Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If AEW could get Taker Mean Mark for one match to put someone over who should it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

If AEW could get Taker Mean Mark for one match to put someone over who should it be?

Joey Ryan just to see the outrage from certain people on the internet.

Joey Ryan just to see the outrage from certain people on the internet.

The Druids vs the Dildos/

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Dildos vs Druids..... take my money! Only if Kevin Sullivan gets to bring back the dungeon of doom and somehow the Sinister Minister is involved!

What if Cody went full 80's and booked all these no name guys as jobbers for tv?

Obviously had a beer... or two.
    Joking aside really looking forward to how the whole project works out, good bad or indifferent it has definitely got people talking. It's already getting people better deals and terms by all accounts. So good luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Anyone else getting the vibe that Tony Khan is a bit of a mark who the wrestlers are going to take advantage of.

It kind of feels like his Dad bought him a wrestling company.

There's clearly an element of that.

However, he's noted he had planned this for a long time and is only launching now. Doing so at a time when TV rights for wrestling have never been larger and there are genuine stars on the outside to launch with is terrific timing. Clearly there is some savvy thinking here.

By the same token, I think we can all look at it and see that having 4 top wrestlers as EVP's with a hand in creative, while Khan will be spending half his time in London on a completely different time zone is going to lead to challenges both in terms of the ability to make decisions efficiently and without conflict.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Bea Priestley
    is the newest addition to All Elite Wrestling's roster.

I saw yesterday AEW were turned down on all of names they tried to patent and trademark including AEW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I saw yesterday AEW were turned down on all of names they tried to patent and trademark including AEW.

Jesus!! Watch Vince make a stable called AEW now

• Registered Users Posts: 21,334 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Jesus!! Watch Vince make a stable called AEW now

Filled to the absolute brim with jobbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It'll be the new bWo. Or the Mean Street Posse.

Or Miz's new Aew-some faction

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Filled to the absolute brim with jobbers.

Heath Slater as the leader!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Why in the hell did they not secure the trademarks before announcing them

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cowboys, Ted. They're a bunch of cowboys.

Isn't that the fault of their Chief Brandi Officer?

id be more entailed to put the blame on Billionaire Tony

im sure they wont lose the names as Tony would throw money at it surely but god how much of a disater would that be to lose the name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

What a farce that is. Amateur hour stuff.

I am starting to get a stink of carnie about this.

The initial applications were rejected for what are mostly minor, technical reasons. WWE has trademarks rejected all the time - NXT was rejected at first. I wouldn't stress about it, it will be resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

sky88 wrote: »
    id be more entailed to put the blame on Billionaire Tony

im sure they wont lose the names as Tony would throw money at it surely but god how much of a disater would that be to lose the name

I don't think it wold be a major deal to lose the name at this early stage of the company. I'd say many would have said that World Wrestling Federation losing their F, and changing to E would have spelt disaster too.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I don't think it wold be a major deal to lose the name at this early stage of the company. I'd say many would have said that World Wrestling Federation losing their F, and changing to E would have spelt disaster too.

but they were a company that was a established were aew is a new company trying to get tv deals and it would just project a bad image of the company straight off the bat

Wrighty vs tony khan at double or nothing

https://twitter.com/5livesport/status/1102677021824495616?s=21

• Advertisement

So stories of JR signing a multi year million dollar a year contract.

That alone really does give the whole wrestlers talking a Billionaire for a ride idea some credence.

JR is about 15 years past a million dollar a year contract talent.

They are dead in the water before they start if he is going to be an on air talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

That alone really does give the whole wrestlers talking a Billionaire for a ride idea some credence.

They are dead in the water before they start if he is going to be an on air talent.

Hear hear.

This is now clearly a money mark operation.

JR can't even cut it on pre recorded New Japan commentary that airs in the middle of the night. Having him blurt out his tired old catchphrases on this new company's show will set it back before it even gets started.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sirmanga wrote: »
    Hear hear.

JR can't even cut it on pre recorded New Japan commentary that airs in the middle of the night. Having him blurt out his tired old catchphrases on this new company's show will set it back before it even gets going.

I'd agree JR is well past his use by as on air talent, as sirmanga has noted regarding New Japan, he sounds a combination of tired & can't be fecking arsed. He'd be better off used in some kind of backstage role.

They'd be better off hiring others for commentary.

He never seems to learn anything about the wrestlers. The number of mistakes he makes is crazy

Come on now.

The announcers in WWE earn fractions of this. Why would Khan approach Ross, who has little leverage, and offer him an obscenely above market salary?

Unless, of course, he is a major VP in the company, like head of talent relations or something. Then I can see a high 6 figure or early 7 figure deal.

sirmanga wrote: »
    Hear hear.

JR can't even cut it on pre recorded New Japan commentary that airs in the middle of the night. Having him blurt out his tired old catchphrases on this new company's show will set it back before it even gets started.

There's a completely unsubstantiated rumour floating in the ether and ***this*** makes up your mind?

Lads, seriously. No one has any idea what level of TV deal they are negotiating, nor for the most part what salaries they are paying out. Maybe Khan is a money mark, maybe he's a savvy businessman, or maybe it is somewhere in the middle. Perhaps best wait for some ACTUAL evidence before leaping to conclusions? :confused:

Right so no one discuss anything on a message board until actual facts are out there.

Close the thread then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Right so no one discuss anything on a message board until actual facts are out there.

Close the thread then.

Yep. Didn't realise this was an academic dissertation and everything needed to by cited for fear of a bad grade.

Having to listen to jr makes this less watchable for me I’ve grown to really dislike him over the years and there’s just much better commentators out there they could try to get

• Advertisement

I don’t watch much if anything outside Raw. Who would you rank top 5 announcers?

Advertisement