Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PDC World Darts Championship 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Lazarus2.0 wrote: »
    Schedule should be announced later this week

Or today even :o

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/11/27/20192020-william-hill-world-championship-schedule

Thursday December 19
    Afternoon Session (1230 GMT)
    2x First Round, 2x Second Round
    Justin Pipe v Benjamin Pratnemer (First Round)
    Ryan Joyce v Jan Dekker (First Round)
    John Henderson v Richardson/Suzuki (Second Round)
    Steve Beaton v K Anderson/Zong (Second Round)

Evening Session (1900 GMT)
    4x Second Round
    Chris Dobey v Meulenkamp/Robb (Second Round)
    Danny Noppert v Lennon/Rydz (Second Round)
    Dave Chisnall v Van der Voort/Barry (Second Round)
    Gerwyn Price v O’Connor/Kantele (Second Round)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I'm confident VdV will batter Keane Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/11/27/20192020-william-hill-world-championship-schedule

Thursday December 19
    Afternoon Session (1230 GMT)
    2x First Round, 2x Second Round
    Justin Pipe v Benjamin Pratnemer (First Round)
    Ryan Joyce v Jan Dekker (First Round)
    John Henderson v Richardson/Suzuki (Second Round)
    Steve Beaton v K Anderson/Zong (Second Round)

4x Second Round

god help whoevers going that day ha but you get to see beauty up close with big John Henderson playing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

That monday evening session looks good ☘

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

PTH2009 wrote: »
    god help whoevers going that day ha but you get to see beauty up close with big John Henderson playing

Justin in the first match is great. You get to have a feed of pints in early and then you can spend the next 7 matches watching darts

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I think I said this last year but it's incredibly unfair that some players have to play two games in the one night. This is the biggest darts tournament on the planet and it should be a level playing field for all but it's not. I would not be happy if I was one of the players having to play twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭lorcand1990

4x Second Round

Wow I'm there for the evening session, hopefully 2 Irish lads to cheer on!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Wow I'm there for the evening session, hopefully 2 Irish lads to cheer on!

It could be three Irish lads. Lennon, Barry and O'Connor.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    It could be three Irish lads. Lennon, Barry and O'Connor.

Oh yeah that's true. I just saw Van der Voort there & completely missed Barry.. fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I think I said this last year but it's incredibly unfair that some players have to play two games in the one night. This is the biggest darts tournament on the planet and it should be a level playing field for all but it's not. I would not be happy if I was one of the players having to play twice.

Just looking through it there, it seems Klassen/Burnett is the only match where the winner plays the same day.

Indeed the first two days sees 6 First Round matches out of the way, which feeds through the rest of the program.

Although playing twice didn't seem to harm some of the players last year; Van Den Berg/Aspinall/Dobey/Dolan/Searle/Joyce etc.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭shockframe

I wouldn't have an issue with playing 2 games on 1 night. Especially if I was travelling from somewhere like Japan or Australia.

If you won and knew you had to play someone like Cross,MVG,Anderson etc I'd nearly prefer to get it all sorted on one night. Very unlikely to win so less cost with staying over a few days and take the experience to future events.

Burness had the same last year, how unlucky. Didn't have a negative effect though he threw great against Anderson after beating Nicholson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

I’m over for the Sunday evening session, not to much to get excited about with that draw

TbL

Kevin Painter another player who lost his form and not in this years Championship

• Registered Users Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I’m over for the Sunday evening session, not to much to get excited about with that draw

TbL

Rarely going to get anything stand-out in the first round anymore.
    I wonder how far back in the player pool and still sell tickets Barry thinks he can go, I reckon he'll try for 128 players in a few years.

Kevin Painter another player who lost his form and not in this years Championship

Think he lost his tour card too

What level would u have to be at in the PDC to make a living from Darts ??

I wonder do some of the big names who failed to reach the worlds have something to fall back on. Lots of dart players seem to have qualifications in trades like plumbing, building etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

What level would u have to be at in the PDC to make a living from Darts ??

I wonder do some of the big names who failed to reach the worlds have something to fall back on. Lots of dart players seem to have qualifications in trades like plumbing, building etc

Depends on definition of 'living' I suppose.
    Heres the two year money list, doesn't include non-ranking events so the top guys will get more.
    Lots of travel expenses, though presumably most of the money is tax-free or lowly taxed.
    http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/Rankings.aspx
    £50K a year would seem decent to me, so top 46 at the moment.
    It may not be steady money though, some of those guys on that list got the bulk of their money from one or two good runs which isn't reliable medium-term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭boomdocker

US2 wrote: »
    Think he lost his tour card too

Wasn't he down in Killarney a few weeks ago playing in that BDO event?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Rarely going to get anything stand-out in the first round anymore.
    I wonder how far back in the player pool and still sell tickets Barry thinks he can go, I reckon he'll try for 128 players in a few years.

Yep probably right, not so bad for me but my young lad was disappointed

TbL

Used to always start on a Thursday night and will be odd enough starting on a Friday this year

How are tickets selling??? I imagine even the mid week afternoon sessions before Xmas sell quite good

A few of the sessions are sold out. Most sessions sell well and would be close to be being sold out.

https://pdc.seetickets.com/tour/2019-2020-william-hill-world-darts-championship

EDIT: Actually when I clicked into tickets for the semi-final it says all sections are sold out so maybe more sessions are sold out than it says on the home page.

And even if you go into a lot of the sessions that don't say 'sold out' beside them, there aren't any tickets available or else only family tickets left..

Not many are fancying barney to do much here? Think he may have a good run

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

US2 wrote: »
    Not many are fancying barney to do much here? Think he may have a good run

Good chance De Zwaan beats him imo. Chisnall and Wright would be next after that also so can't see a deep run

Degag wrote: »
    Good chance De Zwaan beats him imo. Chisnall and Wright would be next after that also so can't see a deep run

I agree, I think De Zwaan will knock him out. Barney has no fight left in him, he's already looking forward to doing the exhibition tour with Taylor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

I agree, I think De Zwaan will knock him out. Barney has no fight left in him, he's already looking forward to doing the exhibition tour with Taylor.

The ultimate embarrassment would be if Darin Young knocked him out. Wouldn't really surprise me either being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I reckon Young could beat him, if not De Zwaan will make short work of him in round 2, and I'm saying this as a Barney fan. He's done

• Advertisement

If young beats him I'll donate 50 to a charity of your choice. Not gonna happen. DeZwann isn't in the same form as he once was and barney always has an extra gear for the worlds. Think hell get last 16

Advertisement