22-10-2019, 16:42   #1
Noteworthy
Verified representative

Are you happy with the planned Galway ring road?

We'd like your help with an investigation into whether the ring road will make a significant difference to traffic congestion in the city. With an estimated cost of €600 million, we want to take a deeper look at this scheme as well as examine alternatives such as public transport and cycling facilities, so any help you can offer would be really appreciated!

This investigation proposal has just been launched and we'd love your help in getting the word out there. You can find out more about the project and support it here: https://www.noteworthy.ie/proposal/g...oad-53-Oct2019

We're an investigative platform called Noteworthy which was set up by TheJournal.ie. The idea is that we crowdsource ideas for stories that are not currently being covered by the media, and crowdfund in order to carry them out.

Let us know your ideas below or email information@noteworthy.ie - Also if you could share this, that would be brilliant.
Advertisement
24-10-2019, 22:33   #2
Salthillprom

When do you need information by?
27-10-2019, 23:33   #3
Interceptor

"We've tried nothing and nothing works!!"

Sure what harm can the ring road do? Might keep the tourists from getting lost on all the roundabouts in the city - get them out to Letterfrack in record time.
29-10-2019, 10:02   #4
Noteworthy
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salthillprom View Post
When do you need information by?
We're currently in the process of crowdfunding the investigation so anytime in the next few weeks (the earlier the better). If you have information or ideas, please email information@noteworthy.ie

Thanks so much!
07-11-2019, 11:13   #5
Paddy_man

Send a message via MSN to Paddy_man Send a message via Yahoo to Paddy_man Send a message via Skype™ to Paddy_man
Would be interested in the discussion on this. I've been using public transport in the city for the last 16 years and i really don't see how improvements to public transport will take drivers off the road... drivers may use it for a short time, but once they see traffic has improved with less cars, i think they will get back in the cars again to take advantage of that and the cycle, Bus Eireann will lessen the buses due to lack of demand and all will begin again. And dont get me started on the Light Rail suggestion, thats just looney tunes.
Advertisement
07-11-2019, 11:17   #6
Your Face

I'm not particularly happy with any of the planning in Galway City.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion