Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Truck insurance

• 01-12-2019 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I'm interested in the idea of running a truck, likely a rigid set up, I know from doing the CPC that you have to have a operator licence and the road tax situation is better nowadays, what has me stumped is insurance as in the equivalent of car or van insurance the disc that keeps you road legal what company in the republic of Ireland is the leading company, I've some driving experience but never had a hgv policy in my name before, the truck will be owned by me no finance is there truck age limits, certain types of haulage that get better quotes ,ie tipper or curtain side, I'm 34, so any feedback be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭Corvo

Hi Le Tissier,

Plenty of brokers will supply you with a quotation. There are a number of insurers they can approach in this field (AXA, Wrightway, Catalpa Underwriting and Liberty might also have a look)

You'll need all your general details obviously, the make/model, value and carrying capacity of the vehicle. The type of work you are looking at (i.e. dry groupage etc.).

Most vital will be proving your experience. Most insurers will require a minimum of three years and they will request a letter from a previous employer before the quote can be verified.

Ensure to ask for the additional covers, such as Carriers Liability (i.e. your liability for damage/loss to the goods you carry on behalf of someone), Public Liability (and Employers Liability should you have a part time driver to cover runs for you). As it is a rigid I doubt you will require trailer cover :D

Hope it goes well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement