Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Much preferred Crisis On Infinite Earths Ep2 (Batwoman ep)
    Even though I haven't watched Batwoman yet (Arrow was first, then Flash, then even though Legends was a lot of fun I tapped out after 3 shows, Black Lighting, Supergirl & Batwoman I missed out on) It just had a lot more fun crossover moments and cameos than the last one and less villain / plot explanatory problems.

The Superman Fight was fun and it's cool to see him back in the costume. The Very Dark Knight Conroy crossover was an interesting use of him plus then we got some Smallville, Constantine and even a Jonah Hex appearance

Plus we got Lazarus pit Ollie which should lead to a better send off for him when he eventually bites the dust again.

Kinda funny though that all the Paragons they had to search for were either on their ship already or a duplicate of someone on the ship. Oh and the fact that Alan Harper from 2 and 1/2 men is Lex Luthor (As said I never watched that outside of crossovers) made me laugh!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Ok I'm not gonna hit those spoilers I've not been able to watch any DC stuff this year gonna be a Christmas thing.

But what order do I need to watch everything in even the normal shows. Do I need to watch Batwoman??

I'll take answers by PM

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well they ended it for Christmas on a damned cliffhanger.
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Jesus, the first part of The CW's DCTV Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover.

Well they ended it for Christmas on a damned cliffhanger.

Yes that was quite the umm what now moment.

I've definitely liked the last two episodes more than the first however.
    Nice to see the Lucifer & Black Lightning crossovers. We do get a Flash dying in Crisis which was kind of what I was expecting and the Spectre thing happened a bit earlier than I was guessing but he is a character I don't know too well but kind of fits Oliver from what I know and will def play a part in resolving crisis.

One of the biggest things I am wondering about is what they won't be able to fix after this is all done. They have to be able to bring back earths for shows to continue but apart from just Arrow dying (the show is ending anyway) there should really be some consequences to this Crisis. LTSC had a point about Supergirl above (even if I don't watch it) and for some reason I am expecting some of their stuff to stick, like maybe that Argo place being destroyed

Yes that was quite the umm what now moment.

I've definitely liked the last two episodes more than the first however.
    Nice to see the Lucifer & Black Lightning crossovers. We do get a Flash dying in Crisis which was kind of what I was expecting and the Spectre thing happened a bit earlier than I was guessing but he is a character I don't know too well but kind of fits Oliver from what I know and will def play a part in resolving crisis.

One of the biggest things I am wondering about is what they won't be able to fix after this is all done. They have to be able to bring back earths for shows to continue but apart from just Arrow dying (the show is ending anyway) there should really be some consequences to this Crisis. LTSC had a point about Supergirl above (even if I don't watch it) and for some reason I am expecting some of their stuff to stick, like maybe that Argo place being destroyed

It definitely upped the ante with the Batwoman & Flash episodes, Supergirl while it had it's sort of consequences, felt more like a setting the table episode.

Think I read somewhere that Marc Guggenheim, one of the masterminds in helping bring Crisis to television, was that Crisis could be used to dramatically alter the status quo in the universe (kinda like how it helped clean up the comics continuity in 1985) which it's certainly done going by
    everyone/Earth 1 being wiped away by the Anti-Matter wave, with the 7 Paragons being sent to the Vanishing Point being the exception

As for attempting to fix everything,
    they'll obviously somehow bring back the multi-verse/Earth 1, which is what I think the Legends episode will do

I've loved the cameos so far, definitely didn't expect
    Lucifer
    though,
    Black Lightning
    before The Flash hour was expected.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable could explain
    Oliver's new role as The Spectre

• Advertisement

It definitely upped the ante with the Batwoman & Flash episodes, Supergirl while it had it's sort of consequences, felt more like a setting the table episode.

Think I read somewhere that Marc Guggenheim, one of the masterminds in helping bring Crisis to television, was that Crisis could be used to dramatically alter the status quo in the universe (kinda like how it helped clean up the comics continuity in 1985) which it's certainly done going by
    everyone/Earth 1 being wiped away by the Anti-Matter wave, with the 7 Paragons being sent to the Vanishing Point being the exception

As for attempting to fix everything,
    they'll obviously somehow bring back the multi-verse/Earth 1, which is what I think the Legends episode will do

I've loved the cameos so far, definitely didn't expect
    Lucifer
    though,
    Black Lightning
    before The Flash hour was expected.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable could explain
    Oliver's new role as The Spectre

Not sure If I am more knowledgeable than you but I believe
    He is the embodiment of Justice for the multiverse and a kind of overseer figure. He is powerfull and will play a part in taking on the Anti-monitor to set things right before Crisis is over.

It's a poweful role that could allow Amell to cameo in any of the shows if they want him to in the future but it would probably be very very occasional, and yes he is still dead afaik despite fulfilling this role.

My problem with all this stuff is the bad guys. I mean I read up a bit on the Anti-Monitor before and essentially this is an explainer for him:
    The Anti-Monitor was born as a person named Mobius on the planet Cord. He wanted to find the Anti-Life equation so he built the mobius chair, but when he found the Anti-Life equation it cursed him and turned him into the anti-monitor you've seen on the show that wants to wipe out the multiverse and replace it with 1 antimatter universe. To do so he created an Anti Matter wave being shot from an Anti-Matter gun

Bleugh! That just sounds like 100% unrelatable nonsense... and I've read New Gods

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Oh the Monitor and Anti Monitor now have a new origin story in the comics.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Guesswork.
    I loved they destroyed Supergirl's earth from the point of view of seeing how the show would deal with it, but once Black Lightning's world went, I hit a point of realizing that there'll be some level of reversing the damage.

Obviously became way clearer when Earth 1 and 905 of the Arrowverse's heroes went too....

I'm presuming that they'll use the Book of Destiny to undone most of it, but (using a bit of the comic knowledge I have), I presume they will still condense everything to one Earth. Have it that they rebuild Earth with all of their shows blended onto one planet, so Supergirl and Co. get to keep all their sets, plots, etc, but now it's the same universe as everything else.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Guesswork.
    I loved they destroyed Supergirl's earth from the point of view of seeing how the show would deal with it, but once Black Lightning's world went, I hit a point of realizing that there'll be some level of reversing the damage.

Obviously became way clearer when Earth 1 and 905 of the Arrowverse's heroes went too....

I'm presuming that they'll use the Book of Destiny to undone most of it, but (using a bit of the comic knowledge I have), I presume they will still condense everything to one Earth. Have it that they rebuild Earth with all of their shows blended onto one planet, so Supergirl and Co. get to keep all their sets, plots, etc, but now it's the same universe as everything else.

Is the
    Book Of Destiny
    still in play though?,
    wasn't it on the Earth-74 Waverider when everyone else got erased from existence by the Anti-Matter wave in The Flash episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Price of Fame the Ted DiBiase documentary is on Prime.

That links to quite a few wrestling doc's. of the cheap kind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,988 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Watched the first episode of Picard. I won't spoil anything but will just say
    nice suplex

Literally cheering during an episode of Doctor Who tonight. :D

Because it was good or because they got rid of Ryan and maybe one other companion? :)

Must watch it later

Nah, the companions are still very passive.

But it was easily the best episode Jodie has had to date. Felt like it was going to be a filler episode when they introduced the premise, and instead turned into just a brilliant episode I can’t really describe much more without spoiling.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Nah, the companions are still very passive.

But it was easily the best episode Jodie has had to date. Felt like it was going to be a filler episode when they introduced the premise, and instead turned into just a brilliant episode I can’t really describe much more without spoiling.
    I haven't seen any of this season can't wait!

I haven't seen any of this season can't wait!

Bar one episode, it’s been way more “Doctor Who” this season. There’s one really bad episode, but then a great mix of the campiness that Who thrives with.

Silly but fun, moments of darkness but real grit from Jodie, and a real embrace of the lore behind the Doctor.

I agree. It was a really good episode

As usual sooo ridiculous but looks like fun, looks like a very big role for Cena too

if you care about spoilers... well you probably won't be able to avoid these before the actual movie but... don't watch

^ Will it do as well or better money wise than Hobbs and Shaw
    I always though Diesel and Cena could be brothers
    :D

• Advertisement

Won't watch the trailer but I'm guessing there's something about family

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Won't watch the trailer but I'm guessing there's something about family

Dom is all about family

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dom is all about family

From watching the trailer I can see the ending coming a mile off

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    From watching the trailer I can see the ending coming a mile off

Face turn ahoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Loughc wrote: »
    Face turn ahoy!
    Cenas character will sacrifice himself to save his brother, who was never again to him but Family

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Fast 10: once in a lifetime 3

sky88 wrote: »
    Fast 10: once in a lifetime 3

Dom's nemesis is played by Becky Lynch :p

But seriously
    Vin Diesel has confirmed that his all-female Fast & Furious spinoff is still in the works at Universal Pictures

https://in.ign.com/movie/144415/news/vin-diesel-confirms-all-female-fast-furious-spinoff

Does anyone here watch the flash/Supergirl/Arrow etc...

I haven't seen this seasons yet and want to know the best order to watch them in to get the best of the huge crossover event

The order of the 5 part crossover was Supergirl, Batwoman, Flash, Arrow, Legends

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The order of the 5 part crossover was Supergirl, Batwoman, Flash, Arrow, Legends

Thanks! Do I need to watch all the series of each beforehand? I like flash, arrow, and Supergirl and legends. I don't have time for Batwoman and possibly black lightning

Advertisement