Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

In other news cars are expensive - performance models more so.

Prices have pushed up due to the new emissions regime presumably?

In other news cars are expensive - performance models more so.

Oh Henry ......... relax.
    I wasn't slagging off your beloved Dagenham (Cork) :pac: dustbins

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Augeo wrote: »
    Oh Henry ......... relax.
    I wasn't slagging off your beloved Dagenham (Cork) :pac: dustbins

Go ahead...it's all good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Anyone ordering a MK8 ST for 2020? Any chance of any real discounts to be had?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Anyone ordering a MK8 ST for 2020? Any chance of any real discounts to be had?

I believe the price has actually gone up since last year.

• Advertisement

I believe the price has actually gone up since last year.

I can't get any prices from the configurator now. It's ST3 only available now I believe.

I just got a price from a dealer in Limerick. 31,750 in the below spec:

5 door
    ST3
    Magnetic in colour
    LED Headlights
    Performance pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

Are they still offering the 3 door? I usually don't like the look of 3 door hatchbacks but it's the opposite with the Fiesta, at least in ST form.

Yes as far as I am aware both are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

I have an alert on Donedeal to tell me if any come up second hand. Not one ever has.

Is there any even being sold? With the bould Boris determined to go in January we might never see many of these here. :mad::mad:

• Advertisement

I just got a price from a dealer in Limerick. 31,750 in the below spec:

5 door
    ST3
    Magnetic in colour
    LED Headlights
    Performance pack.

Any idea of the lead time?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

PCeeeee wrote: »
    I have an alert on Donedeal to tell me if any come up second hand. Not one ever has.

Is there any even being sold? With the bould Boris determined to go in January we might never see many of these here. :mad::mad:

I've seen three I think so a few are at least yeah.

Any idea of the lead time?

If you order now, I'm told around March for one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Abernethys in Cork had one a few months ago

SaintsYB wrote: »
    I've seen three I think so a few are at least yeah.

Really? I haven't seen one. That's good anyhow.

I defo would be interested, but no way new at 32K. In all honesty prob not new at all. I bought an almost spotless 2 year old 2016 off what turned out to be a totally sound fella. I actually felt sorry for the lad with how much he lost in two years.

Yeah two years old is the point to buy at. I bought a mk7 new and sold it 2.5 years old so I know what that depreciation days like but compared to others marques it's small enough. I've probably lost more on its replacment after a year and a half so it's all relative.

A 32k fiesta is a bit much though, I bought mine new for 23.5 in 2016

Yeah two years old is the point to buy at. I bought a mk7 new and sold it 2.5 years old so I know what that depreciation days like but compared to others marques it's small enough. I've probably lost more on its replacment after a year and a half so it's all relative.

A 32k fiesta is a bit much though, I bought mine new for 23.5 in 2016

Aye I remember, I was chatting to you on PM way back. Thanks again for that, you had me well prepped.

Some difference between 32 & 24 all the same. What would a two year old new model make now do you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Acquiescence

A friend of mine took delivery of a 192 st3 performance pack in Blue recently.

I only had a couple of minutes with it and didn't drive it yet but I wasn't in anyway jealous getting back into my mk 7.

I don't think the blue is the best option. I sat in one when they were released and thought the dash felt very on top of you, it still does!

There's a real cheapness to the cabin and switchgear that I wouldn't be able to stomach for 30odd grand, even the kick plates look cheap.

In saying all that I realise looks are subjective, it just doesn't really do it for me in that department. I'll see if I can take it for a spin in anger and revert back.

Did your alert go off? It's probably not an in-stock car though...

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/23765360

Did your alert go off? It's probably not an in-stock car though...

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/23765360

Yeah. Got it.

A previous model went up same day as well for big money.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-fiesta-st/23763822

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭CR 7

There's a new price list up, effective from 1st Jan, 3dr is €29,801 5dr €30,385(new to me anyway).

Is that a very slight price reduction? St3 only, and performance pack looks to be included as standard, but I could be reading it wrong. If they started offering the same €5k discounts as last time again any time soon, I'll be starting to be tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/23783454

ST 3 191 , no price listed though.

Bigus wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/23783454

ST 3 191 , no price listed though.

Almost rang today. Might yet

Yeah. Got it.

A previous model went up same day as well for big money.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-fiesta-st/23763822

Someone here owns that. I think I recall it being posted way back in this thread at a cars & coffee event in Limerick. Way overpriced given it was about 23k new 4 years ago...

Someone here owns that. I think I recall it being posted way back in this thread at a cars & coffee event in Limerick. Way overpriced given it was about 23k new 4 years ago...

Not sure if thus is the same one your thinking of. My old one was T reg so possibly thinking of that? Either way I agree it's overpriced especially since it's an ST1.

Almost rang today. Might yet

24k for a 2019 ST3 with 52km on the clock. I'm not sure what I was expecting really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

24k for a 2019 ST3 with 52km on the clock. I'm not sure what I was expecting really.

That’s a lot of miles for a car not even a year old.

Neilw wrote: »
    That’s a lot of miles for a car not even a year old.

Yeah. What's it worth in two years with over 100,000kms on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,112 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Here is the high miler for sale with better photos:

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2458081&r=s.php%3Fm%3D26%26o%3D252%26r%3D2019%26pp%3D50%26g%3D0

Nice looking car but very strong money given the above average mileage.

• Advertisement

That car in that spec would be 31k+. I think the price is fair enough.

Advertisement