Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots Thread Mod Warning Post #253

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,453 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Patriots inactives: Tre Jackson OL, LaAdrian Waddle T, Ishmaa'ily Kitchen DL, Jonathan Bostic LB, Tavon Wilson S, Chris Harper WR, Geneo Grissom DL.

After all the questionables I'm over the moon at this inactive list. It appears we are healthier than we have been for some time. Go Patriot!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Patriots will win this comfortably enough IMO.

EDIT - wrong thread, sorry. I meant to post in the playoff thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Paully D wrote: »
    Patriots will win this comfortably enough IMO.

Why do you think that?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Why do you think that?

Tom Brady and his weapons. A healthy roster. A very good and underrated defense. The Broncos offense.

I'd be skeptical about how healthy some of those inclusions are, the O line is still a nightmare and the D has already shown it will give up the big plays. The Denver D is giving me heart attacks right now, the thought of Brady getting creased a lot is not a pleasant one and if they get the run game going I think its a very long night ahead.

I wish I had your confidence! I do have faith in 12 though so never count them out

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

I'd be skeptical about how healthy some of those inclusions are, the O line is still a nightmare and the D has already shown it will give up the big plays. The Denver D is giving me heart attacks right now, the thought of Brady getting creased a lot is not a pleasant one and if they get the run game going I think its a very long night ahead.

I wish I had your confidence! I do have faith in 12 though so never count them out

Not a good start, gotta get on the board on this drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭me89

Same story as last week, can't get off the field on 3rd down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,755 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Offence back to playing same crap as end of regular season

You could stick me in that o line and I wouldn't do any worse :(

• Advertisement

I feel sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Well ultimately this comes down to going 2-4 over the last 6 weeks of the season. The injuries are no excuse for those games. Sickening.

Will post my thoughts on some horrendous play calling yet again, but that's for another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

OL was a joke. Wasn't even a revolving door. Was more like a wide open door.

Blowing the number 1 seed towards the end of the season really came home to roost today. Pats probably win that at home.

OL was a joke. Wasn't even a revolving door. Was more like a wide open door.

Blowing the number 1 seed towards the end of the season really came home to roost today. Pats probably win that at home.

I hope we use every draft pick on a new o line. They have been horrendous all year

me89 wrote: »
    I hope we use every draft pick on a new o line. They have been horrendous all year
    It's such an obvious area of need that we won't pick up even one OL in the draft. Everybody is always wrong about the Patriots draft picks. Belichick is just unpredictable in the draft. :D

Feck off OL all of ye. The GOAT QB and GOAT TE can't do anything about that crap assembled OL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Cut the whole OL, ****ing disgrace. Cannon should be left behind in Denver. So angry watching that ****. Season gone down the drain because they can't give Brady 2 secs.

Who would have thought Ghost missing a kick would lose a game :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

OL and not fighting for the No 1 seed cost us a bowl trip. I feel that would have been a completely different game in NE. Not having to contend with High altitude and a packed stadium full of Noisy Broncos fans and a Broncos team fired up by being at home for me makes all the difference. The small things can have a huge affect on the game.

Our Oline is shocking at best and so many were confident with it saying oh well Brady will get quick balls out to JE11 and Gronk but not figuring the front 7 of the Broncos have won games for them. We were outclassed by their defense really. Add that to the above and it becomes a fight.

Hell of a season, all things considered a missed opportunity really but its very hard to fault the guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

Not good enough, no running game, no OL - what can you expect! It would be a tougher pill to swallow losing in the Super Bowel TBH. Hard to admit but we don't deserve to be in the big game, can't have any arguments really!

• Advertisement

Brady was really poor for most of that game, beyond the pressure, he made some really bad throws. He didn't seem to have confidence at all.

Called it pretty well, got the D wrong though, they stepped up very well tonight, can't fault them for the effort though the Bronco's offence is septic really.

Denver D showed up big time and as expected the O-line played to its usual standard, Brady deserves better then that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Brady was really poor for most of that game, beyond the pressure, he made some really bad throws. He didn't seem to have confidence at all.

Hit 20 times tonight. A record for the entire NFL season. Don't know any QB that could thrive in those circumstances. Missed some throws sure but running for his life all game. You're going to be off balance making throws.

play calling today was ****ing shocking. No one on offense besides Gronk showed up at all. They should have kicked on 4th, definitely not call whatever the **** play that was.

Hit 20 times tonight. A record for the entire NFL season. Don't know any QB that could thrive in those circumstances. Missed some throws sure but running for his life all game. You're going to be off balance making throws.

Not ignoring that by any means, OL cost us the game, flat out. Brady was seeing ghosts most of the game, making really poor throws at times. Expected in that situation.

I think all of us would of bit a hand off if you were offered Broncos scoring only 20 points. Just so disappointed with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I think it was an outstanding achievement to make it to the AFC championship game with that O line. It's credit to the D and Brady for that!

Don't think Brady was that bad, he just had no time. A 38 year old qb getting hit 20 times is just ridiculous. Plus the fact we had no running game at all.

A half decent OL and we win that game, period.

Why they didn't kick on 4th is baffling. The D was stopping Denver at will, in the end we could have kicked 3 times to win the game ffs. Terrible play calling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I was actually impressed with how well Brady hung in there last night.
    While he was hit 20 times, the other stat you're missing is the other 25 odd pressures he received as well.

That means he only had around 10 throws without a defender in his face last night, even with a few 2-second releases in there.

Denver were able to get to him on 3 man rushes, leaving 8 guys covering 5 receivers downfield.
    There's never been a QB capable of winning a game with those conditions, the fact that he came so close is testament to how well he did at fighting against it.

Our O-Line is by far one of the worst units I've seen on a playoff team, and that's where I place all the blame for coming up short.

Gostkowski missed his first XP of 523 attempts and has won many games for us along the way.

We could have gone for field goals, but you're either 2 scores down if you go for a FG possibly 1 with a TD, late in the 4th against the best defense in the league that has hit your QB 20 times already, you take the shot you have because you know you may not get another.

With that O-Line, the playcalling becomes more difficult and your confidence to drive the field is lost.

Advertisement