Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C+H Sports Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Bah, it's good fun. Sometimes I pay more attention to it than the real thing.

Here's the code to join the league.

289928-424414

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

deise_girl wrote: »
    I have to say I'd be worried for yee if you dont get your act together with McCarthy.. But I think Offaly will really struggle too, so I'd say Offaly will go back down.

And yeh but he only stayed on by around 18 votes I think? Thats not great.. Tbh I think if they cant get the backing of players yee're in a right muck of things coz it will end up you playing with mainly intermediate/underage or Justin will have to walk. I'd feel bad if he had to leave another county again, I really think he could have brought Limerick up!!

just read a yoke that daysha posted in the gaa forum. 4 more hurlers left the limerick hurling panel including gavin o mahoney. I'm seriously in a pissed off mood now :( Theres like 6 remaining players left now including dave breen and paul browne.
    God is punishing me for something I did, that's probably why all this is happening..

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

That doesn't sound terribly good for Limerick. What exactly is going on there?

Just joined the Fantasy Football league also. :)

Well to summarise it, mccarthy dropped 12 hurlers (many of which were respected experienced ones that still had a few championships in them like stephen lucey) from the panel in search for new blood. The other members of the panel don't seem to be happy with this and are withdrawing their services from the county team.

And then there was 6...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Saturday, 2 January 2010
    Aston Villa v Blackburn, R3, 15:00
    Blackpool v Ipswich, R3, 15:00
    Bolton v Lincoln City, R3, 15:00
    Everton v Carlisle, R3, 15:00
    Fulham v Swindon, R3, 15:00
    Huddersfield v West Brom, R3, 15:00
    Leicester v Swansea, R3, 15:00
    MK Dons v Burnley, R3, 15:00
    Middlesbrough v Man City, R3, 15:00
    Millwall v Derby, R3, 15:00
    Nottm Forest v Birmingham, R3, 15:00
    Plymouth v Newcastle, R3, 15:00
    Portsmouth v Coventry, R3, 15:00
    Preston v Colchester, R3, 15:00
    Reading v Liverpool, R3, 17:15
    Scunthorpe v Barnsley, R3, 15:00
    Sheff Wed v Crystal Palace, R3, 15:00
    Southampton v Luton, R3, 15:00
    Stoke v York, R3, 15:00
    Sunderland v Barrow, R3, 15:00
    Torquay v Brighton, R3, 15:00
    Tottenham v Peterborough, R3, 15:00
    Wigan v Hull, R3, 15:00

Sunday, 3 January 2010
    Chelsea v Watford, R3, 15:00
    Man Utd v Leeds United, R3, 13:00
    Notts County v Forest Green, R3, 15:00
    Sheff Utd v QPR, R3, 15:00
    Tranmere v Wolverhampton, R3, 18:15
    West Ham v Arsenal, R3, 16:15

The best day in the football calendar for me.

The football romantic in me says classic cup upsets for York, Plymouth, Forest Green and Tranmere

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Well to summarise it, mccarthy dropped 12 hurlers (many of which were respected experienced ones that still had a few championships in them like stephen lucey) from the panel in search for new blood. The other members of the panel don't seem to be happy with this and are withdrawing their services from the county team.

And then there was 6...
    Yeh and poor Shaughnessy too.. It is some mess.
    Do yee still have Breen? :pac:

deise_girl wrote: »
    Yeh and poor Shaughnessy too.. It is some mess.
    Do yee still have Breen? :pac:

yea, that too :(

unfortunatly, we do deise, unfortunatly.

That sounds like a right mess, worse than Clare's problem a few months ago!

Also, really looking forward to Leeds - Man Utd tomorrow, the classic!

syncosised wrote: »
    Also, really looking forward to Leeds - Man Utd tomorrow, the classic!

United/Leeds fan? Or neither? :p

My dad is a mad Leeds fan, I'm a Spurs man myself, but Leeds-Man Utd is a game with so much history, it'll great to see it again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

yea, that too :(

unfortunatly, we do deise, unfortunatly.
    Im telling you Breen will do something for yee, he will!! He just needs to be a bit more ermm acurate but hes trying :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Ah, we'll beat Reading at Anfield :p

Jako8 wrote: »
    Ah, we'll beat Reading at Anfield :p
    Haha I wouldn't be so sure! :P

Raymond van Barneveld just got beaten in the World Darts Championship semi-final, great match!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Haha I wouldn't be so sure! :P

Raymond van Barneveld just got beaten in the World Darts Championship semi-final, great match!
    Ya, I watched the darts as well. Great match!

Woo! Leeds beat United 1-0:D Fully deserved! Fully deserved. Come on you Leeds!!!

That was a match and a half! Leeds played so valiantly, it was entirely deserved.

That was a match and a half! Leeds played so valiantly, it was entirely deserved.
    They were unlucky not to score more. Snograss' freekick was so close, as was Beckford's attempt which beat the keeper before going the wrong side of the post!

Rooney was woeful, Brown should've gone off, Valenica's the only United player who played at all. Every single Leeds player gave their all though. This is why I love The FA Cup, even if it's not considered cool anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

A great day for sport:D

Rooney was woeful, Brown should've gone off, Valenica's the only United player who played at all. Every single Leeds player gave their all though. This is why I love The FA Cup, even if it's not considered cool anymore!
    I was biting my nails constantly for the added time. The goalmouth scramble could have went either way! I was estatic where they got it out of the box after it:D

Just watching the darts final now, it's much closer and more exciting that I expected!

• Advertisement

Just watching the darts final now, it's much closer and more exciting that I expected!
    Score? At home tonight so don't have the channel. I hope whitlock wins but I think Taylor will annihilate him by the end...

Two sets to one to Whitlock. Yes, I am serious! :D

:(

We were complete and utter shit today. Fabio being the only one who really had a decent game.

Have to give it to Leeds, they deserved it. We never really threatened the goal until late on.

Leeds support was fantastic, as was United's, until the goal.

Special mention to the police for handling the day so well, because as far as I know, the wasn't any trouble.

EDIT: May as well throw up a pic while I'm here.

OT about an hour before kick-off:

100_0003.jpg

I thought you were a Leeds fan and would be ecstatic! Whoops! :confused:

Phil Taylor won the darts 7-3 in the end, exciting stuff though, the final leg of the ninth set was hilarious, they were both going for double 1 for ages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Jako8 wrote: »
    Please let Beckford play the game of his life, please let Beckford play the game of his life... :p
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Felt royally sick watching that performance. We were utter useless.

Berbatov and Nani out for Villa, di Maria, Akinfeev and Van Der Vaart in the window now? :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Daysha wrote: »
    Berbatov and Nani out for Villa, di Maria, Akinfeev and Van Der Vaart in the window now? :pac:

One can only dream :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Daysha wrote: »
    Felt royally sick watching that performance. We were utter useless.

;_; It was not pleasant, I have to say. There's some teams that it's absolutely sickening to lose to aswell, Leeds of course being one of 'em. :( Hopefully that'll make them cop on and finally start playing some proper football this season, but I've said that after every messy performance and it only seems to last a game or two. That being said, they do tend to perform better after Christmas so I can remain hopeful!

Remember when Berbatov used to be good, back at Spurs? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

We should set up a C&H Manchester United Fan Club :D

Advertisement