is the "Ops feed" and what do they talk about? Once I know I will vote :p

They're included, you just listen.

Ops is the frequency pilots use to communicate with the operations center, ie for mechanical issues, or any info they may need such as the stand number before they land.

They're included, you just listen.

Ops is the frequency pilots use to communicate with the operations center, ie for mechanical issues, or any info they may need such as the stand number before they land.

I remember Mech1 had the feed for the high winds there in April. I remember one EI (after failing to land) cursing a bit and then telling someone to book a hotel for him and first officer.

Came back on two seconds later saying "oh and the rest of the crew aswell" :pac:

What frequency would that have been on? It was very entertaining!

I know what your all thinking!!!

I bet she's Gorgeous.:D

I remember Mech1 had the feed for the high winds there in April. I remember one EI (after failing to land) cursing a bit and then telling someone to book a hotel for him and first officer.

Came back on two seconds later saying "oh and the rest of the crew aswell" :pac:

What frequency would that have been on? It was very entertaining!

That'd be Aer Lingus Ops Frequency.

That'd be Aer Lingus Ops Frequency.

Keep that bad boy so! Just listening now, clear as day reception. Great stuff...

What's FYR's callsign? Sorry for all the questions.

She does sound gorgeous :eek:

What's FYR's callsign? Sorry for all the questions.

You mean FR? That'd just be "Ryanair"... :D:P

• Advertisement

There's absolutely no way you would be able to bluff your way into an ATC job. I'd be all like "....errr you've got clearance Clarence, what's your Vector Victor"

Advertisement