Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-10-2020, 16:16   #16
jhammer

Ordered a sim from 48. Hopefully it will be seamless as above. Thanks OP.
For the record i have a pair of these already and love them.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-10-2020, 16:38   #17
cfeeneyinterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by daheff View Post
ageist T&Cs. !!!
These are the T&Cs - https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/offers.html
These terms and conditions apply to the promotional offer pursuant to which students can receive a set of free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds (worth €139 RRP) if they (i) switch to Vodafone X from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile), using our online channel, without the purchase of a handset, and (ii) top up by €20 or more in one go (the “Offer”). These terms will apply in addition to the General Terms and Conditions under which you enjoy access to Vodafone's Mobile Telecommunications Services (found here: https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/pay-as-you-go.html) and any applicable service specific terms. These terms form part of your agreement with us. The terms are as follows:

- This Offer is available to Eligible Customers only. Eligibility is determined in accordance with the terms and conditions.

- Eligible Customers means new student customers who port to Vodafone X from another network provider (excluding Lyca Mobile) using our online channel. This Offer excludes Vodafone customers moving from any other Vodafone plan to Vodafone X. This Offer excludes customers moving from any other network to Vodafone X who also purchase a handset.

- To avail of this Offer, Eligible Customers must; (i) successfully port to Vodafone X from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile), using our online channel, between the dates of 28th September 2020 to 30th October 2020 inclusive, (ii) top up by at least €20 or more within 14 days of the request to port, and (iii) have used their phone in one of the following ways: make an outgoing phone call, send a text message or avail of data services within 14 days of the request to port.

- Eligible Customers who satisfy the Offer conditions will receive a unique code via SMS within 14 days of satisfying the above criteria, along with instructions on how to redeem their free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds on the online Vodafone accessories portal (https://www.vodafonefaf.ie/collectio...2019-sep-2020). The code will remain valid for 7 days at which point it will expire.

- Customers who believe they satisfy the Offer conditions but who have not received a code via SMS must contact Vodafone customer care by 30th November 2020 to investigate or they will be deemed to have forfeited any and all entitlements pursuant to this Offer. Vodafone’s determination in respect thereof shall be final.

- Strictly one Offer per customer/account/household/IP address.

- Once the order process is complete, the free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds will be delivered to the customer’s provided address on the Vodafone accessories portal within 5 working days.

- This Offer cannot be claimed in conjunction with any other Vodafone offer, including but not limited to the Vodafone X Refer a Friend programme. For the avoidance of doubt, customers who join Vodafone X as referees through the Refer a Friend programme are not eligible to receive free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds pursuant to this Offer but this does not exclude students who avail of this Offer from subsequently partaking in the Vodafone X Refer a Friend programme as referrers.

- The Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds cannot be exchanged for cash.

- This Offer is strictly subject to availability and while stocks last.

- By deciding to avail of the Offer, you agree that we will provide you with service before the expiry of your 14 day cancellation period and you acknowledge that you may be liable for any service charges incurred during the cancellation period even if you cancel the contract.

- Vodafone Ireland reserves the right to amend or terminate this Offer at any time without prior notice.

- Vodafone reserves the right to withdraw the Offer at any time and/or to vary or amend any element of the Offer at any time without further notice.

- Vodafone further reserves the right to vary or amend these terms and conditions for valid commercial, technical or operational reasons.
12-10-2020, 16:46   #18
Luap

Do they actually ask for I.D when joining?
12-10-2020, 16:51   #19
rizzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luap View Post
Do they actually ask for I.D when joining?
No.
Thanks from:
12-10-2020, 17:37   #20
DUBLIN_person

Anyone know whether this can be done in store?
Advertisement
12-10-2020, 17:38   #21
DopeTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBLIN_person View Post
Anyone know whether this can be done in store?
The link says online exclusive
12-10-2020, 17:56   #22
pandaa

Problem is till stock last. I never got google mini promised with broadband. I was told stock was over.

Get 1000+ customers to port with stock of 100 only. Smart business deal.
Thanks from:
13-10-2020, 12:35   #23
DopeTech

Did anyone get a confirmation email after order a sim from them for this offer? I ordered 2 on Friday but didn't receive anything.
13-10-2020, 13:26   #24
duffmagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeTech View Post
Did anyone get a confirmation email after order a sim from them for this offer? I ordered 2 on Friday but didn't receive anything.
I recently ordered a handset (with a port) and never got a confirmation email for that. Terrible system but the handset did arrive.
Advertisement
13-10-2020, 13:32   #25
Roberto_gas

Got my SIM today....but its not activated so cannot top up ! Chasing them on phone now
13-10-2020, 13:51   #26
DopeTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto_gas View Post
Got my SIM today....but its not activated so cannot top up ! Chasing them on phone now
Usually takes a few hours I think.
13-10-2020, 13:54   #27
Roberto_gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeTech View Post
Usually takes a few hours I think.
Ok so i just put in phone and wait ?
13-10-2020, 13:55   #28
DopeTech

Quote:
If you are using the number waiting to be ported then continue to use it in the phone until the signal drops. It definitely took a few hours when I switched to the data user plan they had a few years back.

When did you order your sim?
13-10-2020, 15:16   #29
DopeTech

Quote:
If you check the tracking on the envelope the sim arrived in you can see if the post man marked it as delivered yet. Some do it at the time, some do it at the end of the day. The thing is Vodafone won't begin the port until it's marked as delivered.
13-10-2020, 19:05   #30
CFC007

Got my sim today called up to start the porting process, was told on the phone that they sent out the wrong sim. Great start! Won’t be staying more than 28 days anyways as going to 48 next.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion