Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Plans for the turkey, ham or something else.

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I’d be raging if my turkey wasn’t fairly dry as that’s the way I’ve always had it I love it that way. As the mother always said, if I wanted moist turkey I’d have bought a couple of chickens.
    That’s why there’s no brining, no basting, no upside down cooking, no butter, etc for me.

Same here. We want dry turkey. We baste, for flavour, but cook until dry. Sacrilege to many, I know, but we like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,086 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just looking at Jamie's olivers turkey he only bastes the once. Looks perfect. Lashings of butter my kinda chef.
    Don't want to get this wrong....it's our first turkey at home. Want is nice and moist with lovely crisp ediable without cracking skin. I always love the skin off the turkey, usually get it all to myself.

Same here. We want dry turkey. We baste, for flavour, but cook until dry. Sacrilege to many, I know, but we like it.

Definitely blasphemy but I’ve tried the moist one and wouldn’t like it at all. Just what you get used to over the years I suppose.
    Just looking at Jamie's olivers turkey he only bastes the once. Looks perfect. Lashings of butter my kinda chef.
    Don't want to get this wrong....it's our first turkey at home. Want is nice and moist with lovely crisp ediable without cracking skin. I always love the skin off the turkey, usually get it all to myself.

Is that this years one that he rests unwrapped for about 3 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,086 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is that this years one that he rests unwrapped for about 3 hours?

Well spotted I just checked it's the 2015 one, he says rest for 2hrs, Mrs not into it reckons the turkey will be cold. We're debating about a meat thermometer, she reckons no need and I'm the one thought her cook a whole chicken.

I wouldn’t mind the resting, though the length seems a bit like overkill, but I’d throw a clean tea towel over it or wrap it in foil to retain a bit of heat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

L1011 wrote: »
    Weirdly today there was no exit queue - once you got on to the main aisle you were out in one light sequence - but getting around and getting spaces was horrible. People were stopping in the aisles if they saw you going near your car with a trolley so you could be stuck for minutes at a time.

Last couple of years I've been used to a five or six light sequence exit, or worse.

They’ve definitely changed the light sequence this year because getting into maynooth from the kilcock side takes forever at the moment

Advertisement