Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Accident

Options
  • 05-12-2019 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

pretty straight forward , she admitted liability have all insurance details etc

not miuch damage as it was in a carpark and she hit the rear driver side as i was pulling into a parking spot

my issue is ............ ive had previous back issues ( anybody who searches my posts about 3.5 years ago will see this ) i had a microdiscectomy ( piece of one of my discs shaved off to release pressure on sciatica etc ) ive been fine since april 2016 largly , but since this shunt this morning my lower back is feeling a tiny bit sore , now it could totally be nothing and not sore to need meds

would i be best waiting till after weekend to see how it settlesdown and go from there ?

also regarding the damage , am i right that i can choose where and who repairs it and not a garage that she suggests ?

Comments

what do you want to gain from this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Go through the insurance for a start. Particularly if you think there might be a chance of you having to put a PI claim through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

what do you want to gain from this ?

repair my bumper is all

not looking to clean anybody out lol

also wanna make sure my backs ok

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Go through the insurance for a start. Particularly if you think there might be a chance of you having to put a PI claim through.

even with minimal damage ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Always go through insurance. People change their stories later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Yes. The other driver can settle with the insurance company. At best you can open the claim on their insurance and make no claim if they settle the damage. You will be opening it and allowing for any PI claim to be made later if needed.

Nothing wrong with doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

And yes, you get to pick where to get the repairs done. You can be nice, and give her the option of paying, but at the first suggestion you should get a second quote, or go to one of her friends, you drop that option and go through her insurance.

If you do opt to go through her insurance, then depending on the cost, they might want to have an assessor look at the car before you get the repairs done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

The priority in relation to your back is to attend your doctor for a proper examination and medical diagnosis first. That should help clarify whether or not there is anything to worry about. This would be prudent in light of the medical history relating to your back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement