Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bareknuckle FC

Comments

Will this Artem v Paulie fight be aired on TV tonight?
    Next week, its ppv only as far as i know and i'm not sure if anyone here carries it. they stream on the website though

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Paulie is 8/15 to win. That seems incredibly generous based on boxing form. I'd have thought a 1/10 shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I'll be suprised if Artem lands 1 punch

• Registered Users Posts: 20,511 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I'll be suprised if Artem lands 1 punch

Paulies last fight he was horrific and that was 2 years ago aginst Eglinton who is a journey man himself , He should win but he will certainly be tested

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Artem is going to win imo. Firas Zahabi has a good video on the fight on his YouTube channel. People are overlooking some of the differences in rules compared to boxing ala the clinch and the fact artem can throw Paulie to the ground and not lose points. Artems made for bare knuckle Paulie's not imo. I think alot of people will be surprised. Or I could be completely wrong. Looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

to watch the i have to buy it via the website only?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

sc86 wrote: »
    to watch the i have to buy it via the website only?

Legally, i believe so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

That was brutal to watch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Sincerely hope Malignaggi gets beaten. Sick of hearing the guy mouthing off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

It's on Eir Sports 2 in Ireland

Live BKFC 6 - Malignaggi v Lobov (BKFC)
    Sunday, 02:00 - 05:00 (3 hours)
    Former boxing world champion Paulie Malignaggi and former UFC star Artem Lobov will Knuckle Up to settle the score in a true test of Boxing vs. MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Will the Artem v Pauli fight be on YouTube is Sunday morning?? This is probably only way I can get to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I don't understand how 2 year retired Paulie Maliaggi (beaten up by bum Sam Eggington in his last fight) vs Non Boxer Artem Lobov in a sport (not Boxing) gets it's own thread in this forum.
    Lots of top fights just go into mega threads.
    This is not boxing. This is not relevant. This Should be moved to MMA or whatever. Whatever the result of this 'fight' it means nothing. People shouldn't be giving it oxygen.

The thread is not about just one fight, read the OP, it's about the sport in general, this bout is the first one to really get a lot of attention, could be the last, who knows.

Can't wait for this, hope it's a good fight and of course Artem wins.

The clinch and dirty boxing rules give him a chance where I think otherwise he wouldn't have one.

rtfu3il3tpx21.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I don't understand how 2 year retired Paulie Maliaggi (beaten up by bum Sam Eggington in his last fight) vs Non Boxer Artem Lobov in a sport (not Boxing) gets it's own thread in this forum.
    Lots of top fights just go into mega threads.
    This is not boxing. This is not relevant. This Should be moved to MMA or whatever. Whatever the result of this 'fight' it means nothing. People shouldn't be giving it oxygen.

Rabble rabble rabble rabble get over it mate, if it bothers you that much don't click into the thread. Simple really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭normanoffside

ASOT wrote: »
    Rabble rabble rabble rabble get over it mate, if it bothers you that much don't click into the thread. Simple really.

Sorry, it bothers me because it is unregulated irrelevant rubbish. It's sad. Paulie shouldn't be 'fighting' any more and Artem probably shouldn't either. Paulie particularly needs to cop on before he gets brain damage.
    It's not a proper sport and I don't see what it brings apart from a paycheck. It reminds me of Ali getting beat up by Berbick, voyeur stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

Eir sport 2 I believe are showing this

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

What's the general opinion on the Paulie Artem fight? I can't see Paulie inflicting any damage on Artem during this toe to toe slug fest. Maybe in a boxing match Paulie may have a chance as he's more technical but here that won't cut it, this is close your eyes and brawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Gonad wrote: »
    Eir sport 2 I believe are showing this

You are correct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 mont277

It's very hard to see Paulie not winning this. Paulie is way past his best but at the end of the day it's a boxing match and even though it has been a long time since he was world champion he will technically be the far better fighter. Artem has a punchers chance and his only chance is to try and beat Paulie to the punch with some wild swings but other than that it's very hard to see him getting any change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Randall Bailey's fight is probably most interesting considering how deathly his power is wiith gloves.

Absolutely no interest in seeing Paulie fight any more, he needs to stay behind the mic where he is fantastic. And Lobov is one of the biggest hacks in combat sport history. I guess it is akin to buying a ticket for a ****ty zoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Paulie is a scumbag. Spitting in someone's face is the lowest of the low, and deserves to have his face ground into the concrete.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

A clip from when the bad blood started:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Paulie will win this one handy I think.

Is Eir sports available on virgin?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Angliru wrote: »
    Randall Bailey's fight is probably most interesting considering how deathly his power is wiith gloves.

Absolutely no interest in seeing Paulie fight any more, he needs to stay behind the mic where he is fantastic. And Lobov is one of the biggest hacks in combat sport history. I guess it is akin to buying a ticket for a ****ty zoo.

Is Bailey still fighting tonight? I've seen no mention of him since the original announcement.

Lobov showed a picture of his swollen hands after the Jason Knight fight and claimed no breakages. I don't believe him just by how bad they looked. I think he broke them and took this fight anyway (2 months later) due to the payday.

The obvious rebuttal is that the commission would know about it & give you a suspension if you had broken hands. Yep, that is certainly the case with properly sanctioned boxing and MMA bouts. But I don't know the craic with Bareknuckle.

I could be wrong; it's just a hunch. Artem is very headstrong and it's exactly the kind of thing he would do. I've never seen hands swollen up like that after a fight and not been broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,023 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

That was brutal to watch...

I thought the norm was to have two "fair play" men not one? Although at least fair play men tend to actually break it up and make it a bit safer!

I wouldn't consider it boxing. Would I be interested in it as a "sport"? I'd have to say no. Similar to UFC for me. But there is a novelty factor I suppose. I did see a few interviews and your man Lobov comes across as sound enough whereas Mr. magic man comes across as a bit of an arsehole.

I suppose it's like the time the Dublin footballer (was it Johnny Magee?) boxed the Australian snooker player , Quentin something-or-other, in the stadium. Just a novelty.

I read the comments about Lobov having some advantage in terms of no breaks being called and some wrestling allowed. But he'd have to take a fair few punches to close that distance to get in to wrestle. And there doesn't even seem to be a corner in that ring, so nowhere to to be caught or cut off. You have to imagine that Malinaggi would just keep dancing away and catch Lobov with a few each time he comes in. Maybe after a round or two when Lobov is cut up. Malinaggi would plant the feet and do extra damage. If it goes that far.

Personally, I wouldn't allow it if it was up to me. But it's not. Each to their own!

Lobov showed a picture of his swollen hands after the Jason Knight fight and claimed no breakages. I don't believe him just by how bad they looked. I think he broke them and took this fight anyway (2 months later) due to the payday.

The obvious rebuttal is that the commission would know about it & give you a suspension if you had broken hands. Yep, that is certainly the case with properly sanctioned boxing and MMA bouts. But I don't know the craic with Bareknuckle.

I could be wrong; it's just a hunch. Artem is very headstrong and it's exactly the kind of thing he would do. I've never seen hands swollen up like that after a fight and not been broken.

On the flip side Pauli's hands are quite small and while in traditional boxing that can be an advantage, in bareknuckle I'd suggest it's a distinct disadvantage.

Lot different cracking small hand bones off an opponent's skull without gloves on to protect them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭thepogues

Does anyone know what both fighters are set to earn tonight?
    Will Malignaggi be receiving the bigger cheque regardless of the result?

Advertisement