Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recurring issue

• 19-04-2021 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,180 ✭✭✭✭

About 18 months ago I got a lipoma removed in St James

Was just scratching around the area tonight to alleviate an itch and felt a small bump - assumed its coming back again (last time it was quite large by the time I got it removed)

Do I contact the hospital to say its come back or do I need another referral from the doc?
    I know there is no chance of getting seen any time soon!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

fritzelly wrote: »
    About 18 months ago I got a lipoma removed in St James

Was just scratching around the area tonight to alleviate an itch and felt a small bump - assumed its coming back again (last time it was quite large by the time I got it removed)

Do I contact the hospital to say its come back or do I need another referral from the doc?
    I know there is no chance of getting seen any time soon!

You need to see consultant in St. James. Ring to reception see if they can give you appointment.
    Have you recently done A1C blood test ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,180 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

markmoto wrote: »
    You need to see consultant in St. James. Ring to reception see if they can give you appointment.
    Have you recently done A1C blood test ?

Thanks and no to the test (had to google it)

Are you saying diabetes is something to do with it? Recurrence is quite common

If you have chance go for A1C & Lipid profile blood test.

Are you saying diabetes is something to do with it? Recurrence is quite common

I have notice for sometime people with lipoma might have fatty liver or per-diabetes. But please see you GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭con747

Make an appointment with your GP OP, they can let you know what it is and refer you for tests and consults if need be.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement