Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Soundtrack To Your Angst

1294295296297298300»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Has Manson ever done a bad cover? Tainted Love, You're So Vain, Sweet Dreams, Personal Jesus, and now this. Top quality.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Spotify put one of this group'songs in my Discover Weekly a year ago. I added it to my library but never really sought out the rest of their work. Over the last week or so I've started listening to all their stuff. I'm truly blown away by the singer's voice. Just so raw, whether she's whispering or screaming her heart out.

Anyways I can't really talk with my friend's about this kind of sad music as they are mostly only into hip hop or hard rock so I'm gonna post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

• Advertisement

Yesterday would have been the 30th birthday of a legendary former Boardsie, the utterly unique and much-missed Rozabeez.

Some of her best friends put together a Spotify playlist to commemorate the occasion, and for all of us who remember her to celebrate memories of times spent with her.

It's a wonderful collection of songs. David Bowie, Blondie, Pearl Jam, Nena, the Cure, and all kinds of other great stuff. Timeless classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

God I've missed New Found Glory. Supposed to fly to see them in June, that's not happening anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Thank you for this song! It made a great addition to my running playlist.

Back to The National, as always.

I watched "Lost In Translation" tonight. I expect I'll be searching Spotify for a soundtrack playlist tomorrow.

Cool to hear the first song from Teaches of Peaches in one scene.

• Advertisement

Have any of ye come across a Limerick musician called Paddy Dennehy? He'd be fairly well-known around Cork too.

His debut album, "Little Light", hit Spotify on Friday, but some of his songs have been up there and on YouTube for a few years now.

I got the CD a week early after doing a pre-order, and have had it on repeat for the last two and a half weeks. It is wonderful. Hints of Tom Waits and Mick Flannery (for whom he has opened in gigs before) but with a clear voice of his own. Highly recommended.

If you told 16 year old me just how much Country I would be listening to as I got older I don't think he'd have believed you. He'd have probably laughed at you.

I used to look at the genre with derision but each week my Discover Weekly contains more and more of it.

Now I'll probably never be a Nathan Carter convert but there's an awful lot of gold in the genre.

Nathan Carter ain't real country. :cool:

Nathan Carter ain't real country. :cool:

I think it's the production polish and the over-abundance of instruments in the arrangements that puts me off him and similar artists. There's just too much going on. His vocals are too smooth too.

I'm a fan rough production and bare bones arrangements across all the genres I like.

Arctic Monkeys - "I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor" is still an absolute belter. Awesome energy.

Advertisement