Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Megadodge and Eagle Eye

• 05-09-2019 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭

Do you think Aoife O Rourke can make the olympics? Have either of you seen her in action?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,549 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Do you think Aoife O Rourke can make the olympics? Have either of you seen her in action?

What about me? Seen her several times boxing in the stadium....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

walshb wrote: »
    What about me? Seen her several times boxing in the stadium....

Sorry;) Welcome back by the way. So what do you make of her? Can she go further than European level?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,549 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Sorry;) Welcome back by the way. So what do you make of her? Can she go further than European level?

:P

I have seen her 3-4 times boxing now. 75.

She is elite level now, and current elite European champion

IOC will hold qualifiers next March in London and then in Paris in May. She should get to qualify here.

As for her talent. Honestly nothing I saw had me in anyway impressed. But, I guess we are so used to the brilliance of Taylor, that comparing those that are not Taylor can be misguided.

75 kgs will produce a lot better in The Americas I reckon.

BTW, Eagle Eye, what is his relevance here? is he poster, eagle eye?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

walshb wrote: »
    :P

I have seen her 3-4 times boxing now. 75.

She is elite level now, and current elite European champion

IOC will hold qualifiers next March in London and then in Paris in May. She should get to qualify here.

As for her talent. Honestly nothing I saw had me in anyway impressed. But, I guess we are so used to the brilliance of Taylor, that comparing those that are not Taylor can be misguided.

75 kgs will produce a lot better in The Americas I reckon.

BTW, Eagle Eye, what is his relevance here? is he poster, eagle eye?

So what you seem to be saying is you don't see her being a contender to medal. Still even getting to the Olympics would be a good achievement
    Yes, the poster Eagle Eye. I addressed the post to him and Megadodge because I believe they are both from Roscommom and they seem to know about the boxing scene in the county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

I think she will get there and perhaps make the last 8, falling just short of a medal

getting there is a great achievement in itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭megadodge

Just saw this now.

I'm sorry to say I'm not quite as in touch with the local scene as I was up to 10 years ago or so. I've actually never seen either O'Rourke sister box live, so I don't feel qualified to speak about her.

Aoife's younger sister (Lisa I think) is reputedly better, but that could be the usual thing people say about talented sports people.

With regard to Olympic potential, it's pretty simple - anybody who wins the Europeans is a contender.

Advertisement