Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for faster planting

• 07-12-2019 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Howdy,
    I'm doing a bit of planting at the moment, 'tis the season... I'm three weeks in, getting faster and more efficient, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips and tricks for speeding up a little. My first day it put me on my ass after planting 750, these days I'm up around 1200-1600 in the ground if conditions are good, but I don't see how I can keep up with the guys who can get the same number down in half the time, or clock up over 2000 in a day.
    I've just invested in a lighter and sharper spade, and I'm trying to copy the techniques the other guys use. On day one, I was poking some of the bloody trees into the holes with my bare hands, like I was fingerbanging Mary Jane Rottencrotch, but now I'm down with the method of sliding it in gently with the back of the spade, like your pushing a fried egg around a teflon frying pan with a metal spatula. But any other advice people could give me would be gratefully received. I'm staying fed and watered, obviously.

Cheers dudes.

PS
    Oh, and for the staff party at Christmas, I've been given the other new guy as the secret santa, because we both started after they've already done the draw for everyone else. Budget is 10 euro. What would you get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

Treat him to a weekend planting trees in the fresh air.

2 birds one stone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

What kind of ground and trees, for 2000 plants a day

Advertisement