Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vampyr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just on chapter 3 meself. Have to head to the sewers. Expected
    to fight the sister at or after the funeral

I'm missing blueprints (presumably)for 3 meds. People are gonna die if I can find them!

I couldn't find them either migraine and 2 others. Apparently the pillar in Whitechapel supplies them if they stay alive. I had to Google it (the shame of it) and turns out they can be found on a corpse. Will spoiler in case you want to find them but I don't think I would have come across then naturally.
    on white chapel road, North/West of the cemetery, just inside the cemetery entrance, hug the wall to the right and there is a bit of a crater/ditch with a dead body who holds a recipe. Analysing it at a safe house unlocks the 3 remedies[/spoilers]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Fight with Fergal was brilliant. Took a few attempts till I switched to the two handed club and parried him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Its a tough game not killing people.

I ended up embracing the sad Saint. Dunno why as had planned on not doing any more kills (did one right at start) . Felt right though. Made papers again so obviously wasn't.

I ended up embracing the sad Saint. Dunno why as had planned on not doing any more kills (did one right at start) . Felt right though. Made papers again so obviously wasn't.
    I had unlocked the Turn option. Worked out really good, whole place sanitised and citizens very happy with Sean helping people. Looking it up, sparing actually does more damage than embracing. These choices are tricky :)

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I had unlocked the Turn option. Worked out really good, whole place sanitised and citizens very happy with Sean helping people. Looking it up, sparing actually does more damage than embracing. These choices are tricky :)

Didn't even know there was such an option. The combat can be very difficult. Those
    preachers with the crucifix and now ekons
    can be a nightmare especially when there's a few others with them. I'm wandering around healing everyone then I'm going to do a few more investigations around the docks. All investigations completed in Whitechapel. I had a feeling that would be the case re: what you said about the sad Saint.

Didn't even know there was such an option. The combat can be very difficult. Those
    preachers with the crucifix and now ekons
    can be a nightmare especially when there's a few others with them. I'm wandering around healing everyone then I'm going to do a few more investigations around the docks. All investigations completed in Whitechapel. I had a feeling that would be the case re: what you said about the sad Saint.

Yeah I looked it up after finishing the docs, apparently I unlocked the Turn option by talking to a few different people can't remember who or what was said though. Yupp, enemies getting tougher.
    The priest guys, I just use my ultimate on them straight away but I've had to retreat a few times when it got hairy. I like how the Ekons remind me of pvp dark souls, using the same moves as me :).

About the middle of chapter 4 in The West End. Have to say, I was expecting that District to be just like the others and thought it would be the usual, heal the sick and help the pillar but pleasantly surprised.
    I only met one sick person so far, Reid has a class mansion and the pillar is a very intriguing character. Ascalon club is interesting as well.

Had a side quest that ended with a fight with a level 30 Ekon, had to leg it but I'll be back. Left it at the Doris fight, getting my ass kicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Finished it the other night enjoyed the hell out of the journey , not sure I was fully happy with the destination though , would love to see this brought to the modern era for the sequel if there's going to be one

After about 20 goes in a row against Doris and getting wrecked, I promised one more try before rage quitting. Killed her in 50 seconds. Have a perfect barbed club and then a small blade and perfect shotgun as secondary. The shotgun absolutely melted her. Very handy to be able to quickly switch between my two handed club and the shotgun. Gonna use this tactic going forward.

• Advertisement

Came across a bug in chapter 5. Main quest told me to enter the mansion but the icon on the map was telling me to go to sewers. Had to Google to find where the mansion actually was and I entered it ok but seems a few people getting the same thing, just in case anyone comes across it here:
    when you get to the area with the church (usher is located under it), go into the safe house and edit the other side. In this area, the mansion is behind the gate on the left.

Chapter 5 question.
    I turned Aloyusus, headed to Pembroke, watered the plants finally and slept. Note everyone in every District is sick with 2 going critical, is that normal????

Those infectious skal that blow crap on you that whittles away your health bar are a pain. How do you deal with them apart from healing through the damage (which isn't always possible when in the middle if a tag team boss fight)?

After about 20 goes in a row against Doris and getting wrecked, I promised one more try before rage quitting. Killed her in 50 seconds. Have a perfect barbed club and then a small blade and perfect shotgun as secondary. The shotgun absolutely melted her. Very handy to be able to quickly switch between my two handed club and the shotgun. Gonna use this tactic going forward.

What did you find difficult about Doris? First time I got her to about a millimeter of health and one of the skals exploded and killed me before I could heal. Got her second time. Using fully upgraded two handed club.

Is there any way to handle those spewing and exploding skals that whittles away your health bar? Apart from healing through it.

I'm having a lot of audio glitches now. Dialogue cutting out for a few seconds. Bit like a scratched record only it comes back on where it cut out and lip sync could be over. Nothing major but annoying.

Chapter 5 question.
    I turned Aloyusus, headed to Pembroke, watered the plants finally and slept. Note everyone in every District is sick with 2 going critical, is that normal????

I embraced him. All my districts are healthy. Well some are stable but no critical.

With Doris, it was the clouds of gas shyte, like a quick death sentence. I had no health vials and zero blood going into the fight. I was 2 shotting the minions so didn't get a chance to take their blood.

I Googled it Aloysius and read that
    if you turn him, all districts go sick, like 95% of the citizens on the whole map and If you charm him, everyone gets cured. It's too do with his wall he intends to build. Bit silly it instantly takes effect overnight, everyone in side the wall gets sick as it's contained but I suppose they're trying to make you live with the consequences.

Just on the start of chapter 6 and I read that is the last time you can free roam and there is no playing once the game is finished so gonna do a manual save and collect a few trophies before finishing up.

Yeah the gas stuff can be a pain in the arse. There has to be a way to prevent it. Like the toxic hollows in painted world in Dark Souls, fire prevents the toxic. There must be something similar implemented in this that I haven't yet found. Re Aloysius, I'm almost certain I only had embrace or turn as options. Are you still in the Ascalon clubs good books?

I'm running around in circles at the moment. There is an 'event' on the Hud that I'm following but disappears when I get to within 70m of it. It's not on the main map. Any ideas what it is?

Yupp Ascalon club love me for doing as they asked. Yeah that event is there for me as well, other people getting it to and I saw a Dev replied to someone saying they are looking into it.

Yupp Ascalon club love me for doing as they asked. Yeah that event is there for me as well, other people getting it to and I saw a Dev replied to someone saying they are looking into it.

Did you
    turn McCullum
    ? I had to really haha. Great fight. Bastard destroyed me a good few times.

Did you
    turn McCullum
    ? I had to really haha. Great fight. Bastard destroyed me a good few times.

Nope, I spared him, figure/hope he might end up doing some good :) I finished him first go, was a fairly easy fight. Good sign when people are having different outcomes of battles, shows there are levels to the combat system.

• Advertisement

Chapter 6 is kicking my ass. Level 35 mission enemies I can't skip are wrecking me and the long loading times to get back into the game are just as bad.

Jesus the end boss is infuriating. Give me a dark souls boss over this any day.

Done and dusted, such a great game. Not one citizen killed.
    Apparently I got the best ending for doing so. the happy couple tour the world while working on a cure. Turns out by not killing anyone, you can convince her she can control her urges do won't have to spread any more sickness

Gonna load back to the start of chapter 6, go on a killing spree and mop up the last of the trophies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Done and dusted, such a great game. Not one citizen killed.
    Apparently I got the best ending for doing so. the happy couple tour the world while working on a cure. Turns out by not killing anyone, you can convince her she can control her urges do won't have to spread any more sickness

Gonna load back to the start of chapter 6, go on a killing spree and mop up the last of the trophies.

How are you suppose to level up if you don't kill :confused:?

You still get XP from side quests, boss fights, investigations etc. You're just not as strong as if you go full on blood sucker.

Yupp, like Doc said, did a lot of side quests and healing. I went into the last battle as level 26 against a level 35 boss. Was not fun and took a ton of goes but still the passive playthrough is doable and still a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

nurse crane, charm option, WTF did i do :D

nurse crane, charm option, WTF did i do :D

The exact same as me and Nick did :D fair close to my reaction below..

tenor.gif?itemid=4966568

Jesus the end boss is infuriating. Give me a dark souls boss over this any day.

Is that
    Harriet, then the red queens avatar
    ? If so I agree. I don't often rage at games but I'm actually ready to snap the disc in two. I've no blood viles or health viles and I'm fed up walking a mile to eat rats over and over. Think ill switch Dark Souls 3 on. Less stressful.

• Advertisement

Is that
    Harriet, then the red queens avatar
    ? If so I agree. I don't often rage at games but I'm actually ready to snap the disc in two. I've no blood viles or health viles and I'm fed up walking a mile to eat rats over and over. Think ill switch Dark Souls 3 on. Less stressful.

Yupp!! Absolute idiotic to restart after death losing health vials you previously used. I had zero vials and blood. Just constant retries eventually got me last the first, as for the second had to switch to my one handed saber which I thankfully had modded to absorb blood with hits. After a few slaps, I had enough blood to heal. Long battle of staying on the outside, zipping in with weak hits and eventually getting there.

Glad it's over but I'm cleaning up collectibles now and it's a nightmare getting around the map trying to find stuff.

Advertisement