Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 Tax Refund

• 10-12-2019 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Apologies if I get some terminology mixed up

How soon can you generate your 2019 P21 end of year statement (in lieu of P60 issued by employer?) in 2020. Would it work on January 1st or do we need to wait a few weeks?

I’m a student and I completed a few internships and changed part time job over the year so my tax credits are a bit messed up so I am correct to say that the end of year statement will calculate the total PAYE and USC due for the year based on the income from all my employers and then deduct the amount I have paid and issue a refund accordingly?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Statement of Liability (new name for P21) should be available from 15th January 2020 under the new system.

You are correct on what the review does.
    markjack98 wrote: »
    Apologies if I get some terminology mixed up

How soon can you generate your 2019 P21 end of year statement (in lieu of P60 issued by employer?) in 2020. Would it work on January 1st or do we need to wait a few weeks?

I’m a student and I completed a few internships and changed part time job over the year so my tax credits are a bit messed up so I am correct to say that the end of year statement will calculate the total PAYE and USC due for the year based on the income from all my employers and then deduct the amount I have paid and issue a refund accordingly?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Tow

Your EDS (Employment Detail Summary) P60 replacements should appear on the 1st of January. Employers have until to 14th to make any corrections, so as Diddakoi says the 15th of January. Revenue will first require you to approve your employers figures, before generating a Statement of Liability or inform them why you think they are wrong. It is still possible for employers to make changes at any later stage, which will revise your EDS and thus Statement of Liability...

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 markjack98

Perfect, much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭fitzparker

sorry to Hijack the thread, Got married earlier in the year and applied for "Marriage Tax" before the cut off.

Today I received "Tax Credit and Universal Social Charge Certificate − 2020"

in it, it advises Net tax credit, which is calculated by taking gross tax credit away from gross tax credit reduction.

is this figure how much I will save next year with the credit, or the refund I will get the start of the year? or something totally different.

Thanks

Advertisement