Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Broken glass table top recycle.

• 16-03-2021 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi,

I have (had!) a 1200 x 1200 mm glass table top which broken (tempered glass so literally into a million pieces). Does anyone know of the best way of disposing of/recycling it?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭guil

Into a bucket and bring to a recycling centre or see do any neighbours have a glass bin?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

guil wrote: »
    Into a bucket and bring to a recycling centre or see do any neighbours have a glass bin?

Not allowed in a glass or recycling bin
    Just bin it in the landfill bin

Not allowed in a glass or recycling bin
    Just bin it in the landfill bin

I never said a recycling bin, it would be accepted in a glass bin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Only glass used for bottles or jars is accepted for recycling, a google search will give detailed explaination.

Not even ordinary window glasss. Toughened or pyrex should be put into the general waste.

There is no standard across companies as what is or isn't accepted for recycling. Each company has different rules and accepted items

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

There is no standard across companies as what is or isn't accepted for recycling. Each company has different rules and accepted items

Not regarding glass - as another poster said, only jars, bottles etc. in the glass bin otherwise you contaminate the lot.

Can you show me where it says that? From a waste collection company in Ireland, most if not all don't accept glass in the general waste

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Can you show me where it says that? From a waste collection company in Ireland, most if not all don't accept glass in the general waste

Of course they don't accept glass in the general waste and I never said that they did. I said that the glass table top cannot go into the glass recycling. There are certain types of waste that there appears to be no legitimate way of disposing - it is Ireland after all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I never said a recycling bin, it would be accepted in a glass bin

No, it wouldn't. Its not the right type of glass and would contaminate the entire batch.

Advertisement