Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend a drone with good camera for less than €200?

• 22-11-2019 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

Hi, can someone please recommend a drone that wouldn't cost the earth (€200 or less or thereabouts) with a good camera. There are so many of them out there... I genuinely don't know what to choose. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

You'll be hard pressed to find something in that price range, though it depends what you mean by good camera...are you hoping to take pictures or film with it, for say social media? Or just something that you can use whilst flying for location purposes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Realistically any drone around that price point is a "toy".
    Not that its a bad thing, but don't expect features or specs any where close to the reputable brands.

Have a look at the Tello: https://store.dji.com/product/tello?vid=38421
    Although limited to 10m altitude, the camera looks decent enough for photos but no gimbal or stabilization make video a different prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

irishejit wrote: »
    You'll be hard pressed to find something in that price range, though it depends what you mean by good camera...are you hoping to take pictures or film with it, for say social media? Or just something that you can use whilst flying for location purposes?

I'm looking to take pics with it. So, not just for flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Realistically any drone around that price point is a "toy".
    Not that its a bad thing, but don't expect features or specs any where close to the reputable brands.

Have a look at the Tello: https://store.dji.com/product/tello?vid=38421
    Although limited to 10m altitude, the camera looks decent enough for photos but no gimbal or stabilization make video a different prospect.

Thanks, I'll have a look at that

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

I'm looking to take pics with it. So, not just for flying.

In that case you could pick up a Phantom 3 Standard for around £200 on eBay. Just make sure there are no visible cracks in the arms in the pictures, and don't be afraid to ask for additional pics. Also try to get one with at least one spare battery. It can be hard to source original batteries now, although I think Heliguy still stock them. You can get cheap Chinese knock offs but I wouldn't;t recommend anyone using them, and on occasion DJI will block non OEM batteries in latest updates.

It's a reasonable enough camera and if you found that you enjoyed it then you could upgrade to something that packs a bit more of a punch.

As said earlier anything new at that price just wouldn't cut it for half way decent pics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

theres a good deal on Hubsan Zino on GearBest, a little bit over 200 mark but its decent drone:
    https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_009470935593.html?wid=1640583#goodsDetail

Advertisement