Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rammstein, Belfast

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Penfailed

bennyl10 wrote: »
    It depends on the artist really.
    Jovi had one st Slane also

I don’t see what else the extra charge could be for

The extra charge is only to be able to access the pit to get closer to the stage.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Penfailed wrote: »
    The extra charge is only to be able to access the pit to get closer to the stage.

Yes, same as a gold circle

I was saying I don’t see what else it could be

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I tend to avoid Belfast concerts for an unusual reason even though I live an hour from it, being in Belfast tends to worsen my depression seeing what happened to Ulster since the plantation and how my ancestors lost the war, yes I know I'm a deep thinker, it feels so English, I was at the airport last week and it really is a bit of a mind twister, going from a Gaelic settlement in mid Ulster to Engand in less than an hours drive.

I suppose Dublin is different as it was out of our Gaelic control in medieval times anyway.

Regarding ticket prices, that's an expensive evening out, It is costing me £140 to go to Lacuna Coil in Dublin and that's including a hotel room.

I tend to avoid Belfast concerts for an unusual reason even though I live an hour from it, being in Belfast tends to worsen my depression seeing what happened to Ulster since the plantation and how my ancestors lost the war, yes I know I'm a deep thinker, it feels so English, I was at the airport last week and it really is a bit of a mind twister, going from a Gaelic settlement in mid Ulster to Engand in less than an hours drive.

I suppose Dublin is different as it was out of our Gaelic control in medieval times anyway.

Regarding ticket prices, that's an expensive evening out, It is costing me £140 to go to Lacuna Coil in Dublin and that's including a hotel room.

That's a really feckin' unusual reason...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

What's Boucher road like, and what's the crowd like? I don't want any Nordie political ****e, I just want to see Rammstein.

I'm pissed we have to go to Belfast to see them after packing so many into the Point a few years ago - I'd be really pissed if they added a Dublin event after getting Belfast tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,684 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

hmmm wrote: »
    What's Boucher road like, and what's the crowd like? I don't want any Nordie political ****e, I just want to see Rammstein.

I'm pissed we have to go to Belfast to see them after packing so many into the Point a few years ago - I'd be really pissed if they added a Dublin event after getting Belfast tickets.

Peter Aiken was on today fm earlier and he was asked would they be playing in Dublin next year and he said no, Belfast only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

What nordie politics are you expecting to hear from a band that sing in German? I’m fairly sure you’ll be fine. A Dublin date is fairly unlikely I think Boucher road fits over 30,000 so I’d image they’d rather just have one well sold date on the island then barley scaping even with two just to appease Dublin folk who despise the idea of heading an hour and half up the road the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

What nordie politics are you expecting to hear from a band that sing in German? I’m fairly sure you’ll be fine. A Dublin date is fairly unlikely I think Boucher road fits over 30,000 so I’d image they’d rather just have one well sold date on the island then barley scaping even with two just to appease Dublin folk who despise the idea of heading an hour and half up the road the odd time.

Its not just the Dublin folk who would love to see them in Dublin. I'd love to see them, but I'm down on the Cork/Limerick border, and Belfast is a long bloody journey from here. 5hrs or so. Its not really do-able to drive that distance there and back on the same day, so my friends and I would need to factor in the cost of a hotel as well, on top of the ticket cost. Dublin is a lot more central for everyone on the island of Ireland, and we could drive there and back that night easily

Would be great to see them add a Dublin date, but I agree with you that's it doubtful that it'll happen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

What's Boucher road like, and what's the crowd like? I don't want any Nordie political ****e, I just want to see Rammstein

Defo go see as you clearly need to get out more!
    Its not just the Dublin folk who would love to see them in Dublin. I'd love to see them, but I'm down on the Cork/Limerick border, and Belfast is a long bloody journey from here. 5hrs or so. Its not really do-able to drive that distance there and back on the same day, so my friends and I would need to factor in the cost of a hotel as well, on top of the ticket cost. Dublin is a lot more central for everyone on the island of Ireland, and we could drive there and back that night easily

Would be great to see them add a Dublin date, but I agree with you that's it doubtful that it'll happen

I'm from Tipp, its 3 hours to Dublin from where I am an extra 1 and a half never killed me to take a show in in Belfast and it's a year away ffs!! :pac:

All there is whingers on this tiny Island a band comes back for the first time in 8 years the last being the only time ever yet they'll talk themselves out of going because it isn't on their doorstep, that would be ideal an all but come on.

What nordie politics are you expecting to hear from a band that sing in German? I’m fairly sure you’ll be fine.
    Primarily I don't want to have to worry about where I park my Southern Reg car. And yeah I am pissed to be going to a concert in a place where I have to be concerned about things like that, when they almost filled the O2 only a few years ago - their promoter has ****ed up here in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Primarily I don't want to have to worry about where I park my Southern Reg car. And yeah I am pissed to be going to a concert in a place where I have to be concerned about things like that, when they almost filled the O2 only a few years ago - their promoter has ****ed up here in my opinion.

And when was the last concert in the north where southern reg cars were attacked on mass afterwards? You’re just scare mongering at this point people go up and down for gigs every week of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

politics is only there if you go up specifically to find it and make a huge effort....otherwise it will just be a well organised gig

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Laughable, many from norn at that gig in 2012 hate to think what you and your mates did to their cars?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭dobman88

:pac: this is some load of hyperbole bull even for boards.ie. I go to gigs regularly in Belfast cos I've a mate from there so we go together and I've a place to stay if needed. Not once have I had any trouble, personally or with my car (lol at that btw) and I'd recommend anyone to go up for a gig cos the crowds are usually better craic than the Dublin selfie brigade just looking for insta likes.

Boucher road is a great venue, easy in, easy out and nicely laid out inside.

Unless you go driving down the Shankill blasting out the Wolfe Tones, you will get absolutely no trouble whatsoever and nobody will even.notice your southern reg.

Dolores summed it up better than I could..."it's in your head"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

The thing about Dublin people is they don’t realize how ****ing good they have it. Every single gig is on their doorstep, one gig happens to be an hour up the road and the moaning and bitching that goes on is embarrassing.

I could say the same about parking my car in Dublin and paying Dublin tax for hotels/pints.

Go away for yourself and have a reality check.

So don’t drive. You can get a 10euro bus, book a premier inn, and early bus down next morning.

It’s a direct bus to city center and all.

The thing about Dublin people is they don’t realize how ****ing good they have it. Every single gig is on their doorstep, one gig happens to be an hour up the road and the moaning and bitching that goes on is embarrassing.
    Where did I say I had a problem going to a concert anywhere in the Republic?

It's an hour up the road, with ample CHEAP public transport options if you so wish.
    zero excuse

Taking what you just posted literally you're either racist or a complete idiot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I've been going to Belfast every Christmas for the last 10 years and I'm there each time for just under a week. My car is parked on the road outside the house day and night and nothing...absolutely nothing has ever happened it. Same with my parents' car.

It's quite a strange thing to be thinking about in this day and age.

I've been going to Belfast every Christmas for the last 10 years and I'm there each time for just under a week. My car is parked on the road outside the house day and night and nothing...absolutely nothing has ever happened it. Same with my parents' car.

It's quite a strange thing to be thinking about in this day and age.

Assuming nobody is that thick we'll leave it at the fact it's probably a troll

Taking what you just posted literally you're either racist or a complete idiot
    Some of us grew up in an Ireland where we never thought we'd see the PSNI walking down O'Connell Street in uniforms waving pride flags :)

Anyway, the reaction here has convinced me to avoid it. A simple "No it's fine to park anywhere in Belfast these days" would have been fine, not the torrent of chip-on-shoulder abuse. They just about filled the O2 in Dublin when I was there, and Dublin is where the Irish gig should have been held to maximise numbers.

Some of us grew up in an Ireland where we never thought we'd see the PSNI walking down O'Connell Street in uniforms waving pride flags :)

Anyway, the reaction here has convinced me to avoid it. They just about filled the O2 in Dublin when I was there, and Dublin is where the Irish gig should have been held to maximise numbers.

They sold our the O2 without much issue..

But yes, if that’s your opinion, Belfast is somehow dangerous for a gig, you’re better off

bennyl10 wrote: »
    They sold our the O2 without much issue..
    It didn't look to me like a sell out - there were rows at the back free. Tickets were available until quite late.

If they came back to the O2, yes I think it'd be a sell out based on word of mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

It didn't look to me like a sell out - there were rows at the back free. Tickets were available until quite late.

If they came back to the O2, yes I think it'd be a sell out based on word of mouth.

It's a stadium tour and they've pretty much sold out all the dates on the 2019 leg (https://www.rammstein.de/en/tickets/) and certainly in the case of Milton Keynes it sold out very quickly and I had to be on the ball at 9am so there's no reason to suggest a Dublin show wouldn't also be a quick seller in the likes of the Aviva so it wouldn't really make sense to add a single small arena on a stadium tour (not to mention their current stage is tailored to stadiums and wouldn't work in an arena).

As others have said, you'll be completely fine driving and parking in Belfast and it's really not something you'd even have to consider in 2019.

Anyway, the reaction here has convinced me to avoid it. A simple "No it's fine to park anywhere in Belfast these days" would have been fine, not the torrent of chip-on-shoulder abuse. They just about filled the O2 in Dublin when I was there, and Dublin is where the Irish gig should have been held to maximise numbers.

Either you are cutting off your nose to spite your face...or you weren't actually going to go anyway. It's your loss. Belfast is fine for southern reg cars. The venue is spot on too. I've been to Foo Fighters and Muse/Biffy in the past and I'll be back to see the Foos in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SilverPenney

This is an absolute killer, I adore Rammstein (seen them live three times) but payday is a couple of weeks too far!
    Being from Limerick, I'm not familiar with the capacity of the Boucher Fields, would it be big enough to justify picking up tickets in a few weeks I wonder?

This is an absolute killer, I adore Rammstein (seen them live three times) but payday is a couple of weeks too far!
    Being from Limerick, I'm not familiar with the capacity of the Boucher Fields, would it be big enough to justify picking up tickets in a few weeks I wonder?

I would imagine so...but don't give off if I'm wrong :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 SilverPenney

Penfailed wrote: »
    I would imagine so...but don't give off if I'm wrong :D

Haha I hope so. I remember panic buying tickets for the 02 back in 2011 on the minute they were released, and then seeing them go fairly casually in the months leading up to it.

Advertisement