Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

• 02-09-2019 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

2020 Electric Picnic will take place 4th - 6th September 2020

Electric Picnic 2020 has been cancelled. Full details here. 2020 tickets are valid for 2021 or refunds are available at original point of purchase.

Final update to faq will occur eod Wednesday 4th when loyalty applications terminate.
    Anyone got suggestions, get them in by then.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND INFORMATION

I didn't get my loyalty code what do I do?

There was a change this year where you need to register your interest in the loyalty scheme for 2020. EP/TicketMaster sent an e-mail out flagging that you have until the 4th of September to register for the loyalty scheme. If you've bought tickets from them on your account and have not received the e-mail then check your spam folder or contact them.

To register for it if you've not received your e-mail to go : https://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/ticket-info/how-claim-your-loyalty-ticket-discount-code

What sort of tickets are available, can I just buy Saturday?

Electric Picnic has just two types of tickets on sale

Weekend: these are the 3 day tickets, you can camp with these (The weekend tickets are split into normal and family camping)

Sunday: these are just for the Sunday, only for the Sunday, not for any other day. These are not camping tickets. These will be on sale in March(ish) 2020.

There are performer/other type tickets too. EP website will likely have information on these, if it does not then well... you’ve bought a ticket that’s not supposed to be sold, not our problem (in fact, nothing is, this is all just done to hopefully provide some guidance but none of it is official so legal disclaimer over, back to sarcasm) so well done on getting a ticket and have a pat on the head/arse (I’m not fussy).

Will there be more family / campervan / non-standard tickets on release?

No, these are of limited supply and usually sell out within the first few days of ticket release.
    If you've missed them then please keep your eyes on Toutless to try and pick up one at cost price.

Note: For family camping, you MUST pre-register your crotch fruit.
    Failure to do so will likely result in them being placed on donedeal where you will not recoup your investment in them.

Do I need to do anything to partake of the Thursday early opening?

Yes, you need to buy an early camping pass

What do I need if I want to early camp on the Thursday in Pink Moon / other posh camping provider?

You need to buy the EP early camping pass AND an early camping pass from Pink Moon / other posh camping provider

Do I pay extra for posh camping (Pink Moon etc)?

Yes, these are separate companies providing services on site, you book for them through their websites.

How do I book posh camping?

All the camping companies will have links from the EP site
    https://www.electricpicnic.ie/boutique-camping
    They usually open booking around the same time as the loyalty / early bird tickets go on sale.

How much does posh camping cost?

Go to the EP website and camping company links, they'll have the information, this is an FAQ, not a booking agency.

Can I bring my own tent/gazebo/family into the posh camping sites?

No

Can I visit my mates in Pink Moon / Harvest / Podpads etc.. ?

NO, No you cannot, we pay extra to keep the likes of you out.

How do I camp in ECO Camping?

Keep an eye on the EP website and also their e-mail shoots, they are by registration only and usually open for registration around or after the first act announcement

What sort of tent should I bring?

Get one suitable to the size of the number of people in it.
    Do remember though that a two person tent also has to hold their gear and beer for the weekend along with two people so try to get a tent one person bigger than the party staying in it.
    For weather protection, aim to have a tent with a hydrostatic head (heh) of at least 2000mm (higher is better, even Pink Moons cheapest two man tents have a HH of 3000mm)

Where can I get a cart to carry all my stuffs?

Halfords and other places usually have some carts but this can be variable as to what's available.
    Do not buy little "festival" carts or anything with small wheels, they are a complete waste of money and you'll wind up dumping/chucking them after your stuff has fallen over for the 17th time before you've left the car park.
    Remember, the car parks are just fields, not smooth wonderful skating rinks for your sh1t to glide across and the paths in the woods are uneven stoney muddy paths in woods, cop on and stop buying this stuff.
    Either have a decent 4 wheel trolley or two wheel with large pneumatic wheels, bring less stuff or else get your biggest mate and just load him up like a donkey and slap his arse to get him moving.

Can I camp in ECO / normal sites with a family camping ticket?

Yes, but please try and swap with some one looking for a family ticket, they are in very short supply and you'll make someones year.
    Do this via Toutless

It's sold out, where can I get a ticket on resale?

Stick to Toutless and check out the sellers very carefully or else hold your nerves!
    There are always tickets available in the final week and days beforehand as life happens to other people and they cannot go or TicketMaster release what ever they have left in the last few days.
    It can seem hopeless but there will always be tickets.

DO NOT PAY OVER THE FACE VALUE FOR TICKETS!

Can I camp with a Sunday only ticket?

You're not supposed to.

When will the Sunday tickets be released?

Around the time of the main announcement i.e. sometime in March 2020.
    These are of limited supply.

What beers are available in the arena?

Heineken currently have the contract for bars in the arena so it's their brands only which are on sale.
    It's piss, actually it's overpriced piss but thems the breaks.

You can BYOB ONLY after the arena bars close at night time.

Are there showers / toilets in the camp sites?

Yes

Are there lockers / secure storage in the camp sites?

Yes, there's a company that runs them and they can be booked via the EP Website.

Can I bring in spirits?

To the campsites, yes, but they must be in a non-glass container.

Where should I park?

Unless you're early/lucky, you will not be parking in Green. Green was designated for day parking in 2017.
    Most people will be directed to Red.

Can I charge my phone there?

There are some phone charging stations, see EP website for details but you're likely better off bringing your own battery pack

What's the best type of battery pack?

There are many brands and sizes, aim for 10,000 mAH or higher. I had a 25,000 mAH one with me this year which fed my phone and the tent neighbors.
    They'd brought junk chargers as per the note below

Note: If somewhere is selling them for a fiver and there's no rating on it, do not buy it.
    Most smart phones have batteries in the 2,500 - 3,000 mAH range so that tells you how many charges you will get in a best case scenario.
    You cannot buy from Amazon as they will not ship to here, start looking for these at least 1 month in advance of the festival

Can I bring a bag into the arena?

Yes, but as of 2017, the queues into the arena were segregated by security depending on the size of your bag.
    Even if you have a small bag, you are likely to be searched. Not having a bag does not guarantee not being searched

When will the stage times / days be announced?

Dates and stage times are not normally released until the week leading up to the event though some acts may pre-announce this on their own.

Will anywhere being showing "insert name of sporting event here"?

Possibly the Newstalk tent in Mindfield or your best bet is a pub in Stradbally but seriously, if you're more worried about a score than what's on stage then you need to question why you came.

Why is the line up crap?

Because you are a child.
    There's always something there for everyone, get your head out of 2FM / FM 104 and listen to other stations, recommend 8Radio and BBC R6 for a better musical education.

Am I cool or wha for lifting Deco on me shoulders during Richard Ashcroft?

It took every ounce of "I want to kill him but don't want to go to prison" in me not to kick the back of your knee whilst you had him up there.
    Don't do this, you look like a twat and it's a pain for the more crowded shows as most of the people behind you cannot move elsewhere and are not 8 foot.

What's the long term weather forecast?

There will be weather. No semi accurate forecast worth a damn is available until about a week leading up to it with properly accurate forecasts in the days leading up.
    All that we know is that snow is unlikely and a tornado would be rare.
    Anyone claiming otherwise is either a fibber or too busy poking round in chicken entrails to seek aid with their delusions.
    Villan (Carlow Weather) of this parish usually provides updates that are worth a sh1te in the days leading up.

Note: Most questions that get asked every year can be answered with a quick visit to official EP Pages such as https://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/camping.
    Hopefully this missive will cut down on the main FAQs and allow us to bitch at each other over our respective musical tastes and judge real hard at the bukeface whingers in a more productive manner.

=============================
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ON WHAT TO BRING

Mr. MJohnstons Stylish And Tasty Graphical Listing
    https://thedeskofmatthew.com/electricpicnic/

Note: The camping guide in this link can no longer be considered to be up to date due to the moving around of campsites. It could be still accurate but we need the 2019 thread feedback to consider it so.

Backup copy of this on g-drive (hope he does not mind)
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=16LcG90admLF4SNwqeiZHnvf9ZG40D_i_

2019 Map of the site
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pByMguyGgxYz-OTMcRLy3ygiu84Eaaxj

My Essay Of Stuffs
    1 - Ticket, the most important thing
    2 - Tent + Sleeping bag (unless you're posh camping it, in which case just sleeping bag)
    3 - Self inflating mat for sleeping bag (keeps you off the ground which can be really cold at night)
    4 - Walking boots (you're going to be on your feet for 3 days solid, racking up a lot of milage, comfy, protected feets are best feets)
    Note: Do not buy boots and break them in at the festival, you'll **** your feet up.***
    5 - Camping chair, see #4, when you stop, you will want to rest your arse, do it in luxury
    6 - Rain gear (you want to have it but not use it)
    7 - Hat, I bring two, one for the sun and one for at night (no hair = v.cold head)
    8 - Spare clothes (kept in car for emergencies), clean fresh socks every day people, even if you don't change anything else!
    9 - Fleece type garment for the nights (again, it gets cold down there)
    10 - Plastic bags for wet gear, should the nasty happen, you will need these, also good for tent bin.
    11 - Torch (I take two, a small v.powerful hand held and a head lamp type, might be overkill but it is handy)
    12 - Spare batteries for torches, I fit fresh ones in before the weekend and keep spares in the car
    13 - Microfibre Towels
    14 - Beer/Spirits
    Note: for spirits I just want a few whiskeys late at night so I decant my poison of choice into a metal water flask before leaving house, you don't want to be arsed with carting glass bottles down there and then having to decant. Do it at home and breeze through security.
    15 - Cold bag for #14
    16 - Tent food, usually just pack a box of breakfast type bars, there are so many different food offerings in the main arena that you are not gonna go hungry
    17 - Portable phone charger (aim for a minimum of 10,000mAh or higher (15,000mAh if there's more than one of you hanging off it)) and don't forget your micro usb/lightning/usb-c cables
    18 - Water, if you are moving all day and drinking then you need lots of water, usually pick up a 6 pack of 1.5lt bottles, 3 in car, 3 in tent (water is heavy so no point killing self carrying an extra 9kg in on top of the rest)
    19 - ear plugs for sleeping at night (boots have lots of silicon/waxy types)
    20 - gig/music ear plugs for those of us who don't want to go deaf
    21 - Lighter, even if you don't smoke, it's very handy to have
    22 - Cash, there are ATMs on site, do not rely on them to be full or not mobbed by the rampaging hordes of the walking dead trying to get cash out to get a cocktail
    23 - Small packets of wetwipes and or bottles of hand sanitiser to have on you all day
    24 - Packet of large wet wipes for quickie freshing up in the tent
    25 - Toiletries : chapstick / sun protection spray / aftersun (I got burnt this year and it was a godsend) skin moisturiser (you might be roughing it a little but you don't need to be roughed up), bog roll x 2 (one in tent, one in car), roll on smellies only, shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste, Pain killers of choice, a packet of rennie/antacid type thing and just in case a packet of immodium or cheaper generic ****stopper
    26 - Consumables : vitamin pills/ berocca type thingy for in the morning, dioralyte for with your water before bedtime.
    27 - Rubbers, you want to leave the weekend at the weekend, not have it follow you for the rest of your life
    28 - sunglasses (gots to be funky)
    29 - small bag for during day (do not use a big backpack in crowds, that's a paddlin)
    30 - neck gaiter/warmer can be handy in the evening if it's cold
    31 - camping pillow
    32 - small pair of field glasses are right handy
    33 - flipflops for shower time (best not to wear into the bogs though or to walk around the main bog areas in them cos squealchy)
    34 - Pair of runners to be left in car, nothing beats that aaaaaaah feeling as you slide your weary feets into comfy happiness on a Monday morning before you get nicked for drunk driving which leads us to
    35 - Alcohol breathalyser test kit for in the car, you get them in halfords, don't be a dick and ruin your or someone elses life on a Monday morning
    36 - Ziplock bags, they keep "small things" fresh and dry and certain smells in.
    If you need this explained then you may be too young to be going.
    37 - Reusable water bottle, they have water stations outside all the main toilet areas, you don't need to get ripped off for 4 euro everytime you need water.
    Keep hydrated at all times (makes for lesser hangovers)

And just to add a list of what not to bring

1 - CANDLES - be cool, don't be crispy, seriously don’t though, there was a horrific incident in Pink Moon a couple of years back. Candles and tents do not mix. Similarly for BBQs, do not use them right beside tents unless you want to hear screaming for the rest of your life. There are dedicated areas for these.
    2 - FLARES - be cool, don't be shot to death with balls of your own sh1te for being "that" tosser
    Some one let one off during Richard Ashcroft this year , they and it were swiftly dealt with and hopefully hoofed out of the event
    3 - GUITAR - any attempts at wonderwall will result in you being shot to death with balls of your own sh1te, no jury would convict the shooter, just saying.
    4 - SENSE OF SHAME - it's not needed for the weekend
    5 - CAMERA - live the bloody moment, don't try to be Senor Speilbergo capturing it

=============================

Questions on R-Word / Aphex Twin will be not be entertained and will be met with a brutal and bloody (but fair) paddlin.

Post event whingin about "hello Dublin" will also be met with a paddlin, we're a piss ant country on the outskirts of a collapsing mad house next door to Europe, it's not the end of the world that the acts are not geography teachers and they're not trying to insult you, get over yerselves.

Final Note: Clean up after yourselves, don't be a dick, everyone is there to have a good time and let your Ma know you're ok during the weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

It's no All Together Now...

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭exilec

Has the date been confirmed yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Great post. I've been to four EPs but never camped.

Definitely gonna go again next year based on posts on the other thread.

When do Pink Moon /Podpads etc start taking bookings and how much roughly for two man tent/hut?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Electric Picnic to expand in 2020; tickets on sale Saturday
    https://nialler9.com/electric-picnic-2020/
    “There is room there for a lot more people, I am certainly going to look to accommodate more music fans who are desperate to be at the Picnic, when you look at Providencia there is part of the field that has space for growth.”

Providencia was a new area that debuted in Stradbally this year as part of Freetown. But that statement is a bit worrying to anyone who spent a lot of time on the ground in the main arena where most of the acts are this year. Sure, the addition of Terminus, an 8000 capacity tent on the former Oscar Wilde campsite was added this year to allieviate the bottlenecks and spread out the site, but if they are to add more people then they need to move some more of the main stages out further too. The main arena was uncomfortably busy at peak times in the evenings and when a big main stage act was on.

Benn also says that tickets for Electric Picnic 2020 will go on sale on Saturday September 7th at 9am “subject to our annual statutory meeting with authorities on Tuesday.”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

HE'S ALIVE!!!!

Wait what the funk? Saturday, ah lads, that's not fair.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

It's no All Together Now...

I'm sure they can f**k up their traffic management plan if you ask nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

exilec wrote: »
    Has the date been confirmed yet ?

They have said on Instagram same time next year

https://www.instagram.com/p/B16OL0lgxDp/

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭exilec

Cheers . looking at a hotel or b&b . Wasn't sure if it would be the 28-30th Aug or 4-6th Sep

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Haven't been to EP since 2015 and thinking of making a return next year, but I'm 100% over lugging a tent around and trying to set up to be swamped out of it in the rain. (Oxegen 2007 I'll never forget). Going to go the boutique route I think, can't find any info on pricing online as they're not up yet obviously as 2019 is only finished. How much roughly is a 2 person tent in Pink Moon or Harvest Moon?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

This year was 330 for 2 man tipi thing in PM, air mattress is extra 40-50.

I was there the weekend but don't think I'll do it again, would try and get into Eco if your going and use the almost 400 to get so fked you'd sleep on a bed of nails ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

whelzer wrote: »

I was there the weekend but don't think I'll do it again, would try and get into Eco if your going and use the almost 400 to get so fked you'd sleep on a bed of nails ;).

:pac: Pricey enough but it's probably worth it for me as I can just hear my O/H now as she wakes up to her festigal clothes soaked and some fcuker pissing on the side of the tent at 5 in the morning :D

Snarky Snark Snark

whelzer wrote: »

If on yer tod or just with the other half, then a two man is fine, I survive in them and I'm a fat bastard. You can get self inflating sleeping mats for about 30 euro and they last for years. My vango one is going to be 5 next year and is as good as the first year I bought it.

Saves a lot of pennies rather than renting the stuff from the providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

I just don't know if I can do it! Despite living vicariously through you all for the whole weekend (and last year also but I was off Boards at the time) I don't know whether I'd be able for the crowds.

I did 6 in a row and I miss it! There's nothing like the buzz of a festival and I'm a music nut! Buuuuutttttt....oh I don't know! I'm very tempted but a little scared to jump back on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I just don't know if I can do it! Despite living vicariously through you all for the whole weekend (and last year also but I was off Boards at the time) I don't know whether I'd be able for the crowds.

I did 6 in a row and I miss it! There's nothing like the buzz of a festival and I'm a music nut! Buuuuutttttt....oh I don't know! I'm very tempted but a little scared to jump back on board.

Ah dive in. Regret's a terrible thing. In my experience, the thing gets better with age. Crowds zero issue for me this year, fine once you're not camped at main stage and why would you do that with so many wonderful little spots around the site? Do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

So they are sending out loyalty codes a few hours before onsale. Just to make sure that we don't have time to sort out the codes they miss/make the balls of?

I have about 7 purchases under my ticketmaster account. Automatically got loyalty code about 4 years ago, then didnt get any since. Had to harass them each year to get a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

So they are sending out loyalty codes a few hours before onsale. Just to make sure that we don't have time to sort out the codes they miss/make the balls of?

I have about 7 purchases under my ticketmaster account. Automatically got loyalty code about 4 years ago, then didnt get any since. Had to harass them each year to get a code.

To be totally fair to them I wasn't sent a loyalty code last year so I had to buy an earlybird at the standard price, I sent them an email to complain and they were very apologetic about the cock up and they refunded the difference between early bird and loyalty with no push back at all.

Sorry for the double post but there is a recipe for having a lovely, comfy weekend and it's a lot cheaper than boutique camping.

1) sign up for Eco camping. It's less crowded, quieter and cleaner than any other site. Follow BYEco on Facebook and watch out for the registration

2) buy a trolley. No, not one of the €15 luggage racks from Tesco, an actual trolley with 4 wheels. I got mine in The Range for about €60 and it's been to 4 festivals without any issues.

3) Airbed, Fitted sheet and duvet. I'm serious. I will never bother with a sleeping bag again. Duvet lets you regulate your own temperature so you sleep better and comfier - no more sweatbox tent.

Those are the subtle upgrades I've made to my festival experience over the last decade and you are guaranteed a good nights (or days) sleep. You don't need to drop 300+ on Pink Moon.

Snarky Snark Snark

2) buy a trolley. No, not one of the €15 luggage racks from Tesco, an actual trolley with 4 wheels. I got mine in The Range for about €60 and it's been to 4 festivals without any issues.

Covered in opening post

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

I'll come and say hello to the thread early this year...

Hello. :)

Here's another bit for post #1..

Flags! There wasn't that many this year, but we must remain vigilant and keep them at bay. Don't bring your "Happy Birthday Mary" flag. Leave it at home and but Mary a pint instead. This is not Glastonbury, and they look ****e there too.

Also, if you do get in to the ECO Campsite, please follow the house rules and keep the place clean and green. Every year there are a few chancers that think there is going to be someone there to tidy up after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

If only this wasn't a year away. If it was on today I'd go!

• Advertisement

Covered in opening post

For sure, I was more just summarising my own stuff. Your opening post is exhaustively reasearched and helpful as always!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Kepler21

You did register this year for the loyalty scheme, didn't you? There is no automatic sending out of codes this year unless you register before Wednesday 4th Sept. Hopefully they will get it right.

They also seem to be not accepting photo evidence of previous picnics (for online discount), so its either what your account has a record of, or turn up at a kiosk with your wristband evidence.

I have 7 wristbands, but only one online purchase, and my niece is getting married on Friday, so I'm not likely to get near a kiosk in time on Saturday, so I'll have to make do with the single picnic discount.:(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I am interested in this event that you speak of, but tell me, how far away is it in sleeps, and are those imperial or metric sleeps?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

MJohnston wrote: »
    Electric Picnic to expand in 2020; tickets on sale Saturday
    https://nialler9.com/electric-picnic-2020/

I wonder did he mean loyalty on Sat, or is loyalty on Friday and gen sale sat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Anyone have an idea of what time they'll be released on Saturday?

Snarky Snark Snark

Anyone have an idea of what time they'll be released on Saturday?

As per the above article : https://nialler9.com/electric-picnic-2020/
    Benn also says that tickets for Electric Picnic 2020 will go on sale on Saturday September 7th at 9am “subject to our annual statutory meeting with authorities on Tuesday."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Hi guys, I've been to 3 or more picnics so would be eligible for that loyalty discount. Only issue is I've only bought two of those through my ticketmaster account. Have the wristband from the other one so I believe I can turn up to a kiosk and be eligible for the discount. I won't be able to make it to a kiosk till the Monday, will there still be tickets available at the loyalty price?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Hi guys, I've been to 3 or more picnics so would be eligible for that loyalty discount. Only issue is I've only bought two of those through my ticketmaster account. Have the wristband from the other one so I believe I can turn up to a kiosk and be eligible for the discount. I won't be able to make it to a kiosk till the Monday, will there still be tickets available at the loyalty price?

They usually sell out on the day they release them. A few hours at most...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

They usually sell out on the day they release them. A few hours at most...

Ah balls, that's what I feared :(

Remember being able to send on a photo of my bands one year to get a loyalty code, pity that's done away with.....

Well on the unlikely chance someone isn't using their 3 or more loyalty code this year it would be greatly appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fafy

Not seeing the actual dates being confirmed here.

On the 2019 thread, a poster said the day after EP, is always the first Monday in September, which would make it starting on Friday September 4th

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement