Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-10-2020, 19:34   #31
deiseindublin

I got my SIM in post today but I'm getting a message to say SIM NOT PROVISIONED message. Does that mean it's in the process or porting or what?

Not sure if I'm to wait for it to kick in on phone, or if I've to go onto Vodafone website to top up.
Advertisement
13-10-2020, 19:42   #32
DopeTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by deiseindublin View Post
I got my SIM in post today but I'm getting a message to say SIM NOT PROVISIONED message. Does that mean it's in the process or porting or what?

Not sure if I'm to wait for it to kick in on phone, or if I've to go onto Vodafone website to top up.
Provided they have not f'd up then it should port over in the morning. Then you can top up.
Thanks from:
13-10-2020, 19:50   #33
deiseindublin

Ah, great, thanks. Presumed it wasn't supposed to be like that.
14-10-2020, 05:45   #34
Roberto_gas

I was on call for 30 mins with them before i cut the call..bunch of jokers clueless about what to do with port and sim not activated !!
14-10-2020, 11:40   #35
epopnomis

Gave this a shot, request to port this morning, will see how it goes, they better not run out of stock or I'll be pi$$ed.
Advertisement
14-10-2020, 11:49   #36
CFC007

Back onto tech support and now their saying I need to go into a VF shop to activate the SIM card. Too much hassle
14-10-2020, 11:57   #37
DopeTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFC007 View Post
Back onto tech support and now their saying I need to go into a VF shop to activate the SIM card. Too much hassle
I contacted them on live chat, gave them the order number and sim number and they activated it there and then. Just needed to reboot the phone. I have to wait until tomorrow before my Vodafone will recognize my number though so she mentioned she added free minutes and data. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly from here on in.
14-10-2020, 18:00   #38
pandaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto_gas View Post
I was on call for 30 mins with them before i cut the call..bunch of jokers clueless about what to do with port and sim not activated !!
Faced the same. They will sell 10000 connections and give 100 buds away.

For rest - STOCK WAS OVER. Did you NOT read the clause.
14-10-2020, 19:30   #39
Basil3

They are some shower.

Contacted via live chat about the SIM not activated. First they asked me for the 19 digit number on the SIM. I gave it to them, they said it was wrong. I gave it again, and they said it was right this time. I told them it was the exact same number both times. Their response? Oh yeah, my bad.

Next, they told me I just needed to top up online and it would work. They waited while I topped up, then after this they said to wait 2 minutes and reboot, then it would work. Half an hour later, it's still not working.
Advertisement
14-10-2020, 20:08   #40
Dazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeTech View Post
It does look to be a good offer but they are the 1st gen not the buds+ or buds live versions. Just keep that in mind. You can get these elsewhere for about €60-€70 so while it is a saving it's not as big as they are making out.
I have the buds and buds+. I think the original buds are as good if not better.
(2) thanks from:
14-10-2020, 20:34   #41
deiseindublin

Quote:
We're sorry, but we're unable to complete your request.
You can't register at the moment because you are not a Vodafone customer. Switching to Vodafone is easy.
Any idea why I'd be getting this message? Tried both logging in and/or registering and am getting this:
Quote:
You can't register at the moment because you are not a Vodafone customer. Switching to Vodafone is easy. Find out how to switch. This has been logged as error (SRV-REG-02) - which tells us more about the problem.
SIM NOT PROVISIONED message from last night gone and now it's showing as having a Vodafone signal. Didn't top up yet but was able to make a short call, just to connect and check out it working ok.
15-10-2020, 08:56   #42
Roberto_gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by deiseindublin View Post
Any idea why I'd be getting this message? Tried both logging in and/or registering and am getting this:

SIM NOT PROVISIONED message from last night gone and now it's showing as having a Vodafone signal. Didn't top up yet but was able to make a short call, just to connect and check out it working ok.
great i will go over to chat now
15-10-2020, 09:09   #43
Basil3

My problem is that the SIM they sent me was DOA. It has never worked, and I've been told the only solution is to go into a Vodafone store.
15-10-2020, 09:39   #44
DopeTech

Mines turned in to a bit of a fiasco. One sim ported but I can't register it. The other port is failing. Lucky we didn't need to top up initially I guess. Might have to abandon it
15-10-2020, 09:42   #45
pandaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeTech View Post
Mines turned in to a bit of a fiasco. One sim ported but I can't register it. The other port is failing. Lucky we didn't need to top up initially I guess. Might have to abandon it
I did a top up and lost 20e. No one knows what happened to it.

Wasted 1 hour yesterday.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion