Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Quorn products

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

What tesco monica?
    kthnxbai wrote: »
    wait... fish-less fish fingers? so what do they even taste fishy??

I usually stick to the chicken type things and just flavor them myself... I occassionally have the hamburgers if I'm at a bbq or something, but as a general rule I've found quorn to be pretty bland. Which I don't mind cause I generally have some sauce/seasoning on my food...

Just curious to what their fish things even taste like... cause fish is pretty distinctive for the most part....

Anyone ever have the birdseye veggie fingers?? they are just plain hateful and vile... how can you make veggies and breadcrumbs taste so bad???

veggie fake fish fishfingers taste the same as real ones, if not better. I loved them, had em years ago, cat couldnt tell the difference anyway :P
    These weren't quorn brand, would love to try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭monicafussy

It was Tesco in Kilbarrack shopping center

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thanks very much, on the look out myself, not seen them in finglas or in phibsboro or parnell so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

Thanks very much, on the look out myself, not seen them in finglas or in phibsboro or parnell so far!

+1
    No news about it in the official website either :confused:

EDIT: Plenty of them in Tesco Stoneybatter

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

Tesco Sligo have both the fish-less fingers and the tuna cake things in stock! Couldn't believe it when I saw them, we never get anything good! (Although they don't seem to stock any of the Cauldron tofu or falafels anymore, what the hell Tesco?) Back in my pre-veggie days I was way more of a fish eater than a meat eater so looking forward to trying them out:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

got the fishless fingers and fishless tuna cake thing in tesco in artane, havnt tried them yet. im actually afraid to try the tuna thing. i never liked fish, dont think i ever tried tuna, looks manky :/

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭monicafussy

Finally tried the fishless fingers, Altho it has been over 20 years since I have had fish, There was a slight Fish odour off these and bcos of this I found it hard to eat them , its like the Quorn southern burgers they were just too authentic tasting for me. So I will not be trying the Tuna style bakes.

JMO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Tesco Phibsboro was quorn heaven today, never seen so much quorn stuff anywhere before, got the new fish fingees, tuna cakes and steak pieces to try, the steak pieces were much like the chicken except a bit smokey but yum! :)

I am going to have one of the fishfingers now, yesss

Well they were delicious

• Advertisement

what about now

and now -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

tried them last night, with peas (i didnt know what went with fish fingers!!)

yummmy, it was actually like memories all flooded back to me, havnt had them since i was a kid.

only thing is the repeated on me :/ 2hours later you do not want to taste fishless fingers! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Tesco Sligo have both the fish-less fingers and the tuna cake things in stock! Couldn't believe it when I saw them, we never get anything good! (Although they don't seem to stock any of the Cauldron tofu or falafels anymore, what the hell Tesco?) Back in my pre-veggie days I was way more of a fish eater than a meat eater so looking forward to trying them out:D

Wow, Tesco Sligo of all places! I'm going home for a few days in a couple of weeks so I texted Dad to pick some up :D

--LOS-- wrote: »
    what about now

and now -_-
    no tictacs for you

I just bought another packet, the next day. And more steak pieces :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

We got the fish fingers too but haven't been brave enough to try them yet, couldn't brave buying the tuna patties yet! Had the steak strips for the first time, they're yum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

anyone seen the fishless fingers further southside in tescos? they haven't had them in ballybrack, just dreaming of a home-made fillet-o-fish!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭kthnxbai

Linguo wrote: »
    We got the fish fingers too but haven't been brave enough to try them yet, couldn't brave buying the tuna patties yet! Had the steak strips for the first time, they're yum

I haven't tried the tuna/sweetcorn things... I dunno don't look all too appetising.. However, I have had the fish fingers and I thought they were good... I was kinda wary of them maybe tasting too fishy... but they were fine...

Quite bland like most quorn stuff... but they might be good with some sauce or something...

I've actually found having a brown bread fish finger sandwich really good...

I'd definitely recommend anyone to at least try them like...

Iceland in town seem to stock a few quorn products including 'southern strips' which I haven't seen before :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Wow, never had any quorn products before, but home staying with the family at the moment and they thoughtfully got in a heap of it for me - and actually have used it while cooking food for everyone...

I loved it, but even better, so did the family. My mam and sister, well that doesn't shock me too much, but while I can't picture my dad or bro ever giving up their meat meat, the quorn mince has now officially replaced the family favourite meal of mammy's spaghetti bolognese, and my sister is using the chicken, sausage and fish in her lunch and often dinner cooking too. I'm impressed.

Wow, never had any quorn products before, but home staying with the family at the moment and they thoughtfully got in a heap of it for me - and actually have used it while cooking food for everyone...

I loved it, but even better, so did the family. My mam and sister, well that doesn't shock me too much, but while I can't picture my dad or bro ever giving up their meat meat, the quorn mince has now officially replaced the family favourite meal of mammy's spaghetti bolognese, and my sister is using the chicken, sausage and fish in her lunch and often dinner cooking too. I'm impressed.

welcome to quorn heaven :eek:

great now I want spaghetti bolognese this instant, damn subliminal advertising :/

• Advertisement

Ha, yeah, I'm gonna miss it when I go back home. At least I'll know it's there for the occasional treat, but I'm stoked my dad's enjoyed it so much, it'll work out as a much, much healthier option for him, which is a very good thing :)

Come for veggie foods next Thursday? I can bring you some of mam's spaghetti bolognese in a wee take-away container if you like :D

hmm I might try get my own family on it, they've never had it and are always wondering what the hell I eat :P

If food is a guise for drink yes yes, needless bribes froo :pac: You can bring some for Tar and convince him that pasta is awesome!

Usually use rice instead of spaghetti since deciding it tasted nicer with the sauce, but feck it, I'll bring in some for everyone and I'm sure *someone* somewhere will have a portable microwave... or something.

And sweet... see ya on Thursday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Looking Glass

I'm definitely going to look into those fish fingers. Was never really a fan of them when I was younger, but any port in a storm and all that!

And I'm not quite sure if this is the place to ask this - since this seems to be a general Quorn thread, apologies if I messed up - but it seems like the rashers have been pulled from the Cork town branch of Tesco's. Has anyone else seen them recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Tried the fish fingers last night. They're a bit salty, but tasted somewhat like I remember fish fingers to be like. I'd definitely buy them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

just wondering are linda McC sunndried tomato sausages still availabe, have not seen them in years
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I think they may have gone when Heinz bought the brand and all of the recipes were changed a bit. I certainly haven't seen them in ages either.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

I tried the tuna and sweetcorn pies last week and they were yum! I peeled off the breadcrumbs before cooking and then mushed it up and picked out all the sweetcorn, put in loads of mayo and had it in a sandwhich!

HEAVEN!!!! I new I missed tuna loads but couldn't remember what it actually tasted like and I actually could have cried! So good!

Tried the steak strips last week aswel but was fairly disappointed that you cant fry them 'cause I was really looking forward to a stirfry. But yeah it does taste nearly the same as the chicken but bigger and slightly tougher. Yummy!

Advertisement