Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The West campervan field is the wrong side of the site. JP and Silver Hayes? Meh. Huge hike to anything good.

East Campervan site at the top of the hill is pretty good. But you could be 20 mins walk from the hill. Utter pish.

Get a daecent tent, camp north of the railway. I've done all possible versions of this fest in my 14 visits and this is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Anyone know the deadline to register for tickets? I can't see it online. I just need to make sure all group does it in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Anyone know the deadline to register for tickets? I can't see it online. I just need to make sure all group does it in time.
    Online registration is free of charge and only takes a few minutes. We recommend completing your registration by Friday 28th September. Please register well in advance if you intend to book tickets in either the coach or general admission sales in October, to allow time to re-submit your registration if you need to. Registration will close at 12 noon on Monday 1st October, after which there will be no opportunity to submit/re-submit a registration until after both ticket sales.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

October 3rd for coach sale and 6th for general sale! Get yer groups together lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

Have tried for tickets twice before with no luck. Does it require a gang of you to all be trying at the same time? Or could one person get lucky? I've rounded up about 6 of us altogether to try again this year but I'd say I might be the only one dedicated to the cause

mossy464 wrote: »
    Have tried for tickets twice before with no luck. Does it require a gang of you to all be trying at the same time? Or could one person get lucky? I've rounded up about 6 of us altogether to try again this year but I'd say I might be the only one dedicated to the cause

The more the merrier obviously but its total chance. I didn't even get onto the website from 2011 to 2016 but 2017 and 2018 were as easy as buying tickets for a Richard Blackwood gig. Others couldn't even load the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

mossy464 wrote: »

3 years in a row i've been the only one of our group to get on and buy them.

obviously it makes the chances better if you have many people trying, but at the end of the day it's pure luck. 1 person trying for 6 people might be successful, while 6 people trying for each other might not even get the page loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

3 years in a row i've been the only one of our group to get on and buy them.

obviously it makes the chances better if you have many people trying, but at the end of the day it's pure luck. 1 person trying for 6 people might be successful, while 6 people trying for each other might not even get the page loaded.

Luck of the draw so. I'll also be in Portugal during the sale so will have to hope my mobile data doesn't let me down. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Anything to be said for trying for the coach tickets first to improve chances?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Layne

Still Ill wrote: »

Possibly. Might have a better chance as most people like to make their own way to the festival.
    One thing to be wary of is the times of the coaches. I remember looking a few years back and trying to match flights with coach departures was tricky. Was looking from Bristol. Maybe Google will help you find coach schedules from past years as a guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

i've sort of been put off by reading of lack of showers..

showpony1 wrote: »

Round_bucket_up_web_300x300.png?v=1554100025

There are showers in the Kidz Field and in the Greenpeace Field. Queues in the morning but none really after lunchtime ish

wood-fired-eco-showers-at-the-glastonbury-festival-somerset-england-DA7BXB.jpg
    the-greenpeace-showers-shut-to-let-reservoirs-refill-at-glastonbury-festival-at-worthy-farm-in-pilton-somerset-W11Y3E.jpg

Also showers in the Tipi field and Worthy View if you're willing to pay the extra to stay there.

Still Ill wrote: »

Of course. Why would you voluntarily reduce your chances by half?

I’ve never showered at any fest I’ve ever been to, it’s not necessary

MadYaker wrote: »

Cold bucket of water shower really clears up a hangover.

Its necessary if its 32c like last year and you're sweating like Joseph Fritzl on MTV Cribs.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭declanleo

Id love to go back to glasto! But the scramble for tickets is really off putting

After my 1st this year,I cannot wait to get back. Same goes for my missus,my pal and her bro who came from Oz.

Alkers wrote: »
    Tickets will generally be on sale on the first Sunday in october if I'm not mistaken. Haven't been since 2011 I think. Parking both EP and ATN with the hope that I tickets for glasto. Also have the campervan now so gonna make a week of it

We did this last year, drove Dublin - Rosslare, ferry to Fishgaurd / Pembroke and then drive to the festival site. Arrived 6am or so on the Wednesday and stayed until the Monday. Best way to do it by far!

How was it leaving the festival? Was traffic bad? Usually hear horror stories but didn't this year. We got a taxi to bristol airport. We were nearly as long going through security as we were driving there

The Nal wrote: »

Its necessary if its 32c like last year and you're sweating like Joseph Fritzl on MTV Cribs.

My mate arrived with a 2 gallon bottle. So cold but the best thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

declanleo wrote: »
    How was it leaving the festival? Was traffic bad? Usually hear horror stories but didn't this year. We got a taxi to bristol airport. We were nearly as long going through security as we were driving there

We didn't leave until about 4pm as we were getting the late ferry and there was no traffic whatsoever once we had left the site which took about 15mins

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I used to think this, then I went to a festival that had showers. It fust felt much better.

That said both Glastonburys I was at, I just filled water bottles and washed myself at 5/6 in the morning when most were asleep and before I went to sleep. Going to sleep feeling clean is super.

The Nal wrote: »

must be a lot of space in campsite if lads are standing around pouring full buckets of water over their heads!
    i imagine it could be massively time consuming to get to showers if not near them?

must be a lot of space in campsite if lads are standing around pouring full buckets of water over their heads!
    i imagine it could be massively time consuming to get to showers if not near them?

All you need is a few square feet. I use a 500ml bottle, dunk and pour.

Showers can be yeah and then if theres a queue its a waste of time but just do it on the run. They rent towels so all you need to bring is a small bottle of shower gel or whatever and if youre passing by have a look at the queue. Theres usually none in the afternoon onwards. Didnt bother this year though.

The great thing about showering/"bucketing" every day is that you dont need to bring as many clothes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Taylor Swift is back in Europe next year , could be a possible headliner?

I think were due a female headliner and Emily will want one to be female for the 50th I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,748 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Taylor Swift is back in Europe next year , could be a possible headliner?

Yes for "festivals" so a big possibility

just my luck i'd finally go to Glasto and headliner would be Taylor Swift

• Registered Users Posts: 5,944 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

just my luck i'd finally go to Glasto and headliner would be Taylor Swift

I assume your post was mainly in jest but if you do get a ticket and she does play, you will hear the haters (God I do not like that term but it is most apt. Especially in this case).

It was the same a few years ago when some idiot kicked up a fuss about Kanye West playing: For some reason it got a lot of traction.

She would most certainly be a valid act for Glastonbury. As has been posted many times by many people: It's not a rock festival. It's a music and arts festival and she would certainly be big enough to headline. She wouldn't be my taste musically but she would certainly be a valid choice.

No, even if she does play and you get a ticket don't worry. You can spend your entire time there and never see the headliners and still have just as much fun.

A few years ago, when The Stones were playing, we decided to go to The Bootleg Beatles instead. I know, we went to a Beatles tribute band instead of seeing the real Rolling Stones. But I had seen The Stones before and had no interest in seeing them again.

So tldr: If you do get a ticket and she is playing, don't worry, there is a hell of a lot more there than The Pyramid Stage. And for the love of God, don't start a petition :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

ohhh I didn't realise the 2020 thread was up!

I see all the campsites with packages tickets are sold out already... one literally doubled their prices for next year... packages starting @ £7k :eek:madness

My guy came through for us for next year (thank god) but it will be our last .. for a while at least - so it will be go hard or go home for us in 2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭Zardoz

cocker5 wrote: »
    ohhh I didn't realise the 2020 thread was up!

I see all the campsites with packages tickets are sold out already... one literally doubled their prices for next year... packages starting @ £7k :eek:madness

My guy came through for us for next year (thank god) but it will be our last .. for a while at least - so it will be go hard or go home for us in 2020

7k ffs .
    The price of those glorified tents is eye watering.

Be cheaper to stay in some swanky hotel nearby and get helicoptered in and out each day .

Advertisement