Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post your Tracks - Give Feedback here

• 05-06-2009 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭

Okay

Going from Seannash's thread earlier here is a thread for you to post your tracks, and also for forum users to give feedback.

You dont have to like the track, but we do ask when giving feedback to keep it constructive. One liner reviews like 'track is a load of crap' are not welcome here. Give some reasons as to why you dont like it, even better give some ideas on how the producer might improve it.

Producers - Be a bit thick skinned please, remember your track isnt always going to a masterpiece. There is always room for improvement.

In thread bitching and fighting, or acting the tool Is a sure fire way to get a forced break from the forum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

KevIRL wrote: »
    Okay

Going from Seannash's thread earlier here is a thread for you to post your tracks, and also for forum users to give feedback.

You dont have to like the track, but we do ask when giving feedback to keep it constructive. One liner reviews like 'track is a load of crap' are not welcome here. Give some reasons as to why you dont like it, even better give some ideas on how the producer might improve it.

Producers - Be a bit thick skinned please, remember your track isnt always going to a masterpiece. There is always room for improvement.

In thread bitching and fighting, or acting the tool Is a sure fire way to get a forced break from the forum

Sounds like a good idea.
    To add to this, we can all appreciate constructive criticism which should help us all make better music, which can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Fresh off the cutting room floor (as in it was finished yesterday)

Soundcloud linky - dj's pm me for 320 promo

Compliments, criticism, queries welcome.
    A healthy dose of abuse even more so.:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

jtsuited wrote: »

i absolutely love this track.was playing it all day yesterday

one of your finest i reckon

okay so i know i posted this already but what the hell

http://soundcloud.com/seannash/sean-nash-sedation-original-mix-demo

im really pleased with how this one turned out.my only real concern is the snare.i gonna wait a few days and go back to it and see if its still bothering me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

seannash wrote: »
    i absolutely love this track.was playing it all day yesterday

one of your finest i reckon

Yeah.. +1

Thats a tough one to compete against Man! Play fair! LOL ;)

• Advertisement

thanks guys. it's one i'm very happy with at the moment. i'm sure in two weeks i'll hate it!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭fitz

I like this a lot.
    The depth of the track is cracking. Brilliant use of reverbs.

fitz wrote: »
    I like this a lot.
    The depth of the track is cracking. Brilliant use of reverbs.

thanks man. the whole reverb thing is the sort of staple of that genre at the moment.

okay so i know i posted this already but what the hell

http://soundcloud.com/seannash/sean-nash-sedation-original-mix-demo

im really pleased with how this one turned out.my only real concern is the snare.i gonna wait a few days and go back to it and see if its still bothering me

the new kick and reverb instead of delay really improves it. mix might be a bit bass heavy. snare is a little on the nasty side. personally i'd go for a clap for that type of track to fill out the impact range a bit.

but that's all taste issues anywho
    good shtuff

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

thanks guys. it's one i'm very happy with at the moment. i'm sure in two weeks i'll hate it!

Ha, thats always the way tho isnt it? ;)

Its a cool track alright, production wise its truly brilliant, nice and polished sound. Drum work is great.

Id personally prefer a bigger room version of the track, the constant rhythm is very pounding i think this could be complemented a bit more with bigger breakdowns and a more intense kick in at the end. Thats just personal taste tho i guess.

Very cool tho nonetheless

• Advertisement

SteveDon wrote: »
    Ha, thats always the way tho isnt it? ;)

Its a cool track alright, production wise its truly brilliant, nice and polished sound. Drum work is great.

Id personally prefer a bigger room version of the track, the constant rhythm is very pounding i think this could be complemented a bit more with bigger breakdowns and a more intense kick in at the end. Thats just personal taste tho i guess.

Very cool tho nonetheless
    yeah, I'm always tempted to push the big room epicness button, and held back in this track. I'll most likely do a big version for the release too. With big fcuk off cannons, and explosions and 2 minute filter sweeps, and whatnot!:pac::pac:

yeah, I'm always tempted to push the big room epicness button, and held back in this track. I'll most likely do a big version for the release too. With big fcuk off cannons, and explosions and 2 minute filter sweeps, and whatnot!:pac::pac:

Now thats what im talking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

And not forgetting a Donk of course.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    And not forgetting a Donk of course.

oh that goes without saying!

the new kick and reverb instead of delay really improves it. mix might be a bit bass heavy. snare is a little on the nasty side. personally i'd go for a clap for that type of track to fill out the impact range a bit.

but that's all taste issues anywho
    good shtuff
    yeah that snare has been niggling at me all day today.ill have to change it out.

yeah that snare has been niggling at me all day today.ill have to change it out.

and then you'll change it out.

and you'll realise 'hmmmm, now i don't think the hats suit the snare'. so you change them. and then you think the bass doesn't sound right with the new hats and snare (and they're completely rocking because ya just put them in now). And soon you've created some sort of acid/funky/bigroom/ethnic jam involving field recordings of antarctica and real whales....

and all ya wanted was a different snare drum!

and then you'll change it out.

and you'll realise 'hmmmm, now i don't think the hats suit the snare'. so you change them. and then you think the bass doesn't sound right with the new hats and snare (and they're completely rocking because ya just put them in now). And soon you've created some sort of acid/funky/bigroom/ethnic jam involving field recordings of antarctica and real whales....

and all ya wanted was a different snare drum!
    no im just gonna do a nice clap.ive moved onto a new project so theres no going back after this clap.
    (well unless it doesnt work out,the clap i mean)

oh will i tell you whats been bugging the crap out of me today.
    trying to figure out the midi notes on your bassline in respirator.i cant seem to get that rollin g but not rolling bass.my attempts are either too sparse or too full. grrrrrrr

edit:honestly just as i wrote that it kinda came to me and i think i figured it out ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

my first efforts !

3 tunes that actually got some way finished !

click to soundcloud

loads of room for improvement so appreciate some constructive criticism and comments (cc & c ?!)

as for genre ... don't have the foggiest

started trying my hand at this some 9 / 10 months ago, come from a more traditional guitar based band background ... yours truly the drummer (also a bit of triangle here and there) ... have always loved my techno, and pounding my feet to the beat of a sweet bass drum

so much to learn so little time !
    looking forward to all that this forum can be,
    tis shaping up fine

ta

Been busting my balls today and i managed to churn this out

http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/85168822/file.html

its a 20 minute excerpt from my live set which i will be performing next saturday in kennedys

Any feedback will be highly appreciated as im quite nervous/anxious for next saturday.

romarr wrote: »
    my first efforts !

3 tunes that actually got some way finished !

click to soundcloud

loads of room for improvement so appreciate some constructive criticism and comments (cc & c ?!)

as for genre ... don't have the foggiest

started trying my hand at this some 9 / 10 months ago, come from a more traditional guitar based band background ... yours truly the drummer (also a bit of triangle here and there) ... have always loved my techno, and pounding my feet to the beat of a sweet bass drum

so much to learn so little time !
    looking forward to all that this forum can be,
    tis shaping up fine

ta

not sure how experienced you are so hope this doesn't sound patronising -

dude, you have so much potential in those tracks there!!!
    like structurally they are perfect, and musically they're well up to scratch with anything else.
    think they're not being done justice though because of some dodgy sounds.

If you tweak/change the actual sounds and leave the structure and musical arrangement, you could really be on to something good. Just a question of timbre. And that's the fun stuff anywho.

Really good ideas in the tracks, fair play.

btw, I, like yourself, also come from a more traditional rock music background (singer, guitarist, bassist, drummer, general chancer). It's clear from those tracks you have all the musicianship you need. It's just a question of upping your engineering/sound designing game.

Hope that comes across ok.

• Advertisement

its a 20 minute excerpt from my live set which i will be performing next saturday in kennedys

Any feedback will be highly appreciated as im quite nervous/anxious for next saturday.

holy crap man, that's awesome. send me a few tracks will ya?

holy crap man, that's awesome. send me a few tracks will ya?

cheers again dude, will pm you some links tomorrow, need to but up the desktop and re up them!

that live set is essentially just one big long song, havent prepared any tracks, ive just been making it piece by piece

seriously great stuff man.
    was just saying to vinyl junkie on the radio sync chat that i needed to catch one of your live sets.
    great stuff

seriously great stuff man.
    was just saying to vinyl junkie on the radio sync chat that i needed to catch one of your live sets.
    great stuff

thanks man,

just been listening to your track actually and im really digging the groove youve got going

when it breaks in with the bass at around one minute the rhythm youve got going there is sweet, the bass is quite fat to say the least

and i like that synth sound thats introduced at around 1.30 and goes throughout the song, the stabs are also a thumbs up for me aswell

only thing i would maybe change is the white noise at the start, think it cuts away a bit abruptly, id like to maybe see a few more sounds in the main breakdown, but these are only minor gripes really

great track

thanks man,

just been listening to your track actually and im really digging the groove youve got going

when it breaks in with the bass at around one minute the rhythm youve got going there is sweet, the bass is quite fat to say the least

and i like that synth sound thats introduced at around 1.30 and goes throughout the song, the stabs are also a thumbs up for me aswell

only thing i would maybe change is the white noise at the start, think it cuts away a bit abruptly, id like to maybe see a few more sounds in the main breakdown, but these are only minor gripes really

great track
    thanks man.im gonna look at that snare i got and the ill shot you over a 320.
    anychance i can get one of your kitchen sync sets off you.
    youve wetted my appetite with that 20 minute mix:D

thanks man.im gonna look at that snare i got and the ill shot you over a 320.
    anychance i can get one of your kitchen sync sets off you.
    youve wetted my appetite with that 20 minute mix:D

This is actually my first live set, started getting to work on it about 3 weeks ago.

Got frustrated in the beginning cause it was difficult to mix my existing patterns together cause they were just too different, so i ended up just going back to the drawing board with the plan to make like an hour and a half of new patterns.

Previewed a different half hour of the set on the sync here http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1569093

Got about 1 hour 20 minutes now hopefully maybe be able to strech it to 2 hours for next saturday.

This is actually my first live set, started getting to work on it about 3 weeks ago.

Got frustrated in the beginning cause it was difficult to mix my existing patterns together cause they were just too different, so i ended up just going back to the drawing board with the plan to make like an hour and a half of new patterns.

Previewed a different half hour of the set on the sync here http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1569093

Got about 1 hour 20 minutes now hopefully maybe be able to strech it to 2 hours for next saturday.
    cool man ill have a butchers at it now.
    anyway to download this.its just streaming right

yeah think its only streaming man, ill send you a link to the finished set once ive got it done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Hope I don't sound like a prick but that sentence is quite comical :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

something ive been working on, had mixed feedback so far. some love it some done... but thats generally the way these things go i suppose

have to put it in code tags coz if the name

http://clyde.emireland.com/Geebag-C1ntface.mp3

Advertisement