Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bdgp

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Me too- dam departure reasoning. Aye she fooking died, she wasn't hanging around to have ghostie calves for us. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Me too- dam departure reasoning. Aye she fooking died, she wasn't hanging around to have ghostie calves for us. :rolleyes:

Did u ring to find out that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Did u ring to find out that

No, she showed up online as needing a reason.
    No 'Death' departure reason either :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭sonnybill

whelan2 wrote: »
    Will you still get paid?

Ah I will ya but as I haven’t done it before this round of prepayment checks I’ll be in next batch but I probably should have looked at the icbf sooner and I’d have been paid , ive a penalty coming too as I used 5 TVR straws and although I’m 100% ai usage you need to pick 80% of 4-5 star and he had fallen from grace due to high hard calving figures

Found out why I’m delayed , my stock bull got injured and I had no bull on farm 30th June , so I’m facing a penalty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

sonnybill wrote: »
    Ah I will ya but as I haven’t done it before this round of prepayment checks I’ll be in next batch but I probably should have looked at the icbf sooner and I’d have been paid , ive a penalty coming too as I used 5 TVR straws and although I’m 100% ai usage you need to pick 80% of 4-5 star and he had fallen from grace due to high hard calving figures

We were penalised a few years ago as I didn't fill out all the surveys. I now check every few weeks and fill in whatever they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

We were penalised a few years ago as I didn't fill out all the surveys. I now check every few weeks and fill in whatever they want.

Same here. I'd check in to ICBF regularly just to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

Showing in amounts due here at the moment. Just as well with the amount of bills I have paid this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Found out why I’m delayed , my stock bull got injured and I had no bull on farm 30th June , so I’m facing a penalty

My bull hurt his leg earlier this year and had to hang onto him to satisfy the requirements even though I was well in excess of all the other requirements. I'll leave him now till the date he has to be here and move him on then.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

My bull hurt his leg earlier this year and had to hang onto him to satisfy the requirements even though I was well in excess of all the other requirements. I'll leave him now till the date he has to be here and move him on then.
    That's an 'interesting' requirement for BDGP, i.e. that you need to keep the bull for a certain period of time. I never even thought about it to be honest and I suppose luckily I've had no reason to move my bull on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Didn't know that either. Last year LM was injured, and culled (fight, neigbour's bull broke in, only heard that much later), Anyway, no cow in calf by July, the second bull, easy calving for heifers was drafted in for Aug and didn't disappoint, only drawback was his calves weren't as good, and it showed in the sale price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Parishlad wrote: »
    That's an 'interesting' requirement for BDGP, i.e. that you need to keep the bull for a certain period of time. I never even thought about it to be honest and I suppose luckily I've had no reason to move my bull on.

You must have a 4 or 5 star bull in the herd on a certain day, I think? It's just easier for me to keep this lad and cull him later as I won't have the risk of bringing in something with a new bull. Or the cost either. I should have a few 5 star replacement bulls born next year so they will replace the current bull when he goes.

I rang them today and payment on way but 80% penalty imposed as the 5 no. TVR straws used bring my ai usage of 4/5 star sires under the requirement, I had 5 cracking bull calves and every second show calf in the country is TVR

#harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭tanko

I rang them today and payment on way but 80% penalty imposed as the 5 no. TVR straws used bring my ai usage of 4/5 star sires under the requirement, I had 5 cracking bull calves and every second show calf in the country is TVR

#harsh

It is harsh indeed.
    Would Elite Ice Cream do the same job as TVR, he qualifies for the BDGP.
    Wilodge Joskins could be another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Farmer Dan

#harsh

Is that 80% of your total or of that section?
    I think there is 6 or 7 different sections, survey, genotyping, carbon navigator etc

Farmer Dan wrote: »
    I think there is 6 or 7 different sections, survey, genotyping, carbon navigator etc

Just came up on my account there for the bull they took 1030 off me. What I should be getting is 1445 , nice kick 13th of June the bull was taken I didn’t want tom he lad to suffer he wants t improving

Just came up on my account there for the bull they took 1030 off me. What I should be getting is 1445 , nice kick 13th of June the bull was taken I didn’t want tom he lad to suffer he wants t improving

Would Some of that deduction be the genomic testing ?

Would Some of that deduction be the genomic testing ?

No that’s outside of it ,

tanko wrote: »
    It is harsh indeed.

I expected a penalty just not 80% , I will appeal it as unless they changed the t and c’s the penalty should be 10% for ai usage.

TVR was five star once in his lifetime but they changed that ruling too , he has to be five star in either terminal or maternal after a date in 2016

E1030 Is total

E140 genotyping

E890 I should get

They giving me E272

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Farmer Dan

E1030 Is total

E140 genotyping

E890 I should get

They giving me E272

Looking at the T & C again. You can see where the penalty is coming from.

tanko wrote: »
    It is harsh indeed.

Yeah I used him more this year on the bb x cows where I would have used TVR and I was disappointed with his first calf 2 years ago in comparison to TVR on same cow but in fairness in October he was a great calf

Looking at the T & C again. You can see where the penalty is coming from.

I was looking at original scheme bdgp t and c’s as published on IFA website but you are right I know they changed them once we were signed up , it’s okay for them to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Hurling Hereford

E1030 Is total

E140 genotyping

E890 I should get

They giving me E272

Stock Bull or A.I. Penalty? 60%:(

Stock Bull or A.I. Penalty? 60%:(

100% A.I 2018/19

Have a genotyped five star 🌟 char bull In shed for next year alright

100% A.I 2018/19

Have a genotyped five star �� char bull In shed for next year alright

Did you use all 4/5 star A.I. straws on your cows sonnybill?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭emaherx

Got call yesterday for a white tag inspection on Monday, guess my payment will be a while so. Also think one of the tags may be missing.

emaherx wrote: »
    Got call yesterday for a white tag inspection on Monday, guess my payment will be a while so. Also think one of the tags may be missing.

When I was tagging a few of mine the tag broke, you could say that happened. Sure it's probably months since they were tagged

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭emaherx

When I was tagging a few of mine the tag broke, you could say that happened. Sure it's probably months since they were tagged

Well that's what happened as they are crap. But sample was taken successfuly and sent off with the rest.

• Advertisement

If you genotyped the animals you were asked to do and sent be the samples to Weatherbys you should be in order.

Advertisement