Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Nalz wrote: »
    Are forensic files gone? Can't find it now, was watching them last night

Think they have podcasted the episodes and it works very well in audio-only, although with too many feckin ads!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I thought series 14 of Always Sunny was out today, got all excited to binge as much as possible tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I thought series 14 of Always Sunny was out today, got all excited to binge as much as possible tonight

We have to wait until Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Addle wrote: »
    We have to wait until Sunday.

Those goddamn sons of b!tches

• Registered Users Posts: 8,309 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Family movie night with the teens so we decided to watch The Prodigy. Big mistake! Scary as hell.

I’ll hopefully go back and finish it when they go to bed but it means watching it by myself. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

That Aaron Hernandez docs is fantastic.

It’s not as off the wall as Don’t F*ck With Cats but it’s interesting in very much the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,820 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

ShagNastii wrote: »

It’s not as off the wall as Don’t F*ck With Cats but it’s interesting in very much the same way.

It is very good , so fcuked up and sad in ways , so many lives destroyed , not least of all his own . Crazy , how appearances can be so deceiving .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Loving Sex Education season 2 so far. It's so clever! The music is sublime too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Caranica wrote: »
    Loving Sex Education season 2 so far. It's so clever! The music is sublime too.

Just finished ep1 of season 2. Love it. And yeah the music !! Just that look Meave gives and The Promise kicks in. Brilliant.

I've just finished Fleabag and dunno if I can handle another love story that ends up like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

ShagNastii wrote: »

I was expecting better, from knowing the story and from seeing a few documentaries on YouTube in past few years.
    I didn’t realise he was such a dope, he was almost childlike. I was expecting him to be much more gangster. But seems it was more a case of him not being able to control his temper tantrums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭joeguevara

New season of cuckoo was a let down. Nowhere near as funny as previous 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

S02 of Sex Education is hitting all the right notes. Funny and sometimes gut punching. As good as the first which was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Aaron Hernandez documentary is really good I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Phantom Thread

Fifty Shades Freed

Darkest Hour

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Big shout out for The Invisible Guest.

Simply outstanding,one of the best flicks I've seen in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭appledrop

Watched 'Dont f with cats' last night.

We thought it was brilliant. Very engaging + we had to finish it. Thought it was mad the way from one video clip the IT nerds could identify or narrow down where the person was in the world.

The mother is a nutcase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Watched Darkest Hour last night, a lot of great performances. Worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 14 (the gang is back)

The Longest Ride

added

• Registered Users Posts: 8,309 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Watched Entebbe last night about the 1970’s plane hijacking. Was good enough although the shape of the Israeli Defence Minister’s head had me baffled throughout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭appledrop

The Aaron Hernandez documentary is really good I have to say.

I'm not enjoying it that much. First episode good but felt second one really just rehash of first + probably doesnt help that I have no interest in American football whatsoever. One episode left. It's about a 6/10 at moment.

I thought 'Dont f with cats' was much more engaging. I'd give it a 9/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

peteeeed wrote: »
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 14 (the gang is back)

Delighted that Sunny is back.
    Dee's face is gone fierce puffy she must've had a bit of work done but I don't think it suits her

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I tried fall from grace last night. Gave up after 30 mins. Painstakingly slow, poor acting, uninteresting. Before I switched it off, checked reviews and saw 29% on rotten tomatoes. I knew at that stage I wouldn't be missing much.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Just finished titans season 2, love that tv show!

wasnt a fan of bruce wayne though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

SeaFields wrote: »
    I tried fall from grace last night. Gave up after 30 mins. Painstakingly slow, poor acting, uninteresting. Before I switched it off, checked reviews and saw 29% on rotten tomatoes. I knew at that stage I wouldn't be missing much.

Watch the trailer, it pretty much spells out the story and saves people the trouble of actually watching it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

SeaFields wrote: »

I check the IMDB rating before I watch any film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I check the IMDB rating before I watch any film.

If you think that IMDB and the film industry is not also a corrupted click farm rating method then you may need a wake up call. Check out some of the indy move reviews in particular, "user5536345 gives 10/10" "usere645656 gives 10/10"

Online ratings out of 10 for whatever product, service, art etc. are worthless to rely on how good they are. Critical reviews from notable publications are really the only way no matter how much or little you like them to get an honest review. IMDB is sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Don't fcuk with cats is brilliant.

Netflix doing a great job with documentaries these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Just got around to Dolemite is my Name. Great stuff with a fantastic performance from Eddie Murphy. Really enjoyable two hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

If you think that IMDB and the film industry is not also a corrupted click farm rating method then you may need a wake up call. Check out some of the indy move reviews in particular, "user5536345 gives 10/10" "usere645656 gives 10/10"

Online ratings out of 10 for whatever product, service, art etc. are worthless to rely on how good they are. Critical reviews from notable publications are really the only way no matter how much or little you like them to get an honest review. IMDB is sh*te.

Just like buying Google reviews from India or China, yeas I know how to spot the duds.

Advertisement