Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is there such a thing as.....

• 19-11-2019 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

The perfect camera bag?

In the market for a new camera bag so researching like crazy, reading online reviews, watching countless reviews on Utube's, head is melted:confused:

Looking for mostly outdoors with the ability to carry a little more than photography gear. Water, food, extra layers etc, etc
    Had a Tenba, Lowpro and a Vanguard

7D Mark 2, 70-200, 100-400, 17-55, 90mm Macro, 10-18mm, Lee filter set and various bits and bobs.
    I like to leave my gear in the bag and remove what I don't need before I head out...odd like that :o

Lowepro, Thinktank(Mindshift), Shimoda, Vanguard, Monfrotto, Tenba,Fstop.....and on and on...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

What type of work do you do?

If I know I'm going to a portrait gig I'll only take two lenses in the bag, but I'd still have lights, softbox and backdrop. But if I'm going to a property shoot, I'll just have a 50 and a 16 - 34 F4.. no speedlights, no studio lights, no long lenses, not macros. Maybe a spare body.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Landscape,Nature, macro gets me outdoors

Landscape,Nature, macro gets me outdoors

Oh right!! Landrover Defender and a few bags in that case!!

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Oh right!! Landrover Defender and a few bags in that case!!
    Haha yeah I know the feeling.

Haha yeah I know the feeling.

The stuff of dreams in Ireland!

There's no bag that you can carry that will carry everything AND hiking gear. I've a big Lowe-pro bag that carries the telephoto, the 50 1.2, the 35 1.2, the 16-34 fixed F4, the super wide, a speed light, A canon 5D IV and a spare one, a light metre, batteries for everything, MacBook & tether cable, pen & notebook, marker, two reflectors with a Manfrotto (carbon, so it's light) attached to the side. AND LOTS OF PADDING.

I can barely walk 100 metres with the thing.

All my stuff is commercial. Never get cool nature assignments. The closest I get to nature shots are dead animals in the form of food! Camera actually smells of fish from a two day food shoot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

what you need is a yak! or more realistically a donkey to carry all your gear.

what about a second bag for the extra a large bumbag or those bags that hang off your belt to put your food and water and an extra fleece.

Think I found the one for me!!
    https://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/backlight-26l?variant=8694375710811

Great reviews and not massive but enough space for what I need...I hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Think I found the one for me!!
    https://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/backlight-26l?variant=8694375710811

Great reviews and not massive but enough space for what I need...I hope :)
    Have you looked at the 36l or the Elite 45l. I'm looking at them at the moment for myself (and hopefully can check them out on Friday in my local shop) with similar gear to you and I would think the 26l might be a little bit too small. But otherwise a great bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

This is the one I use George and I find it very good. There's a newer version of it available now but is a good deal more expensive. Plenty of space for camera gear and a small lunch. Can hold tripod and has a waterproof cover folded away.

Lowepro Pro Trekker 450 AW Bag... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ODEYT42?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Advertisement