Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What is Joe dot ie?

• 25-06-2019 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭

What is http://www.Joe.ie , is it a news site is it a branded content site, is it a lifestyle site ? it calls itself "The Voice of Irish People at Home and Abroad." https://twitter.com/JOEdotie https://www.joe.ie/about
    With a phenomenal 3.5m unique users each month, JOE really is the voice of Irish people at home and abroad.

JOE is part of your daily conversation and if something is happening that's relevant to you, we'll be across it with fresh, up-to-date and informed coverage.
    JOE has always been and remains the go-to place for viral content in Ireland and is your one-stop shop for news, music, sport, fitness and everything else important that is happening right now.
    I've tried to avoid joe dot ie as much as possible rarley anything worth clicking on but is it any more a less a vehicle for selling products then any other news org?
    Paddy McKenna‏Verified account @PaddyMcKennaReally thrilled that @ellenmcoyne is JOE's first Head of Politics. I'm pleased that the best young journalist in Ireland is joining JOE's brilliant content team, where she will be spearheading campaigning political projects on all platforms.
    is campaigning or journalism they are doing?

considering the stories that Ellen Coyne is noted for it seems that it will continue as Joe.ie
    Owner "see's his JOE brand become the media brand of choice for men the world over"
    https://www.maximummedia.ie/team/

curiously it not listed as a member of the press council http://presscouncil.ie/member-publications/web-based-publications

its UK news site is quite opinionated too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Is her.ie not their sister site for women?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Elmo wrote: »
    Is her.ie not their sister site for women?
    yes it is, it doens't list news at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mr Rubicon Conundrum

I check it occasionally, I like there 'movies on TV tonight' recommendations, saves me looking it up.

I also enjoy their quizzes, however, they cant get them right, they never put in the links to click to the quiz. They have been doing these for so long now, how hard can it be? very frustrating.

joe.ie seems to be a tabloid online newspaper. It's soft news really, I don't think they report on crime, largely sport, entertainment and as for investigative journalism!, they don't seem to do much of that, but I don't read this site enough.

It avoids anything controversial and everything that is done is great, there is no real criticism of anything.

her.ie seems to do the same, indeed many of the articles that appear on joe.ie also appear on her.ie, or a similar varitation that everything is good in the world.

Really inoffensive stuff. Other than the clear gender divide in both sites.

yes it is, it doens't list news at all.

Yeah took me a while to find it, sure girls their not interested in news, its under the MORE menu

https://www.her.ie/news

• Advertisement

joe.ie seems to be a tabloid online newspaper. It's soft news really, I don't think they report on crime, largely sport, entertainment and as for investigative journalism!, they don't seem to do much of that, but I don't read this site enough.

It avoids anything controversial and everything that is done is great, there is no real criticism of anything.

her.ie seems to do the same, indeed many of the articles that appear on joe.ie also appear on her.ie, or a similar varitation that everything is good in the world.

Really inoffensive stuff. Other than the clear gender divide in both sites.
    its seems to be have set up to be a branded content website more so then any other news site, it does had garda category at the top of the site, its very easy to repost garda statements https://www.joe.ie/news/an-garda-siochana

its seems to be have set up to be a branded content website more so then any other news site, it does had garda category at the top of the site, its very easy to repost garda statements https://www.joe.ie/news/an-garda-siochana

They seem to be getting into video and podcasting allot more.

Yeah tabloid is probably not the best way to describe joe.ie/her.ie more Branded content with inoffensive news reporting.

Their whole market is that you criticize nothing, you bandwagon and tweet to your articles “O.M.G”, “brilliant news”, “Cannot wait”, “you won’t want to miss this” and so on.

Their whole market is that you criticize nothing, you bandwagon and tweet to your articles “O.M.G”, “brilliant news”, “Cannot wait”, “you won’t want to miss this” and so on.

is it ? https://www.joe.ie/author/ellen-coynejoe-ie/205

The 1st article seems to be a report about an interview with the minister for finance by joe.ie, her reports are very irregular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,974 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

From listening to the work colleagues, is it not a place to see the latest funny video?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭dohboy

They are trying to move into campaigning newsy stuff, hence why they made Ellen Coyne head of politics. Though I doubt there are any other politics reporters there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

It's a site for morons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

It's click bait. No journalism, just copy and paste articles from other sites

It's click bait. No journalism, just copy and paste articles from other sites

It's not really. It was, but it has its own content now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

dohboy wrote: »
    It's not really. It was, but it has its own content now.

Maybe they create the odd article, it's still click bait. I avoid so I'm not really up to what they're at

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

I couldn't bare their Facebook account. No content of any substance at all. They are constantly click and comment bating. Asking questions like whats your favorite colour or chocolate bar from the 90s, so people would go mad in the comments and joe.ie's Facebook rank would improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

'Tag someone with a better left peg than Paddy McBrearty'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Clickbait merchants

Their facebook is full of lad banter, and they dont like being corrected when they are wrong

They post some absolute scutter and the boyos lap it up tagging their mates with the ok emojis and a big circle jerk ensues

one thing i will give them though is their TKO Podcast with Carl Frampton and the Football one with Kelly Cates are quite good

I couldn't bare their Facebook account. No content of any substance at all. They are constantly click and comment bating. Asking questions like whats your favorite colour or chocolate bar from the 90s, so people would go mad in the comments and joe.ie's Facebook rank would improve.

Content stealers and putting their joe.ie logo in the corner. Scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Jerk Off Entertainment.ie

people really need to read the OP not just the title

people really need to read the OP not just the title

Most folk commenting are just mouthing off as the thread has popped up on 'latest posts', I'm guessing.

Joe.ie

Extracting those funny videos from your private WhatsApp groups, sticking their logo on it and writing an article on it that looks like a five year old wrote it.

“You won’t believe what happens next...”

Absolute garbage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Load of *******.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

the fact that they rimlick a suspected double-rapist is also quite worrying

Rapist: *breaths*

Joe.ie: You'll never believe what this man did, lets all **** off over him notoriously

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Bdjsjsjs

Pretends to neutral or inoffensive but often, strays into incredibly biased and poorly argued opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Content stealers and putting their joe.ie logo in the corner. Scumbags.

In fairness they also steal their own content regularly :

joe.jpg

Maximum Media in a bit of bother over inflating its podcast listenership figures and other underhand dealings... https://twitter.com/BowlerDerek/status/1198633274333188098

• Advertisement

Advertisement