Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-10-2020, 22:39   #1426
Caranica

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocksy View Post
Recieved a small package today and it was delivered by DPD, so Amazon have obviously added another delivery company to their books in Ireland for the moment.
I got my laptop via DPD last week. Some An Post and some Amazon. The most hilarious is that they're sending a £1.99 advent calendar via Amazon logistics. Surely cheaper to post
Advertisement
17-10-2020, 22:43   #1427
The Continental Op

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caranica View Post
I got my laptop via DPD last week. Some An Post and some Amazon. The most hilarious is that they're sending a £1.99 advent calendar via Amazon logistics. Surely cheaper to post
They can work an Amazon logistics courier to death, Postmen have a union.
(5) thanks from:
18-10-2020, 02:07   #1428
SourSessions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basq
Looks like you can share your benefits with your partner (or kids) at no additional cost.
Only thing to note is, prime video can't be shared in ROI so if you watch on different devices it can be a bit of a PITA especially when signing into any Amazon app on a phone usually signs you into all Amazon apps, ie, if you sign into prime video it usually signs you into that account on the shopping app, kindle app etc
18-10-2020, 05:37   #1429
Roberto_gas

My firetv stick got delivered to parcel wizard yesterday bit no confirmation email from parcel wizard..they gen have it in their network by afternoon..i am assuming they are overloaded with orders !
18-10-2020, 08:36   #1430
gerard2210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto_gas View Post
My firetv stick got delivered to parcel wizard yesterday bit no confirmation email from parcel wizard..they gen have it in their network by afternoon..i am assuming they are overloaded with orders !
Probably overloaded plus I don't think they scan items in over the weekend, won't get scanned until Monday.
Advertisement
18-10-2020, 09:21   #1431
OmegaGene

Quote:
Royal Mail deliver in sacks in cages to parcel wizard and parcel motel and they then get sorted either later that day or next working day
Monday afternoon would be my guess for a message from them
18-10-2020, 09:38   #1432
Kowerski
Banned

Quote:
So was mine, I expect truck 1 is just fire stick s
18-10-2020, 09:49   #1433
lemmno

I’ve been using parcel motel mostly for Amazon. My last few orders I’ve noticed once I click away from that default address to my usual ROI address the shipping isn’t affected at all. Just in case anyone else assumes it’s always cheaper, it hasn’t been for me in a while. Half of my prime buys arrived on Friday with an post, the rest have been despatched so I’ll see them on Tuesday. No delays at all, successful enough this year!
18-10-2020, 09:53   #1434
OmegaGene

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmno View Post
I’ve been using parcel motel mostly for Amazon. My last few orders I’ve noticed once I click away from that default address to my usual ROI address the shipping isn’t affected at all. Just in case anyone else assumes it’s always cheaper, it hasn’t been for me in a while. Half of my prime buys arrived on Friday with an post, the rest have been despatched so I’ll see them on Tuesday. No delays at all, successful enough this year!
Always worth checking for sure, my last order was 150 more going to Ireland with the kids fire 8 not shipping here at all
Advertisement
18-10-2020, 11:38   #1435
stockshares

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmno View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaGene View Post
Always worth checking for sure, my last order was 150 more going to Ireland with the kids fire 8 not shipping here at all
As long as you have a Prime Account it is better to use your home address , unless a product cannot be shipped to Ireland. Only then do you use your Parcel Motel, AddressPal etc.

If you have a regular Amazon account you are usually better off using your alternative account than your home address because if delivery charges. That is not always the case though.

Last edited by stockshares; 18-10-2020 at 11:41.
18-10-2020, 15:16   #1436
Soarer

I impulsed an Xbox One X from the warehouse during Prime Day. Came in at around £237 delivered.
I tried to cancel not long afterwards, but they said I couldn’t. Said if I wanted, just refuse delivery and it’d be returned to them.
Already have an Xbox S, so I’m wondering if it’s worth holding onto the X or not?

BTW, it’s the kid uses it, not me. And he usually plays Fortnite.

Last edited by Soarer; 18-10-2020 at 15:26.
18-10-2020, 15:36   #1437
Zardoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarer View Post
I impulsed an Xbox One X from the warehouse during Prime Day. Came in at around £237 delivered.
I tried to cancel not long afterwards, but they said I couldn’t. Said if I wanted, just refuse delivery and it’d be returned to them.
I've noticed that the return date for anything bought between now and Christmas is Jan 31st so you have over 3.5 months to return it.
https://tamebay.com/2020/10/amazon-2...ns-policy.html
I can see people abusing this .
18-10-2020, 15:40   #1438
richardw001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarer View Post
Already have an Xbox S, so I’m wondering if it’s worth holding onto the X or not?

BTW, it’s the kid uses it, not me. And he usually plays Fortnite.
Probably not if its just for Fortnite - X has an optical drive alright and 4k - however for casual gaming the one S is fine
18-10-2020, 16:57   #1439
clickhere

Picked up my firestick that was delivered to my parcel motel locker yesterday. Got a nice surprise with 2 deliverys from the new local amazon driver today. Happy days.
18-10-2020, 17:26   #1440
ED E

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072K5SFHG/

Picked this up on lightning deal. Anker are solid so just had a cursory glance and bought it. Always read the small print - doesnt support QC, just PD. Makes it a far less tidy solution when I need a second charger.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion