Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-05-2020, 16:30   #16
Basil3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username here View Post
FFS; the search continues, so. Thanks for info.
Can't see why you can't use use one bud. You have to make sure they're both out of the case, though.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-05-2020, 16:41   #17
Username here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil3 View Post
Can't see why you can't use use one bud. You have to make sure they're both out of the case, though.
Fairly sure I read these auto cut off when you remove them from the ear, so if the right one is not in the ear it may be an issue, plus I still haven't been able to determine if there are any mics on the left earpiece (which obviously would be a dealbreaker).
23-05-2020, 17:17   #18
Basil3

Quote:
Fairly sure I read these auto cut off when you remove them from the ear, so if the right one is not in the ear it may be an issue, plus I still haven't been able to determine if there are any mics on the left earpiece (which obviously would be a dealbreaker).
Two things I found online:

Quote:
If you remove one of the earbuds while you are listening to music, the music will automatically pause. To resume the music, place the earbud back in your ear within 60 seconds. To resume mono playback in the right earbud, press the Multi-function button.
Quote:
Hello Joe - Both the left and right earbuds of the Jabra Elite Active 65t have microphones, so both will be used during calls to pick up your voice. Only the right earbud can be used independently, either for calls or music.
So I guess you can't use them how you want, with only the left.
Thanks from:
23-05-2020, 17:30   #19
Username here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil3 View Post
Two things I found online:

So I guess you can't use them how you want, with only the left.
Thanks for that, Basil.
Thanks from:
23-05-2020, 18:57   #20
BBMcQ

Quote:
Both earbuds have 2 mics I believe. They “beam-form” similarly to Apple AirPods and others to give much better audio that they should for being so far away from your mouth.
Advertisement
23-05-2020, 20:51   #21
da_miser
Banned

Haylou GT1 are a bargain, get them off aliexpress for 20 EURO delivered
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/484...5a9c4218XwggZO
or just get the Xiaomi airdots of amazon,co,uk for £20
Haylou are a Xiaomi subsidiary, have the Haylou GT1's a year and they are working as good as day one, great battery life, great sound, fit in ear is comfortable and i have had zero problems, what more do you want for 20 quid
(2) thanks from:
23-05-2020, 21:38   #22
beno619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malmedicine View Post

As someone alluded to opening the case . Its a pain unless you go from the sides.
The trick is to press on the little tab, push in then up.
(2) thanks from:
23-05-2020, 23:37   #23
BBMcQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by beno619 View Post
The trick is to press on the little tab, push in then up.
Yep you just squeeze the little raised line on the lid and push open.
24-05-2020, 14:54   #24
garyfleming7

I got them as a present when they came out. Still use them regularly. Battery life is excellent. Good for running.

They get a bit dirty, so does the case and only the right ear works on it's own. Signal can get funny when on the Luas near driver.

Apart from that they come highly recommended.
Advertisement
25-05-2020, 11:10   #25
errlloyd

Send a message via MSN to errlloyd
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyfleming7 View Post
Signal can get funny when on the Luas near driver.
I always wondered if this was just my pair!

I look like a psycho when I am on a near-empty luas and I keep moving seats to get better earbud reception.
17-10-2020, 16:00   #26
Azatadine

Bought a pair myself and I use them a lot for calls. The hearthrough facilitity is great and so is the microphone.

Only issue I have is that they do hurt my ears after a while but maybe all ear buds do. I bought Comply foam tips but they hurt too. All of them seem to come loose if I talk a lot.
17-10-2020, 20:52   #27
BBMcQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azatadine View Post
Bought a pair myself and I use them a lot for calls. The hearthrough facilitity is great and so is the microphone.

Only issue I have is that they do hurt my ears after a while but maybe all ear buds do. I bought Comply foam tips but they hurt too. All of them seem to come loose if I talk a lot.
Certainly not an isolated case. The pain in my ears was so bad that I sent them back to Amazon for a full refund. I stoped wasting my time and just got AirPods.
17-10-2020, 21:06   #28
Azatadine

I might try Comply small foam tips as a last resort but after that I think I'll throw the towel in too if they don't work. I'm surprised there's not more noise about them being uncomfortable. I wouldn't have bought them if I'd known that cos they are not cheap....
19-10-2020, 11:43   #29
mossym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azatadine View Post
I'm surprised there's not more noise about them being uncomfortable. .
maybe that's because they are not uncomfortable for most? have them for 2 years or so now, wear them maninly for running, up to a couple of hours, so lots of bouncing around, have also used them for hours on flights and no issues either.

everyones ears are different,so while they might not fit you that doesn't mean they are neccesarily an uncomfortable earphone. every make will be uncomfortable in somones ears.

I had the B&W wired in-ears, and loved them, the most comfortable in-ears i have tried. they released the new version, which looked identical, and i couldn't wear them for more than 10 minutes.

really is hit and miss with in-ears
27-10-2020, 21:01   #30
Azatadine

I took a punt on the Comply foam small tips. They are a big improvement on the silicon tips provided (for my ears anyway). Pretty happy with them actually.

The small Comply are more like the medium silicon size that came with the ear buds in size.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion