Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Making a move on a guy

• 24-11-2019 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody made a move on a guy they liked? How do I go about it without sounding like a desperate idiot?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

hugecrush wrote: »
    Has anybody made a move on a guy they liked? How do I go about it without sounding like a desperate idiot?

Why would you ever sound like a desperate idiot for making a move on someone?
    Just tell him you like him and would he fancy doing for dinner/a drink/do some hobby you have in common sometime.

Easier to tell him you're interested and know for sure if feeling is mutual than to sit around wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Youre not a desperate idiot, dont ever think that way about yourself.

My experience wasnt great, the guy was interested in me but when I made the first move it was like it went to his head, he thought I was way more into him than I was or something, thought he could mess me around and id chase after him, his behavior was really immature, unattractive and I lost interest fairly quick. He's since tried to get back in contact with me once or twice and we have chatted but im wary of him as last time I showed interest he really thought he was a god or something, I realise thats his own insecurities but it was weird. He also insulted me a few times, like he thought he could speak down to me. I genuinely thought he was a nice guy before all that.
    Something similare happened with another guy years ago.
    Maybe its just that some men arent used to women hitting on them but I felt that, from my experience, I now knew why women dont make the first move, its like it goes to their heads and they start treating you like dirt, acting like youre desperate for them or something or like youre crazy when you may only have said hello to them or sent a text saying hi.

My friend has recently had this experience with a guy who was mad about her, both of them are only looking for fun as she's just out of a relationship, things where going great that when she showed equal interest in him it went to his head and he told her he thinks she's looking for a relationship from him (she most definitely isn't) and he went radio silent.

Im sure its different for everyone but in my own personal experience I dont bother making that effort at all with men because it usually goes one way. They cant be mature about it and can be very insecure. Not worth the hassle imo

Advertisement