Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Travel to Northern Ireland with pet after January 1st 2021

Options
  • 11-12-2020 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Are there going to be checkpoints to check pet passports straight away after January 1st when BREXIT kicks in? Does anyone know how or are they going to police travel to the North from the South with pets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭volchitsa

I have the same question, but no answers, so will be watching this thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

It appears that the border will be in the Irish sea, pets belonging to GB residents will need vet health cert but EU and NI residents won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

muddypaws wrote: »
    It appears that the border will be in the Irish sea, pets belonging to GB residents will need blood tests and vet health cert but EU and NI residents won't.

That sounds good, have you a link for this please? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

[PHP][/PHP]
    It appears that the border will be in the Irish sea, pets belonging to GB residents will need blood tests and vet health cert but EU and NI residents won't.

I know that technically you need a pet passport but I’ve never been stopped travelling from the South to the North. I can’t get a rabies titre test as my vet used a lad in the U.K. which she can’t use now. Everything seems to be up in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Thanks for that info! It’s really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CatLover2021

Hi all

Thought I would re-open this thread as I have a similar question.

Does anyone have experience travelling with their cat from UK to NI on Ferry since Jan 2021? I will making the trip with my cat next month.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Advertisement