Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PDC World Matchplay - July 20-28 Winter Gardens Blackpool

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

What a game of darts! I fancied Duzza to beat him but still, WOW. I nearly cried at the end honest to God.

With Aspinal , Price , Anderson and MvG out, I think Snakebite is certain to win it now .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Fantastic match, delighted for Durrant.

Has silenced a lot of doubters already this year who said he wouldn’t cut it in the PDC and this really hammers it home.

He’s a top 5 player, maybe even higher. Bottle in spades, once he gets more experience of these noisy crowds and big tournaments he will be even better.

Great night of darts

Hard to pick between Durrant, Cross and Wright from here.

Nice to see MvG signing autographs coming off the stage and show Durrant proper Respect on Twitter. I don't get how people say he's arrogant or sore loser. He's class.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Nice to see MvG signing autographs coming off the stage and show Durrant proper Respect on Twitter. I don't get how people say he's arrogant or sore loser. He's class.

Yep, and he did a fair interviews afterwards, most of the top players when they lose to players ranked below them strop off sulking

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Bang on, MvG goes straight to his opponent after every losing effort and gives them a handshake, says well done, waves at the crowd and walks off. Can't ask for much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

The arrogance claims can come from things he sometimes says in interviews like when he has dismissed Gurney and Wright in the last year or two.

Maybe with so many interviews and such inevitable repetition it can be hard to stick to being diplomatic all the time!

I don't know if he checks the stats instantly after a game but he is very good at assessing whether he played below average or his opponent played above average in interview immediately after a defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Who do you fancy? He's playing the best darts over the last month. Easier draw. A final will do me because it's each way but I'd love for him to do it as a fan.

I'd have said Mensur to be honest, shows how much I know!

Draw has opened up big time now, makes things interesting as I could see several winning it from here.

NDWC wrote: »
    I'd have said Mensur to be honest, shows how much I know!

Draw has opened up big time now, makes things interesting as I could see several winning it from here.

Cross for me, but I struggle at a pick ‘n mix :)

TbL

Gurney won’t go any further with doubling like that!

TbL

• Advertisement

White is almost comical on the doubles, terrible stuff!

TbL

Great bottle shown by Ian White.

If Wright keeps up anywhere near this standard no one will beat him. Seriously impressive

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Savage stuff by Wright. Some performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Johner wrote: »
    Savage stuff by Wright. Some performance.

very, very impressive - keeps playing like that no one will touch him

Wright should be the favourite now. I fancy him to beat Gurney (who I backed before the tournament) and Cross and see the winner of Wade and Durrant on the other side.
    Michael Smith is there for the taking for Mervyn King.

Ian white is a strange case. He's won on the big stage with cameras on him multiple times, just that they were streamed not on tv. He's never reached a tv semi final . How

Duzza the favourite against Wade, how things change!
    Bookies tipping Cross to meet Duzza in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 fqollere

White stalling on the finishes

What was that all about ,was pleased he lost

fqollere wrote: »
    White stalling on the finishes

What was that all about ,was pleased he lost

Trying to compose himself, it didn’t work!

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Has to be a mental thing, he's played great all year on the Euro tour events in front of big crowds
    Seems he just can;t find it on the UK stages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 fqollere

it's like he's got backward gears

white had it in the bag

fqollere wrote: »
    it's like he's got backward gears

white had it in the bag

Agreed but credit to Bunting he stuck at it, hitting some important doubles

TbL

Wadey and Duzza will be like darting chess.

I think Duzza will average 10points more than Wade in a drubbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

King looks like he could pass out at any minute up there :eek:

Would like to see him win here but can't see past Smith.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Merv hits the front for the first time. Got to hand it to him, he’s hung in there well. Still a long way to go though.

Jesus how many missed doubles between them there. That was a shambles

TbL

Smith unplayable in spells and un watchable in others. He's improving as the tournament progress though.

• Advertisement

Smith unplayable in spells and un watchable in others. He's improving as the tournament progress though.

Pretty much sums him up, if he could have a bit more steel under pressure he’d be unplayable

TbL

Advertisement