Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNESCO Biosphere Discovery Centre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

White elephant, already a visitor centre. They could spend the money on real conservation at Bull Island!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

no opinion either way but I will say that that is a cracking image of Dublin and Dublin Bay

Seen loads of images of Dublin Bay but never one from that particular angle and aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

lawred2 wrote: »
    Seen loads of images of Dublin Bay but never one from that particular angle and aspect.

It's probably because it's a drone shot.

White elephant, already a visitor centre. They could spend the money on real conservation at Bull Island!

The old centre has been left to fall into disrepair, and wouldn't be up to 21st century standards I'd imagine. And while it's an interpretive centre, it's not really designed as a tourist attraction.

For the new centre, they say they have chosen the least disruptive spot.
    But is it still a bad idea to be bringing that many more people to Bull Island?

Will it have any affect on the the bird population, either during building, or afterwards?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 47,997 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

re the photo, if you right click to view, it's actually much bigger than the size it displays at on the webpage.
    though in the smaller version, the centre looks like a church, or is that just me?

• Advertisement

Yeah, it does resemble a church somewhat. The idea is that they keep most of the building low, apart from the tall viewing tower, which is designed to mimic the size/design of a lighthouse.

Advertisement